ADVERTISEMENT

Finally. THE SCHEDULE!!

With all due respect to you and the coaches, this non conference schedule is weak at best. As a long term season ticket holder the home schedule is disappointing. Akin to scheduling three FCS opponents in football. What purpose does those types of games/matches really serve?
Trust the process--this staff gets results:)

Reactions: matter7172
I remember the one year Penn State couldn't make it to the Southern Scuffle due to weather and I thought this is it, the whole peaking at nationals is over. They won't get the competition they need. 3 months later. National Champions.

Complaining about a weak out of conference while wrestling a Big Ten schedule is like complaining that Alabama plays a weak non-conference schedule by putting FCS teams on it. It makes no sense when your conference is hands down the best. There are at best 4-5 teams outside the Big Ten I would think would elevate the schedule one of which is already on it with ASU having some top end talent on their roster.

I don't mind it at all especially in an Olympic year.

How many fans were in the stands in the third quarter when Alabama played New Mexico State?

LOL. Tough to have a tough OOC schedule when you are as good as we are. In the last 9 years other than OK State there is no school that could consistently give us a close dual. Even in the BIG there are only 1 or 2 teams each year that are really tough. Price of being so dominant.

I don't agree. We are talking here about Navy, American and Penn. Would it be too much to ask to sprinkle in Cornell, NC State, Missouri or even Pitt? I don't have a problem with this overall, but those matches will not be quality matches and we won't be able to gauge much from watching them.

Reactions: Wilco43
To get "on post", if you're 18 or over, you'll need a government-issued ID. It is possible a visitor's pass may be needed (they're confirming), in which case stopping by the visitor's center may be required.

Event is on Sunday. The following link says visitor pass center is only open Monday through Friday.

https://home.army.mil/westpoint/index.php/about/visitor-information

It also has ID requirements: "Generally, a current driver’s license or passport will suffice for identification, but driver’s licenses and identification cards from specific territories and states that do not comply with the REAL ID Act of 2005 are not to be used as the sole source for identity verification to access Federal installations. A listing of the current state-by-state compliance is available at REAL ID Act Status of States & Territories."

FWIW realizing circumstances change, several years ago I visited West Point through a check point gate, and I didn't go through the visitor pass process. Just had to sign on and be off post by 2PM.

I went and picked up three cadets for the PSU v. Army game a couple years ago. I pulled up to the checkpoint, told them why I was there, they waved me right through. Same thing on the way back in on Sunday. I don't think they even asked for an ID. Not that that's the way it will be for this event, but that was my experience.

Event is on Sunday. The following link says visitor pass center is only open Monday through Friday.

https://home.army.mil/westpoint/index.php/about/visitor-information

It also has ID requirements: "Generally, a current driver’s license or passport will suffice for identification, but driver’s licenses and identification cards from specific territories and states that do not comply with the REAL ID Act of 2005 are not to be used as the sole source for identity verification to access Federal installations. A listing of the current state-by-state compliance is available at REAL ID Act Status of States & Territories."

FWIW realizing circumstances change, several years ago I visited West Point through a check point gate, and I didn't go through the visitor pass process. Just had to sign on and be off post by 2PM.
just got my RealID in the mail... not sure if I'm driving up there though...

I remember the one year Penn State couldn't make it to the Southern Scuffle due to weather and I thought this is it, the whole peaking at nationals is over. They won't get the competition they need. 3 months later. National Champions

I think PSU did not schedule the Scuffle that year. The weather prevented their trip to Reno.

I remember the one year Penn State couldn't make it to the Southern Scuffle due to weather and I thought this is it, the whole peaking at nationals is over. They won't get the competition they need. 3 months later. National Champions.

Complaining about a weak out of conference while wrestling a Big Ten schedule is like complaining that Alabama plays a weak non-conference schedule by putting FCS teams on it. It makes no sense when your conference is hands down the best. There are at best 4-5 teams outside the Big Ten I would think would elevate the schedule one of which is already on it with ASU having some top end talent on their roster.

I don't mind it at all especially in an Olympic year.
The weather impacted travel to Reno, not the Scuffle. The Scuffle was not on the schedule that year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT