ADVERTISEMENT

Fields has decommitted per his Twitter***

Yep. Son just read it.
"After many hours of prayer and discussion with my family, I have decided to decommit from Penn State University and reopen my recruitment. This is probably the hardest decision I've had to make. "

There's more. Thanks Franklin and Moorhead.

OL

I said it the other day in 2018 recruiting thread that it didn't sound like a committed kid in his interview and was ridiculed too. People believe what they want to believe.

unfortunately. he still may end up here and this class will be strong but the 2 biggest clowns on this board once again have egg on their face and for some reason they still post here

No skin off my apple.

It sucks based on his potential, but he's a high-school kid. It happens. All we can do is have faith in the coaching staff and pull for the guys who are committed to the Blue and White. Rocket surgery, I know.

Reactions: step.eng69
This is gonna be a trend with Franklin and Co... not because they aren't excellent recruiters (they ARE), but because they get in on the ground floor with recruits. Due to this style of recruiting, the natural progression will be that some decommit as they start to realize their worth. Furthermore, because we were there from the start, many of these kids will follow normal human nature and take our offer for granted...

This is gonna be a trend with Franklin and Co... not because they aren't excellent recruiters (they ARE), but because they get in on the ground floor with recruits. Due to this style of recruiting, the natural progression will be that some decommit as they start to realize their worth. Furthermore, because we were there from the start, many of these kids will follow normal human nature and take our offer for granted...

Probably a very accurate post

Reactions: TheGLOV
Kid appears to be a star in the making. Hopefully Franklin and crew can convince him to pick PSU. They have 2 more years with McSorley and then plenty in the cubbard. So the sky isn't falling. Trust that the coaches will do their jobs and bring in talent.

Reactions: 81b&w
Punch to the gut. Great momentum early to a legendary class, now the two highest rated have decided to look elsewhere. Nits have to kick tail on the field, season ain't coming fast enough.

Kid appears to be a star in the making. Hopefully Franklin and crew can convince him to pick PSU. They have 2 more years with McSorley and then plenty in the cubbard. So the sky isn't falling. Trust that the coaches will do their jobs and bring in talent.

Shouldn't we fire Franklin and Moorhead? :eek:

Reactions: LafayetteBear

Eh. Not sure id waste my time

in reality.... parsons was more upfront and honest in his plans than Fields

I think we're pretty stacked at the QB position right now, and Trace will be around for 2 years barring injury. Hard to sell an open spot to a kid that's getting told he's the best in the country with that on the table.

I live here in the Atlanta area. Work with many SEC school grads. For weeks gave tokd me Fields will not stick with Penn State when so many SEC schools are courting him. Looks like UF has the edge at the moment.

Tanned knockers at every turn is a good selling point. But Gainesville is an armpit. Hope he keeps tabs but his post seemed pretty bleak for the good guys.

Talk to me in February, all this recruiting stuff is for people with nothing better to do and for kids who think they are amazing and don't realize the importance of a commitment. He wasn't getting out of SEC country once he blew up. His sisters go to UGA and SEC schools. People in the South get in his ear. I was in Jacksonville for the Bowl game and UGA fans were ripping Paterno and calling us Yankees "get out of the south." U think he didn't hear this stuff constantly down there. Then he goes to a camp with Cam Newton, SEC guy and has him in his ear. Money bags are being dropped off as we speak.

The sooner everyone starts accepting the fact that PSU won't pay players and play that game and there is a certain kind of kid that goes to PSU the better. Give me a bunch of 3 stars and 4 stars who are hungry and a couple of 5 stars trickled in every once in a while and I'm good. Its the reason I grew up loving PSU football anyway. They were tough hard nosed kids who had nothing given to them, just like last year's team. Appreciate what we have, we won 7 games a year with 40 scholarship players at some points and with guys who had no business being on the field at PSU at some points.

Thats why WEARE

Hopefully when they realize their worth, it isn't like Cam Newton!? $EC, F$U or O$U style.

Reactions: PSUChicago
We'll be fine. We have no choice, but Franklin and the staff will keep working hard. Remember that the world ended when wimbush decommitted. It ended tonight. It will end again. We'll be fine.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT