ADVERTISEMENT

For Steeler fans....

MontereyLion

May 29, 2001
So my son and I were watching Cowturd this morning. Specifically when Bradshaw was on. They were talking football and obviously about the games over the weekend. Terry is a talker and he made fun of himself when it came to that. So I got up to leave and my son asks....who did Bradshaw play for? So my question for the board is this....should I disown him? Should I just let it go because he is a millennial? What should I do? At the time I just stopped and stared in amazement. The really scary this is he is a Steeler fan. Have we lost a whole generation?

Reactions: nittnee
So my son and I were watching Cowturd this morning. Specifically when Bradshaw was on. They were talking football and obviously about the games over the weekend. Terry is a talker and he made fun of himself when it came to that. So I got up to leave and my son asks....who did Bradshaw play for? So my question for the board is this....should I disown him? Should I just let it go because he is a millennial? What should I do? At the time I just stopped and stared in amazement. The really scary this is he is a Steeler fan. Have we lost a whole generation?

Given what Bradshaw has become, your son has a point.

Ok...do you know who Cardi B is?

Bradshaw pretty much disowned the Steelers, so I wouldn't recommend disowning your son. I've heard recently he didn't even attend Chuck Noll or Art Rooney's funerals, among others. He never has a good thing to say about the team anymore.

No idea....I get your point. I guess it's priorities.
Just messing with you...I get your point. Sad a fan isn't connected to the true hay day of the team. But I don't connect much with PSU teams of the 60's either.

Just messing with you...I get your point. Sad a fan isn't connected to the true hay day of the team. But I don't connect much with PSU teams of the 60's either.
You may not connect well with the Penn State stars of the 60s but I'll bet you've heard of them. At least the stars of the late 60s. Heck I'll bet you know who Lenny Moore is. Probably even Rosey Grier. Maybe my expectations of knowledge are too great. No big deal...or is it?

Bradshaw pretty much disowned the Steelers, so I wouldn't recommend disowning your son. I've heard recently he didn't even attend Chuck Noll or Art Rooney's funerals, among others. He never has a good thing to say about the team anymore.
Old news. True, he did not attend Noll’s funeral, but he buried that hatchet a long time ago and has made peace with his previous ill will. I read a couple of years ago that he believes he has been clinically depressed for most of his life, and only began receiving treatment for it long after his career was over.

From the article:
After his NFL career ended, Bradshaw was finally able to escape the stigma of mental illness in the league (and that's for another article), and communicate about his clinical depression. He disclosed that he frequently experienced anxiety attacks after games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT