ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Penn State filing: Sandusky settlements should stay sealed

Did Joe do enough? Debatable

Did C/S/S do enough? Debatable

Did Joe conspire with many different players, coaches, and administrators for 40 years to cover up for Sandusky? Preposterous!

Yet that's the media narrative fueled by our own BOT's actions.

Did Joe do enough? Debatable

Did C/S/S do enough? Debatable

Did Joe conspire with many different players, coaches, and administrators for 40 years to cover up for Sandusky? Preposterous!

Yet that's the media narrative fueled by our own BOT's actions.

That is indeed the result of the BOT's actions. They need to own it. Paterno (aka "football") knew precisely that Sandusky was fellating and sodomizing multiple kids for decades, and turned a blind eye in the name of football...

I have never, ever witnessed such a ludicrous proposition that has been sold and bought by millions.... even some that went to PSU.

That is indeed the result of the BOT's actions. They need to own it. Paterno (aka "football") knew precisely that Sandusky was fellating and sodomizing multiple kids for decades, and turned a blind eye in the name of football...

I have never, ever witnessed such a ludicrous proposition that has been sold and bought by millions.... even some that went to PSU.

In order to believe the media narrative you would have to believe that Joe:
  1. Knew what JS was doing
  2. Kept it quiet
  3. Conspired with many different coaches and administrators to cover it up
  4. Allowed JS to continue for 40 yrs
  5. Allowed his own kids and grandkids to play at Sandusky's house
  6. Somehow got the high school, police, and CPS to give Sandusky a pass
  7. Got 100s of players and his own family to stay quiet
  8. Kept MM, his dad, and Dranov from doing more. Same with TSM.
I could go on and on. It's totally beyond belief but the media looked past all of this because bringing down Joe was what made this a big story. The BOT set it all up by firing Joe without allowing him to speak in his own defense and before any investigation took place. Then they removed all doubt by accepting unprecedented sanctions.

Penn State may very well win its first court case. Yay team and give someone a raise. :rolleyes: Despite my sarcasm about PSU being on losing end and on the wrong side of most issues, I don't think this should be in the public domain, but the alumni trustees should have access. They can raise questions in the appropriate format.

Last edited:
Imagine the public good that could happen if this "coalition of news outlets" would do that Fourth Estate thing for us citizens out here and demand accountability from...oh....I dunno....perhaps the licensed children's charitable non-profit that was founded, funded and had the face of a Preferential Child Sexual Offender?

Either minors were abused under the watch of licensed child welfare professionals in our state or they weren't.

I still maintain that if this were a case of dogs being abused by an Executive Director of the SPCA, the media and the pitchfork and torches crowd would have been swarming the parking lot of the SPCA demanding answers. Kids are abused by an Executive Director of a kids charity - oh look - SHINY OBJECT OVER HERE ---> FOOTBALL

Penn State may very well win its first court case. Yay team and give someone a raise. :rolleyes: Despite my sarcasm about PSU being on losing end and on the wrong side of most issues, I don't think this should be in the public domain, but the alumni trustees should have access. They can raise questions in the appropriate format.

It should never have been in the public domain--but in that case (1) why all the leaks and (2) what about victims who broke their confidentiality agreements? If 2 is true, then that puts (or should put) those cases back into the public domain.

2. Kept it quiet
I could go on and on. It's totally beyond belief but the media looked past all of this because bringing down Joe was what made this a big story. The BOT set it all up by firing Joe without allowing him to speak in his own defense and before any investigation took place. Then they removed all doubt by accepting unprecedented sanctions.

This is a great list - why not finish it so I have something to copy/paste in facebook and other postings... :) :)

The process and vetting should be open to alumni and other agencies to look into. That is a crap load of money and I never understood how this was anything more than a criminal matter. It was never a PSU matter and it was never a NCAA matter. To this day not one other person from PSU is in jail or has been proven in a court of law to aid or help Jerry hide his sick crap. I was responding to jive in particular who in the past like me has seen the victims names used here because simply they were not raised to be great citizens. People have a misconception that if you aren't screaming for Jerry's new trial that you don't want the truth to come out. That isn't the case with me. I'm all for TSM and the decision makers on the BoT when this went down being looked into.

It seriously looks like there was no vetting. How is that possible?
  • PSU certainly wouldn't be liable for anything that occurred back in the 1970s.
  • The 1998 incident was reported to police and CPS and was dismissed so I can't imagine PSU would be liable for anything that occurred between 1998-2001.
  • The only possible liability would be for abuses occurring after 2001.
So why pay anybody who claimed to be abused prior to 2001? The only reason would to get the "victims" to shut up and go away. But they didn't even get that part right. These people have been writing books and going to the press which blows my mind. I think any 1st year law student would put a clause in the settlement agreement stating that PSU does not admit guilt and stipulating that the money must be refunded if the accuser makes any disparaging remarks about PSU or it's agents.

It seriously looks like there was no vetting. How is that possible?
  • PSU certainly wouldn't be liable for anything that occurred back in the 1970s.
  • The 1998 incident was reported to police and CPS and was dismissed so I can't imagine PSU would be liable for anything that occurred between 1998-2001.
  • The only possible liability would be for abuses occurring after 2001.
So why pay anybody who claimed to be abused prior to 2001? The only reason would to get the "victims" to shut up and go away. But they didn't even get that part right. These people have been writing books and going to the press which blows my mind. I think any 1st year law student would put a clause in the settlement agreement stating that PSU does not admit guilt and stipulating that the money must be refunded if the accuser makes any disparaging remarks about PSU or it's agents.

The why they paid anyone is a joke. If a postman commits multiple molestations, does the US government shell out millions of dollars? Would Sanyo if it were one of their employees. The geography of a crime is irrelevant IMO, but the school felt differently...not sure why.

Reactions: BBrown
Imagine the public good that could happen if this "coalition of news outlets" would do that Fourth Estate thing for us citizens out here and demand accountability from...oh....I dunno....perhaps the licensed children's charitable non-profit that was founded, funded and had the face of a Preferential Child Sexual Offender?

Those organizations didn't settle with dozens of people like Penn State did.

The why they paid anyone is a joke. If a postman commits multiple molestations, does the US government shell out millions of dollars? Would Sanyo if it were one of their employees. The geography of a crime is irrelevant IMO, but the school felt differently...not sure why.

Agree....for every molestation after 2001 I can understand a claim that Schultz didn't do enough to prevent them. I don't believe that claim but it is a valid claim as Schultz awaits trial. Anything before 2001 is ridiculous.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Agree....for every molestation after 2001 I can understand a claim that Schultz didn't do enough to prevent them. I don't believe that claim but it is a valid claim as Schultz awaits trial. Anything before 2001 is ridiculous.

Blame no tort reform. Lawyers know they can get money from anyone with deep pockets--so they sue everyone and in a lot of cases a jury will be sympathetic and give a victim money--justified or not. That's why folks and especially companies settle IRL. It's not justice in many cases, but it is the way our system works.

Reactions: bdgan and Obliviax
Blame no tort reform. Lawyers know they can get money from anyone with deep pockets--so they sue everyone and in a lot of cases a jury will be sympathetic and give a victim money--justified or not. That's why folks and especially companies settle IRL. It's not justice in many cases, but it is the way our system works.

..., or better put, why our system doesn't work. Stuff like this is a disgrace. I'm no Trump supporter, but one thing he said that I like is that his company never settles if they feel they have no liability.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

This has nothing to do with tort reform. It has to do with trustees breaching their fiduciary duty to Penn State.
The "victims" from the 1970s could not have collected in court. Period.

This has nothing to do with tort reform. It has to do with trustees breaching their fiduciary duty to Penn State.

Sorry, I disagree. Of course I believe that the Old Guard failed in their responsibilities. But reality is that those "victims" might well *have* found a sympathetic jury--especially given the feelings this kind of crime engenders. You see it all the time in crazy jury civil awards. And the blood-suckers go after who has money not who is really at fault.

I agree they couldn't have collected but they could have disparaged PSU in the media. Oh wait, they went ahead and did that anyway.

Our BOT and their legal advisors have to be the worst crisis management people of all time. Also the worst fiduciaries.

Sorry, I disagree. Of course I believe that the Old Guard failed in their responsibilities. But reality is that those "victims" might well *have* found a sympathetic jury--especially given the feelings this kind of crime engenders. You see it all the time in crazy jury civil awards. And the blood-suckers go after who has money not who is really at fault.

No. The cases from the 1970s never would have made it to court.
Period.
http://research.lawyers.com/pennsylvania/pennsylvania-statutes-of-limitations.html

2. Kept it quiet
Well stated. Guilty with no evidence and the barn door can't be closed once opened so far.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
No. The cases from the 1970s never would have made it to court.
Period.
http://research.lawyers.com/pennsylvania/pennsylvania-statutes-of-limitations.html
Given that the original post I was replying too stated (emphasis mine):

I'll stand by my statements.

[QUOTE="wensilver, post: 1866360, member: 9524"I still maintain that if this were a case of dogs being abused by an Executive Director of the SPCA, the media and the pitchfork and torches crowd would have been swarming the parking lot of the SPCA demanding answers. Kids are abused by an Executive Director of a kids charity - oh look - SHINY OBJECT OVER HERE ---> FOOTBALL][/QUOTE]
Squirrel!

1 - Does the Catholic Church have $$$$?
2 - Might juries be "sympathetic" to those CSA victims?
3 - Was the Catholic Church Leadership found - in court - to be directly responsible for covering up CSA, and aiding and abetting MEMBERS of their Church, in there CAPACITY as leaders of the Church, to continue to abuse EVEN MORE victims?
4 - Where these cases adjudicated in numerous venues across the country?

HINT: The answers to all of the questions is "Yes"

Now, what was the HIGHEST, the absolute HIGHEST award per proven victim of CSA at the hands of Catholic Priests in any venue around the country?

Take a guess..... Please

The answer? Just under $1,000,000 per (in a case in Los Angeles)

The average, nationwide? Just over $100,000 per PROVEN case

And you think it was a prudent move to pay out $3,000,000 per head for "victims" when:
1 - No one at PSU was ever (or likely ever will be) proven to have aided and abetted anyone
2 - The convicted perpetrator (ONE MAN, not some entire demographic) was not acting in his role at PSU, but rather in his role at a regulated, state-governed Youth Charity - - - that he himself, the perpetrator, had FOUNDED
3 - The large majority of the claimants had never proven a case in court. Most - IIRC - had never even so much as filed a criminal complaint

But: The reason PSU paid out 30 X as much per person was out of fear of a "bad jury"?

Yeah.... Right..... that's the ticket

LOL

:)

1 - Does the Catholic Church have $$$$?
2 - Might juries be "sympathetic" to those CSA victims?
3 - Was the Catholic Church Leadership found - in court - to be directly responsible for covering up CSA, and aiding and abetting MEMBERS of their Church, in there CAPACITY as leaders of the Church, to continue to abuse EVEN MORE victims?
4 - Where these cases adjudicated in numerous venues across the country?

HINT: The answers to all of the questions is "Yes"

Now, what was the HIGHEST, the absolute HIGHEST award per proven victim of CSA at the hands of Catholic Priests in any venue around the country?

Take a guess..... Please

The answer? Just under $1,000,000 per (in a case in Los Angeles)

The average, nationwide? Just over $100,000 per PROVEN case

And you think it was a prudent move to pay out $3,000,000 per head for "victims" when:
1 - No one at PSU was ever (or likely ever will be) proven to have aided and abetted anyone
2 - The convicted perpetrator (ONE MAN, not some entire demographic) was not acting in his role at PSU, but rather in his role at a regulated, state-governed Youth Charity - - - that he himself, the perpetrator, had FOUNDED
3 - The large majority of the claimants had never proven a case in court. Most - IIRC - had never even so much as filed a criminal complaint

But: The reason PSU paid out 30 X as much per person was out of fear of a "bad jury"?

Yeah.... Right..... that's the ticket

LOL

:)

Which leads me to believe that they are hiding someone or something that is way more fetid and foul - should that sewer cap ever be pried up.

Which leads me to believe that they are hiding someone or something that is way more fetid and foul - should that sewer cap ever be pried up.

I wonder if they were hiding Ira Lubert wrestling with boys at Sandusky's camp on Ira Lubert's property. Ira Lubert and Sandusky were tight, and Ira Lubert loves wrestling.

Reactions: Ski and N&B4PSU
I can't imagine what the mediation was like.

Accuser: Jerry abused me.
PSU: Do you remember details?
Accuser: Yes.
PSU: OK, $2Mil... for $2M more, can you provide those details?
Accuser: Naw.
PSU: OK, we'll split the difference... $3Million ok?
Accuser: Yeah, but I don't hafta testify or take a poly or nuttin.
PSU: We don't want anyh of that kind of thing cluttering up the process. $3M.. sold.

I wonder if they were hiding Ira Lubert wrestling with boys at Sandusky's camp on Ira Lubert's property. Ira Lubert and Sandusky were tight, and Ira Lubert loves wrestling.

Could be. We could all come up with some plausible scenarios.

Here's what we do know:
1. The Second Mile has never been credibly investigated as far as the public knows. Why?
2. "Tough Cookie" Lynne Abraham - after grandstanding about doing so and turning over her findings to the OAG - gift wrapped TSM 6 short weeks later to Arrow Ministries. Why?
3. Licensed caseworkers, a PA jurist and CPS professionals that approved Sandusky as an adoptive/foster parent, placed kids in his home, enabled his access to minors and did so for decades have been silent. Why?
4. Great effort has been made to keep fabricated media floodwaters up on campus rather than letting it seek its own level and flow across Atherton to TSM offices and beyond. Why?
5. Dr. Jack Raykovitz and his wife Katherine Genovese apparently still gad about town, not a care in the world, after their community was torched in a media firestorm. Why?
6. The FBI was interested if victims ever got on a plane to Pittsburgh and/or Texas. Why?
7. The silence coming from those most directly responsible for the advocacy of those minors, enabling the access to those minors, which resulted in the subsequent victimization of those minors has been deafening. Why?
8. Certain influential Trustees on our Board have been utterly silent about TSM and were all too willing to step on the gas, drive in the opposite direction and throw money from that speeding vehicle. Why?

So - I can think of a few scenarios - particularly in the absence of any details coming from TSM:

Scenario A: Individuals at TSM were a conduit for providing at-risk youth for "parties" for certain BoT members and high profile out-of-towners, should their identities be known - would be a nuclear blast across the state & beyond.
Scenario B: TSM was laundering money and involved in fraudulent activity with high profile individuals both on the BoT and in influential PA political/corporate circles.
Scenario C: Both A & B

Here's what we do know:
1. The Second Mile has never been credibly investigated as far as the public knows. Why?
2. "Tough Cookie" Lynne Abraham - after grandstanding about doing so and turning over her findings to the OAG - gift wrapped TSM 6 short weeks later to Arrow Ministries. Why?
3. Licensed caseworkers, a PA jurist and CPS professionals that approved Sandusky as an adoptive/foster parent, placed kids in his home, enabled his access to minors and did so for decades have been silent. Why?
4. Great effort has been made to keep fabricated media floodwaters up on campus rather than letting it seek its own level and flow across Atherton to TSM offices and beyond. Why?
5. Dr. Jack Raykovitz and his wife Katherine Genovese apparently still gad about town, not a care in the world, after their community was torched in a media firestorm. Why?
6. The FBI was interested if victims ever got on a plane to Pittsburgh and/or Texas. Why?
7. The silence coming from those most directly responsible for the advocacy of those minors, enabling the access to those minors, which resulted in the subsequent victimization of those minors has been deafening. Why?
8. Certain influential Trustees on our Board have been utterly silent about TSM and were all too willing to step on the gas, drive in the opposite direction and throw money from that speeding vehicle. Why?

So - I can think of a few scenarios - particularly in the absence of any details coming from TSM:

Scenario A: Individuals at TSM were a conduit for providing at-risk youth for "parties" for certain BoT members and high profile out-of-towners, should their identities be known - would be a nuclear blast across the state & beyond.
Scenario B: TSM was laundering money and involved in fraudulent activity with high profile individuals both on the BoT and in influential PA political/corporate circles.

GREAT SUMMARY based on this "Scandal" as being just happening. I think it was fully engineered out of Harrisburg - organized by Tom Corbett.

When you look at it as and "engineered bank robbery" DONE BY PROFESSIONALS, some of the issues we seem to focus on go away.

Try this on for size....PA is a cesspool of corruption that is run by a cartel of political and financial elites. The cartel CONTROLS the court system, it CONTROLS PA State Police, it CONTROLS OAG. Sandusky's. TSM charity is a money manager for questionable (if not fully illegal) activities known to and benefiting the cartel.

Sandusky's a known "strange-o" who acts to find boys and then grooms them by establishing those who are canidates for a "Cartel business" or not. He is not the rapist per se, he is the "testing Lab" for high influence/money persons who want illegal access to boys for their personal needs..

Sandusky is a small-time "resource" of the cartel and therefore is normally given Protection by PA state agencies because he is the first rung of an illegal (but protected) business.

The start of all this....the Sandusky's investigation for his HS activities in 2009, was one that he normally would have gotten off via the PA Cartel's "Get-out-of-Jail Free" card. But something ELSE happened to change things....Another - more important "PA Black ops" emergency happened and the emergency required TONS of hush money.

The OAG already has Sandusky to be dealt with and Corbett needs money both for Hush money and election campaign. Corbett consults with his team of "Fixers" - political PR smear specialists - and they come up with a perfect plan. That Plan is the "PSU Criminal Football Scandal". Use sports to smoke screen TSM which holds records that could expose the criminal acts of PA Gov officials. Destroy TSM records, move assests, divert public interest....the rest is history.

Now WHY does such a crack-pot plan have any validity - FORGET THE EXISTING "SANDUSKY-PATERNO STORY". Look at how much media "machining"and management of information over 5 years has been required to make this absurdity even slightly believable. Thed cartel USED PROFESSIONALS ---- who have constructed this cover for no other reason than to get beholding OGBOT members to open up the massive pockets of PSU and provide HUSH MONEY for other crimes.

Too long to provide all the facts that support this, but just look at one thing....PSU has given away over $100M and we can't even validate the NAMES and DETAILS of any of those payments. How is this possible - CONTROL OF PA COURTS!!! Simple as that!

Too long to provide all the facts that support this, but just look at one thing....PSU has given away over $100M and we can't even validate the NAMES and DETAILS of any of those payments. How is this possible - CONTROL OF PA COURTS!!! Simple as that!

Well - it does make one wonder, huh?

I think what we AREN'T being told is more important than what we are being told. However, I can't give these people any credit for some grand orchestrated conspiracy. I think so much of this is the result of several individual personal, petty agendas that collided creating a tsunami of unintended consequences. The floodwaters of which still roil and I think a few are desparately paddling below the surface to avoid exposure.

Here's what we do know:
1. The Harrisburg access media really isn't all that smart. These are the folks crafting the narrative for us citizens out here - and it's shameful, really. But they're like crows picking tin-foil out of a trash can. #shinyobject
2. The Board as a whole, nor can certain influential Trustees simply find it upon themselves to publicly stand up and say - "we're sorry, we rushed to judgment, we apologize to University students, staff, faculty and the larger Penn State community."
3. The Board as a whole, nor can certain influential Trustees make this logical statement in pushing back: "We want our commonwealth to fully explore the failures of Second Mile and our Office of Attorney General's Charitable Trust division on their lack of oversight of that children's charitable non-profit."
4. The Board as a whole, nor can certain influential Trustees push back on the media and shoo those crows from the trash can. Rather, they continue to place more tin foil in it.
5. Tom Corbett, Frank Fina and his fellow porn slingers have been pretty quiet. Curiously, grand jury leaks seemed to have abated. Coincidence?

Scenario A:
Individuals at TSM were a conduit for providing at-risk youth for "parties" for certain BoT members and high profile out-of-towners, should their identities be known - would be a nuclear blast across the state & beyond.

Of course no one has ever come up with a shred of evidence to prove this, unless you believe the ravings of kooks like Greg Bucceroni are "evidence"

Only a fool would not come to the conclusion that something very very bad is out there lurking and waiting to be discovered. There is simply no other explanation for the absurd way these assholes reacted.

The question is, why are so many people willing to help shield whatever or whoever this is? They surely are not all pedophiles or thieves.

Of course no one has ever come up with a shred of evidence to prove this, unless you believe the ravings of kooks like Greg Bucceroni are "evidence"
Just how connected to TSM are you? I dont know if that guys a nutcase or not, nor do you. Then again, maybe you do. JS is not the only pedophile in the immediate area, you can bank on that. Rumors have rampant for a long time, smoke/fire sort of thing?

Interesting that you'd select this.

It's simply a scenario and plenty of folks have suggested it in the absence of ANY explanation from the principals at Second Mile.

Of course, Lynne Abraham has never come up with a shred of an investigation to disprove this, and I bet you believe the reasonable conclusions of paid corporate whores like Louis Freeh as "fact".

Pro Tip - change your screen name. It's highly inappropriate appearing in a thread discussing the issue of sexual molestation & abuse.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Only a fool would not come to the conclusion that something very very bad is out there lurking and waiting to be discovered. There is simply no other explanation for the absurd way these assholes reacted.

The question is, why are so many people willing to help shield whatever or whoever this is? They surely are not all pedophiles or thieves.

The question is, why are so many people willing to help shield whatever or whoever this is? They surely are not all pedophiles or thieves

ITS ALL ABOUT HIDDEN MONEY DEALS!! But I suspect STRONGLY that what has happened is ---- something OUTSIDE of the engineered PSU-Sandusky crimes that the public wants to focus on is what is driving the long-term commitment to maintaining "The Story".

Way too much capital - financial and political capital over 5+ YEARS - has been spent to justify anything that even remotely fits into the motives about Paterno and PSU Football we discuss here on this board.

What was needed was a deep pockets source of funding to hush/fix/eliminate "problems" that the Cartel knew of and managed. The ONLY pockets deep enough and available through "controlled" legal contacts was Penn State. WHY ELSE would C/S/S still be awaiting trials if it were not required to "squeeze" more Millions from "Good Old State".

The point I see everyone missing is - to make this "Scandal" work - you need special skills - skills and resources only available through a PA government cartel. That PA cartel INCLUDES a "beholding" and controlled PSU OG BOT.

FACT.....I am quite sure that we don't have direct legal interrogation of even TWO of the original 8 "victims" - I believe their "testimonies" were just read into court records. What we have is a "scandal @ PSU" based on an "opinion paper" by Freeh (still quoted by media daily as FACTS) and now "new revelations" ....reporting of obscure and insane allegations going back to 1971.

The irony is that 5+years later there is NO INFORMATION and NO WAY TO EVEN REFUTE WHAT IS CHARGED - $100M is spent!!! ONE EXAMPLE ---- Paying Sandusky's adopted son....come on man!! How is that even legal???

CONTROL PUBLIC INFORMATION and it is easy to control hidden money payouts.

The OGBOT in conjunction with an illegal use of the SW Grand Jury System have sequester or DESTROYED (including TSM Shredding all records) all detailed information on ANYTHING to do with this case. We don't know anything about claims, times of claims, people making claims (including lawyers involved) - we know NOTHING!!!

What we have is a never-ending "Story" based on absurd allegations that can not be vetted.

Reactions: WeR0206

Here's what we do know:

Correct me if I'm wrong, TSM board members are at risk for being sued while PSU board members are not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT