ADVERTISEMENT

Florida and Ohio State alternate unis

Ohio State will be wearing an all-grey alternate uni for the Penn State game.

I mean ---- going with an alligator motif is fine as a "one-off." It's their nickname, after all.

But get rid of the Orange and Blue entirely in that case! Alligators are greenish-gray, not orange or blue!

Reactions: psu2016
Some TV poobah is going to realize that gray vs white at nite is going to be buckbutt fugly... expect if they go with the gadget uni we'll be allowed to wear blue.

some of the alter unis are kinda cool.. most blow chunks.

OSU all grey vs PSU white- that's going to be about as non contrasting of uniform colors as possible.

Purdue wore gray in our game in West Lafayette last year. Honestly made it tough to watch, a lack of contrast. These OSU uniforms look like they'll be worse in that regard.

Purdue wore gray in our game in West Lafayette last year. Honestly made it tough to watch, a lack of contrast. These OSU uniforms look like they'll be worse in that regard.

The black helmet and around the shoulder pads helped. Without those it would be difficult to differentiate the teams.

PSU-Purdue-2016-Barkley-610x343.jpg

Reactions: Bob78
Bring back the generations of greatness throwbacks for the OSU game. Show them what a real alternate should look like.

I mean ---- going with an alligator motif is fine as a "one-off." It's their nickname, after all.

But get rid of the Orange and Blue entirely in that case! Alligators are greenish-gray, not orange or blue!

I agree. I see what they're trying to do but it's just not done well.

I heard somewhere that OSU can request for us to change to the blue uniforms. We would then be able to request to wear our whites next year if the OSU game is the whiteout in 2018. In which case, I'm all for it.

Those Florida unis are worse than anything Maryland ever wore....and that saying something

I like the gunmetal dark gray helmets, but that is not in their color scheme, so to me it does not fit.
If a team has gray or even silver in their scheme, I'd go to that color helmet in a minute.

The UF shirts are just awful. Green.... yet another non-UF color. Odd, imo.

I'm not a fan of non-contrasting unis for opposing teams on the field. I think there is something almost unfair about it.... in the nano-second that some decisions need to be made during a play, a flash of color often helps the player decide what to do. With little contrast, that gets negated to an extent.
Just a farte d'olde opinion.

Reactions: psu00 and Cpeplion
Those Florida unis are worse than anything Maryland ever wore....and that saying something
Well, just about everything with that Maryland flag is pretty bad. I’m still surprised Colorado or CSU doesn’t try something with their flag. It’s awesome and they LOVE their flag. Wrong color for both, but...

I heard somewhere that OSU can request for us to change to the blue uniforms. We would then be able to request to wear our whites next year if the OSU game is the whiteout in 2018. In which case, I'm all for it.
I think you can expect Ohio State or Michigan to almost always be a white out game. Just depends who is playing at the Beav.

Well, just about everything with that Maryland flag is pretty bad. I’m still surprised Colorado or CSU doesn’t try something with their flag. It’s awesome and they LOVE their flag. Wrong color for both, but...
420 camo, made of hemp, and smokeable are on the docket for next year for the Buffs.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y

Looking at the 2 jerseys next to one another- I think they are going to have to ask PSU to wear blue.

Shhh, don’t tell the Nittany Lions their neither blue nor white.
420 camo, made of hemp, and smokeable are on the docket for next year for the Buffs.
With the pretty Colorado state flag?

Well, sure.

But if you're going to go with an alligator (mountain lion) motif for your uniform ------ go ALL IN!

All Beige!!! Maybe with a soft, fluffy jersey and underbelly.

Was just thinking Memphis should go Elvis with black hair and huge side burns on the helmet, lounge lizard motif on the jersey and pants and maybe a cape.

Fun stuff!

Absolutely hate this trend. Tennessee was in all grey a week or 2 ago. We've seen Oregon in all grey and black. Now Florida.

Penn State better never go this path. It's bad enough they sell blue and grey merchandise (as if PSU was Georgetown).
Not sure how to take that last comment

Not sure how to take that last comment

Not as any slap at Georgetown. ;) Just that G-town is blue/ grey. PSU is blue/white.

Hate this uniform trend started by nike/ adidas that started with Oregon and has now made its way to Tennessee, Florida, and others.

Reactions: LionHoya
Gray?!? It's the hardest color for the human eye to pick up. It's why it is so prevalent in military camoflouge schemes even though it is not very prevalent in nature. It is the exact opposite of eye catching. Great marketing strategy there Poindexter.

I never understood the whole grey thing. Hats shirts etc except for sweat shirts or sweat t shirts. Stay with your colors why be something else.

All Beige!!! Maybe with a soft, fluffy jersey and underbelly.

Was just thinking Memphis should go Elvis with black hair and huge side burns on the helmet, lounge lizard motif on the jersey and pants and maybe a cape.

Fun stuff!

The Memphis idea would be AWESOME!

If we're going to go alternate uniforms - we really ought to go all-in on this route.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT