ADVERTISEMENT

Fields has decommitted per his Twitter***

Talk to me in February, all this recruiting stuff is for people with nothing better to do and for kids who think they are amazing and don't realize the importance of a commitment. He wasn't getting out of SEC country once he blew up. His sisters go to UGA and SEC schools. People in the South get in his ear. I was in Jacksonville for the Bowl game and UGA fans were ripping Paterno and calling us Yankees "get out of the south." U think he didn't hear this stuff constantly down there. Then he goes to a camp with Cam Newton, SEC guy and has him in his ear. Money bags are being dropped off as we speak.

The sooner everyone starts accepting the fact that PSU won't pay players and play that game and there is a certain kind of kid that goes to PSU the better. Give me a bunch of 3 stars and 4 stars who are hungry and a couple of 5 stars trickled in every once in a while and I'm good. Its the reason I grew up loving PSU football anyway. They were tough hard nosed kids who had nothing given to them, just like last year's team. Appreciate what we have, we won 7 games a year with 40 scholarship players at some points and with guys who had no business being on the field at PSU at some points.

Thats why WEARE
Scam's dad got $160,000 iirc. Wonder with inflation what Fields will command.

Eh. Not sure id waste my time

in reality.... parsons was more upfront and honest in his plans than Fields

Parsons is a much bigger loss IMO.
  1. He's a local kid (remember dominate the state)
  2. He could be headed to our top competitor, O$U

I still like the forgotten QB a lot - Sean Clifford.

And I still like the forgotten QB a lot -- Tommy Stevens. He will now get his shot without any 5-star political pressure.

Let's see if Fields can make the same throws in a college game situation after playing the same number of snaps.

Reactions: step.eng69
Gatorbait can offer him an immediate starting job as a true freshman. The next Tebow. Zaire is there to fill in for one year and then it's wide open for him. He'd have to sit a yr at PSU, FSU, and Ga. It did cross my mind that he never looked engaged during B&W weekend. He was there but he didn't smile a lot. I don't think this has shocked the staff. They visited and suspect he was moving in this direction. Too bad as the weapons are there...

Justin Fields went from the 98th ranked player in the country to the number two in a couple weeks. Can you imagine the hype he's getting? I pity the kid for having to deal with that, and SEC people are nuts. He's not gone, neither is Micah

Justin Fields went from the 98th ranked player in the country to the number two in a couple weeks. Can you imagine the hype he's getting? I pity the kid for having to deal with that, and SEC people are nuts. He's not gone, neither is Micah

Micah might come back but I would be shocked if Fields does. Bad enough to verbal outside the SEC early and take heat. Only thing worse is to back out and then dive back in late. You think it was bad early, it will be ten times worse if he comes back to the fold after giving the locals real hope that he was going to stay close to home.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Nobody from the South is going to come back to us late. Not yet. Maybe in a few years, but not yet. And when he said that his parents wanted him closer to home, I figured that was not a good sign.

$ec coaches are probably telling him JoMo will be gone after next season.

We'll be fine. We have no choice, but Franklin and the staff will keep working hard. Remember that the world ended when wimbush decommitted. It ended tonight. It will end again. We'll be fine.
Wimbush's decommitment is a great analogy to tonights' turn of events. Great dual threat QB's are going to be swayed where they feel most comfortable. We'll survive this too and succeed anyway, so wait until signing day to count our chickens. We'll be happy, I'm sure!

Has anyone asked him why he decommited? I somehow think there's more to this story.
No doubt he realizes what a powerhouse the Cal Bear football team is gonna be this year (the over/under on wins for Cal is 3.5), and wants to jump on the Cal bandwagon before it is too late. :rolleyes:

Has anyone asked him why he decommited? I somehow think there's more to this story.

Hey did you apologize to Georgia44? Weren't you one of the rude guys in that thread? Just curious what kind of man you are.

Hey did you apologize to Georgia44? Weren't you one of the rude guys in that thread? Just curious what kind of man you are.
I understand GNIT 44 is not responding to apologies at the moment. Reports are that he is still adjusting the straps on the that bushel basket he requires to haul his swollen gonads around.

Wow. He got vindicated ALMOST faster than you can say "unverified rumor" or "8 post SEC troll."

Parsons told him on twitter he's proud of him and he made the right decision. Super.

Reactions: grinagrin
No apology necessary. His OP was "trollish" and the supplemental information he included in a later post may or may not be truthful. He could still very well be a long-time troll who happens to recall the likes of MCE, Carol etc....

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
No apology necessary. His OP was "trollish" and the supplemental information he included in a later post may or may not be truthful. He could still very well be a long-time troll who happens to recall the likes of MCE, Carol etc....

You're classless sir. No way to go through life but have a good one.

I understand GNIT 44 is not responding to apologies at the moment. Reports are that he is still adjusting the straps on the that bushel basket he requires to haul his swollen gonads around.

Wow. He got vindicated ALMOST faster than you can say "unverified rumor" or "8 post SEC troll."

Funny! This may be my favorite post for real!!! And, you may be right. If I had to bet I'd say you are right. But some of the classless trash on our site makes me sick to my stomach sometimes.

Parsons told him on twitter he's proud of him and he made the right decision. Super.

What on Earth does that mean? Geez that's alarming! Is Parsons pissed at the staff or something?

Parsons is a much bigger loss IMO.
  1. He's a local kid (remember dominate the state)
  2. He could be headed to our top competitor, O$U

We haven't "lost" Parsons yet according to none other than Parsons himself - go figure! BTW, there is also a very highly-rated DL at Cathedral Prep in Erie looking at both PSU and duhO$U.....so what?

Is that a gator on his shirt below the tweet?
In reality an Elite 11 logo, but figuratively ...
r8djNZ7H.jpg

81: I'm trying to figure out your avatar photo. Is that a fishing lure?

It's pretty much true. "Their" is no loyalty on either side. Commitments are just holding your spot until you find an offer you like better, to a lot of these guys (and coaches).

It's pretty much true. "Their" is no loyalty on either side. Commitments are just holding your spot until you find an offer you like better, to a lot of these guys (and coaches).

Well, that should erase any idea that Parsons will select PSU, and I hope erase any feeling among PSU fans that he would be a good fit.

Seeya.

Coming in peace. This has been pretty well known in Georgia for a couple weeks, it wasn't a question of if, it was when. I don't think he ends up at UF, the ND grad transfer might start, or he might not, their projected starter was a top 5 qb when he came out and is a RS Frosh. Of course UGA is going to recruit him, but he isn't looking to sit for 3 years, and yes I believe Jake Fromm will start after Eason regardless of who we sign, not sure he shouldn't be starting with Eason there but that's another story. 4 schools in the mix, FSU, UF, Auburn and UGA, parents want UGA because his sister is there, UF is probably the least likely of the 4. He loves him some FSU and A&M being across the street doesn't hurt their chances and Cam Newton is his favorite player. FSU or AU is his likely destination.

Coming in peace. This has been pretty well known in Georgia for a couple weeks, it wasn't a question of if, it was when. I don't think he ends up at UF, the ND grad transfer might start, or he might not, their projected starter was a top 5 qb when he came out and is a RS Frosh. Of course UGA is going to recruit him, but he isn't looking to sit for 3 years, and yes I believe Jake Fromm will start after Eason regardless of who we sign, not sure he shouldn't be starting with Eason there but that's another story. 4 schools in the mix, FSU, UF, Auburn and UGA, parents want UGA because his sister is there, UF is probably the least likely of the 4. He loves him some FSU and A&M being across the street doesn't hurt their chances and Cam Newton is his favorite player. FSU or AU is his likely destination.
Sounds legit.

A question if you care to address it?
With such a talented prospect, and with the schools you indicated in pursuit, what are the chances that illegal benefits such as cash, vehicles, or belongings are involved?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT