ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Antonio Shelton overreacting on Twitter?

Agree, but not dismissal worthy. He needs to be told he can't go through life with this chip on his shoulder. He earned through hard work a fabulous opportunity to receive a quality education and play @ a high level that others have not earned. DO NOT blow it young man.
What is the difference between having a chip on your shoulder and having an axe to grind?

Sadly I don't see it diminishing when the flames are fanned daily in the press and by those who profit from it. The players at the street level are that, pawns in the game.

This is exactly right. One could once tune in to cable news networks and get news (i.e., the facts, and only the facts). Now these channels are shouting platforms for politics. They've decided to inflame people into supporting the politics of the network's owner. It is about power and control. Those who want it are using people that are easily manipulated.

This is all very alarming. I'm not seeing how it ends well for this country. We don't have freedom of the press. We have a take over of the press.

Someone please explain how this changes back to the point of balance and civil discourse. I am not seeing it.

Reactions: furfoot
One is broader I think; the other, more specific.
Exactly... I wasn’t confused between the two, but hinting that, IMO, AS (but not limited to he alone) is rolling with both or a combination of the two which is a disturbing trend.
So I used a cliche. Are they forbidden?
not at all. My point was that AS has a chip on his shoulder and what seems as an axe to grind as well.

“He’s playing with a chip on his shoulder”- In football terms I take that to mean playing inspired, like you’re out to prove people wrong.

“Axe to grind”- revenge. Hammer home a point.

I would lean more towards his behavior being on the axe level. My opinion. Not saying you’re incorrect. But a combination of the two, especially when it comes to the R card, is kinda dangerous.

Good take.

Seems to me he got some good responses from his post about the long hair and the dude who wrote the letter. AS may have begun to think of himself as the self appointed team keeper of goodness. As a result, was out looking for his next score. The video looks like a kid riding the Lion like it was a race horse or brahma bull. I am not sure how race becomes part of that discussion at all.

I chalk it up to immaturity.

He is 22. At what age exactly does youth or immaturity not become an excuse?

He is 22. At what age exactly does youth or immaturity not become an excuse?

Not only 22 (which is not an age I actually expect young men and women to be particularly mentally or emotionally mature) but, unlike 98% of college students, he has had the benefit of being surrounded by adult mentors for 4 years getting constant reinforcement on the way to conduct oneself in the world - to include mentoring him through a few other fairly high profile mistakes. Yet, he still persists with non-sense like this.

Jerry said:
I don't favor Shelton's dismissal (yet) though it wouldn't break my heart if he decided the grass was greener in, say, Oregon.

b607792a5bca3a5687ad981bded6caae.jpg

Jerry said:
Something along those lines, delivered in the appropriate tone with some colorful language -- and maybe a piece of broken furniture or two to emphasize the point.

“Colorful” language... sounds potentially offensive.

Exactly... I wasn’t confused between the two, but hinting that, IMO, AS (but not limited to he alone) is rolling with both or a combination of the two which is a disturbing trend.

not at all. My point was that AS has a chip on his shoulder and what seems as an axe to grind as well.

“He’s playing with a chip on his shoulder”- In football terms I take that to mean playing inspired, like you’re out to prove people wrong.

“Axe to grind”- revenge. Hammer home a point.

I would lean more towards his behavior being on the axe level. My opinion. Not saying you’re incorrect. But a combination of the two, especially when it comes to the R card, is kinda dangerous.
Understand your clarification. Thanks.

This kid is probably pissed at the world because his father abandoned him. It is common with the Kaeperdicks of the world. They cant blame biological because he is gone so they blame da man.
What an absurd stereotypical statement. Something is troubling this young man, but your speculation is troubling.

I original might be gone, but this one is still there. AS is responding to someone who thinks the cowboy should be knocked out. I think the emoji says it all.

The emoji does say it all. Antonio Shelton is a bigoted asshole. First purposefully running into a white student on campus and laughing about it and now this. He should be kicked off the team. Can you imagine a white football player intentionally running into a black student and then writing a tweet like that? He’d be gone in a heartbeat.

The emoji does say it all. Antonio Shelton is a bigoted asshole. First purposefully running into a white student on campus and laughing about it and now this. He should be kicked off the team. Can you imagine a white football player intentionally running into a black student and then writing a tweet like that? He’d be gone in a heartbeat.

Holy drama queen, Batman.

Interesting summary of Shelton's tweet.

What an absurd stereotypical statement. Something is troubling this young man, but your speculation is troubling.
This guy is one of the dickwad trolls that keeps resurfacing. He's behaved for quite a while but his true toolbag colors are beginning to show again.

If a person, especially a person of Shelton’s size, purposefully shoulders/runs into another person, who was undoubtedly much smaller, because of that person’s race...that person is a bigot.
Bullying behavior at a minimum. He better make sure they aren’t some kind of judoka .

If a person, especially a person of Shelton’s size, purposefully shoulders/runs into another person, who was undoubtedly much smaller, because of that person’s race...that person is a bigot.

Where did he say he did it because of race? Under what circumstances did it happen? Was the guy paying attention to where he was walking? Did he just expect Shelton to get out of his way? The way you're trying to paint Shelton as such a villain, it's almost like you work for espn.

Where did he say he did it because of race? Under what circumstances did it happen? Was the guy paying attention to where he was walking? Did he just expect Shelton to get out of his way? The way you're trying to paint Shelton as such a villain, it's almost like you work for espn.
The way you’re making excuses for him makes it seem your almost working for?
Seriously, his twitter quote has been posted at least twice before.

Bodes well for his future. When NFL execs are tasked w/ choosing between 4 nearly identical players, they always take the one w/ the lousy attitude. Right?

Reactions: BEEFZ
Yeah, so? The nerve of some uppity black people that don't just get out of the way when some white person walks towards them. I'm sure you miss the good ole days when black people knew their place.
Or maybe mutuel politeness is a good thing? And maybe you shouldn’t go out of your way to walk into people ?

Reactions: NittanyTerp
Not getting out of someone's way is not the same thing as walking into someone.
Bragging about it shows the intent. Racist exist in every race and it was a stupid immature move and he doubled down on it by bragging about it online. Like it or not he is at a high profile University playing football so his standards should be higher. Actions like this will sadly void out possible later times in life when he faces true racial adversities. He is only discrediting himself here.

He clearly hasn’t matured, no need to defend that stupid action.

Yeah, so? The nerve of some uppity black people that don't just get out of the way when some white person walks towards them. I'm sure you miss the good ole days when black people knew their place.

So from that tweet it seems they make a point of not moving out of the way for those nasty white people. Apparently they'll move for blacks and Asians so I guess there's that. As for me, if there is a narrow walkway I do my best to make room for anyone moving in the other direction regardless of what they look like. I don't use a racial test to decide who I'll be courteous to.

Bragging about it shows the intent. Racist exist in every race and it was a stupid immature move and he doubled down on it by bragging about it online. Like it or not he is at a high profile University playing football so his standards should be higher. Actions like this will sadly void out possible later times in life when he faces true racial adversities. He is only discrediting himself here.

He clearly hasn’t matured, no need to defend that stupid action.
I’ve seen clueless moms, little old ladies and men, kids etc not watch where they’re going. I mske sure I don’t walk into them , it’s not very hard.

Reactions: NittanyTerp
So from that tweet it seems they make a point of not moving out of the way for those nasty white people. Apparently they'll move for blacks and Asians so I guess there's that. As for me, if there is a narrow walkway I do my best to make room for anyone moving in the other direction regardless of what they look like. I don't apply a racial test for who I'll be courteous to.
Exactly.

So from that tweet it seems they make a point of not moving out of the way for those nasty white people. Apparently they'll move for blacks and Asians so I guess there's that. As for me, if there is a narrow walkway I do my best to make room for anyone moving in the other direction regardless of what they look like. I don't use a racial test to decide who I'll be courteous to.

Or it could be interpreted that the original person who tweeted is finished being subservient to entitled white people who always just assume the black person will get out of their way. That person didn't say they purposely ran into people but, they didn't just move when a white person tried to walk where they were standing.

Bumping into someone can be a mistake.

Lowering a shoulder and intentionally running into someone is an aggressive act. Add in a racial test and it is quite telling. Mr. Shelton has some serious issues and his CYA tweets and former apologies don't ring true.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
"Lowering a shoulder" into someone is not the same as "not getting out of someones way".

Really, what exactly does lowering the shoulder mean. Are you saying you never had some rude person try to basically walk through where you were walking or standing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT