ADVERTISEMENT

first Hodge rankings are out

1. Spencer Lee
The Field

Read the Hodge criteria and then answer this question. How many pins does Lee have so far this year?

Lee is in the running but it would take a loss or major drop off in performance from Nolf, Nickal and Joseph for Lee to get it this year.

Lee will probably get one before his career is over but this probably won't be that year.

Read the Hodge criteria and then answer this question. How many pins does Lee have so far this year?
Lots of wrestling left this year. Just my opinion. Spencer was the best wrestler at nationals last March aswell.

Will the PSU 4 split (Nolf, Bo, Cenzo, Hall) split the vote giving way to Spencer Lee to walk thru the door?

I was on the Nolf , then Spencer then Nickal train, at season start. To be honest, yes, Spencer is bonusing everyone but he is falling way behind on pin percentage which is surprising me a bit so far this season.

I am now on the Nolf/Nickal co-hodge winners bandwagon now. It's the only way to prevent an Injustice.

Reactions: diggerpup
I don't see Spencer doing better than 3rd this year, but he'll have a crack at two in a row after this year. I think Cenzo could win it too.

Reactions: drock1971
I don't see Spencer doing better than 3rd this year, but he'll have a crack at two in a row after this year. I think Cenzo could win it too.

Nolf/Nickal could get it this year. Spencer finishing 3 to 4th.

Next year (fingers crossed) no way is cenzo not getting it as a 4xer. The committee will just have to do it.

Spencer will have to wait till 2021 and MAY just be the most dominate wrestler all along. Is what it is.

Worst part is he wont ever sip the sweet taste of a team trophy in college.....

Nope the whole enchilada!
Don’t you think the lack of depth at 125 will hurt Spencer in the voting? That weight class absolutely cleared out (Spencer had a lot to do with that, I know). I think 157 165 174 and 197 (to a lesser degree) all have better #2s and better depth. What will Lee’s best win this year? Rivera? Maybe?

Don’t you think the lack of depth at 125 will hurt Spencer in the voting? That weight class absolutely cleared out (Spencer had a lot to do with that, I know). I think 157 165 174 and 197 (to a lesser degree) all have better #2s and better depth. What will Lee’s best win this year? Rivera? Maybe?
It's a good point, but I'm not sure it holds a lot of water, given the winner the last two years, and the lemming-like exodus from 149. Still don't think Spencer wins it this year unless the front-runners take a loss.

Best win is not mentioned anywhere in the Hodge criteria. What will hurt Lee the most is his lack of pins. This season to date he has ZERO falls. He gets a LOT of Tech Falls but Nolf & Nickal will both outdo him in the number of falls and so far so will Cenzo, Rasheed, etc.

Best win is not mentioned anywhere in the Hodge criteria. What will hurt Lee the most is his lack of pins. This season to date he has ZERO falls. He gets a LOT of Tech Falls but Nolf & Nickal will both outdo him in the number of falls and so far so will Cenzo, Rasheed, etc.
As much as it will pain @WildTurk , Spencer is not winning the Hodge this year unless both Nolf and Nickal suffer a loss or both get injured to the point they are not bonusing - so he's not winning it. All one has to do is examine the history of the Hodge to come to that determination. Things aren't going to suddenly change because the HR starts screaming. That's just the way it is.

What will be interesting is if Cenzo wins it again this year and comes back for his final year and goes undefeated and accrues bonus at the rate that it looks like he is doing this year. Even if Spencer is more dominant - at the lowest weight class - I have a hard time thinking that the Hodge won't end up going to Cenzo. All you need to look at is Dake-Ruth 2013 to see the way the Hodge works. It's a lot of having to wait your turn, damn the criteria.

Reactions: nerfstate
Purely by criteria Zain should be the owner of 3 of them since his sophomore year was more dominant than 'Ringer's senior year. But as the Hodge goes it went to a dominant 3 timer senior with an insane win streak.

Even with Zain earning it by criteria last year I would have not been upset if it would have went to Nickal because that would mean it could go to Nolf this year and then Zain, Nickal and Nolf could all have one and at least one huge injustice in the world would have been averted.

Didn't hurt Zain in a "weak" 49 field correct?

Last edited:
Criteria 5 is quality of competition.

Did Nolf just win by a MD?
You willing to make your confidence in this year’s winner interesting? Some shoes for kids perhaps?

Remember Cael has three votes and DT and Zain each two. Who’s to say how many more our slush fund can buy...

Reactions: Flying_Tiger
You willing to make your confidence in this year’s winner interesting? Some shoes for kids perhaps?

Remember Cael has three votes and DT and Zain each two. Who’s to say how many more our slush fund can buy...
Dont forget PSU fans generally win the on line voting component too.

OMG we are about to take over the hodge voting....

Life is a game but its not fair......

#dontbansuperdelegates
#werunthistown
#marchisthemonthforlions

Dont forget PSU fans generally win the on line voting component too.

OMG we are about to take over the hodge voting....

Life is a game but its not fair......

#dontbansuperdelegates
#werunthistown
#marchisthemonthforlions
Hashtags are for kids. How many cups of coffee are you at this morning?:)

Is that how it works at WIN? Past multi-Hodge winners get additional votes for their additional Hodges? Not doubting, I've just never heard that.

Most likely Hodge Trophy Awardees:

2019 Nolf/Nickal (Co-Hodges)
2020 Vincenzo Joseph
2021 Mark Hall (Took a red shirt in 2020)
2022 Lee finally wins the Hodge--Nick Lee (Red shirt with Hall)
2023 Aaron Brooks
2024 Aaron Brooks

Vincenzo will never even be close to winning the Hodge. He could win the title for the worst four timer ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT