ADVERTISEMENT

Finally. THE SCHEDULE!!

HOCKEYGOD11

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2006
State College
NOVEMBER
Sun. 10 NAVY 2 p.m.
Sun. 17 at Army-West Point Invite 10 a.m.
Fri. 22 at Arizona State TBA

DECEMBER
Fri. 6 at Lehigh TBA
Sun. 8 PENN 2 p.m.

JANUARY
Fri. 10 ILLINOIS* TBA
Sun. 12 NORTHWESTERN* TBA
Sun. 19 RUTGERS* TBA
Fri. 24 at Nebraska* TBA
Fri. 31 at Iowa* TBA

FEBRUARY
Sun. 2 MARYLAND* TBA
Fri. 7 at Wisconsin* TBA
Sun. 9 at Minnesota* TBA
Sat. 15 OHIO STATE* (BJC) TBA
Sun 23 AMERICAN 2 p.m.

MARCH
Sat.-Sun. 7-8 Big Ten Championships (Piscataway, N.J.)
Sat. 7 Session 1 -- Opening Round
Sat. 7 Session 2 -- Semifinals
Sun. 8 Session 3 -- Conso/Places/Championships

Thur.-Sat. 19-21 NCAA Championships (US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minn.)
Thur. 19 Session 1 -- 1st Round
Thur. 19 Session 2 -- 2nd Round/Consolations
Fri. 20 Session 3 -- Quarterfinals/Consolations
Fri. 20 Session 4 -- Semifinals/All-America Round
Sat. 21 Session 5 -- Medal Rounds
Sat. 21 Session 6 -- Championship Finals

* Big Ten Dual

Glad the coaches can plan around the OTT “problem” but this isn’t the most exciting schedule....

Illinois is our best home dual at rec, no Suriano for Rutgers (not the coaches’ fault).

Reactions: Str8DBLz
It's like the whole team is taking the Kyle Snyder schedule. Almost like someone has a plan or something... Still, not super jazzed.

TaTo trolling already . . .

Reactions: Dogwelder
No scuffle means there will be a wrestle off this year. Or it could mean the team is already set. :rolleyes:

FRL is saying there's a Freestyle tourney in Dallas? Modifying the schedule to allow for Freestyle stuff.

i would guess some where around 1 year from today... give or take 1 month

QUOTE="pawrestlersintn, post: 4309010, member: 78385"]When will the 2020-21 schedule be out?

First!!![/QUOTE]

FRL is saying there's a Freestyle tourney in Dallas? Modifying the schedule to allow for Freestyle stuff.
Senior Nationals, US Olympic Trial Qualifier is December 20th - 22nd in Ft Worth, TX.

I guess the coaches anticipate a fair number of Lions to be at that tournament.

One option for additional matches is for individuals to attend Opens.

Reactions: tikk10
It certainly looks as though there will be plenty of freestyle fodder for us to chew on during this upcoming season. It's going to be a unique year for sure.

Senior Nationals, US Olympic Trial Qualifier is December 20th - 22nd in Ft Worth, TX.

could really change our line-up for January

if...

RBY qualifies
Berge qualifies
Aaron Brooks qualifies
Mason Manville qualifies
Mark Hall qualifies
Cassar qualifies

Reactions: diggerpup

Per FRL, no one on the current team is qualified for the trials

if...

RBY qualifies
Berge qualifies
Aaron Brooks qualifies
Mason Manville qualifies
Mark Hall qualifies
Cassar qualifies
What would be the biggest change would be the weights RBY and Hall would go, if they decide to enter. Are they bulking up or cutting? Also, do not forget about Nick Lee and Beard as I can see both of them giving it a go. The weigh-ins for the Penn meet can be interesting.

The coaches did what was best for the Penn State wrestling team, I really hope that is what fans see.

-- 8 duals at home, the most formidable opponent, by far, is tOSU, which will be held in the BJC
-- The weak home schedule overall is due to the Big Ten rotation, and the fact that two great duals are away (see next bullet), iow happenstance
-- Two of our best duals, on paper, are away (Lehigh and ASU). Lehigh away because it's their turn, and ASU away because it's a home-and-home contract, and this is their home dual
-- No Keystone, as that weekend conflicted with ASU
-- Army Invitational, as it's the weekend (Nov. 17), which was open
-- No Scuffle, as it's too close to Senior Nationals, and keeping the team fresh, and peaking for NCAA's was more important than attending this tournament

Keeping it positive, every chance I get to see the Nits is a plus, regardless of opponent. West Point is within travel distance for locals, so is Lehigh...as is the Big Ten Championship. Not bad, imo...

if...

RBY qualifies
Berge qualifies
Aaron Brooks qualifies
Mason Manville qualifies
Mark Hall qualifies
Cassar qualifies

would those eligible need to skip november/december duals in order to qualify for an olympic redshirt? or can you not qualify for an ORS after the season starts?

would those eligible need to skip november/december duals in order to qualify for an olympic redshirt? or can you not qualify for an ORS after the season starts?
From a participation standpoint, Olympic redshirt is same as regular redshirt -- you are shirting until you wrestle attached, then you are no longer shirting.

Kyle Snyder did not take an Olympic shirt in 2016, even though that was the plan at the start of the season.

I know there is always a good reason, but January 1 and 2 to January 10 seems like plenty of seperation so I am a bit bewildered as to why no Scuffle. Okie State and ISU have young teams and it is a missed opportunity to see those 2.
Hear ya, though imo that's not the end of this time frame that is concerning to the coaches. Senior Nationals will be a brutal tournament, with guys that stay alive getting four, maybe five bouts. The Scuffle is also brutal, and is only nine days-of-rest later, with winners getting up to five bouts, and wrestlers getting more if bumped to wrestle-backs. Too close together.

I’m mostly bummed Mark won’t have a shot at being a 4x Scuffle champ, but that’s probably not #1 on his list.

The scuffle is great as a pivot to the B1G schedule, a good gauge for fans, coaches, and wrestlers. But we’ll all live, I suppose. Change is hard, but necessary for dynasties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT