ADVERTISEMENT

Fc ncaa opens up more transfer rules

The NCAA has continued to open its restrictions on transfers, the organization announced on Friday.

The Division I Council voted to allow all incoming student-athletes to transfer and play immediately if their head coach leaves before the upcoming fall term, as long as those athletes are enrolled in summer school.

Nice. Is 'leaves' specific to either being fired or finding a new job? Or doesn't matter?

Nice. Is 'leaves' specific to either being fired or finding a new job? Or doesn't matter?
The actual Legal definition is “ If you retain an attorney “ leaves “ is whatever you claim it is as we are a collection of overpaid gutless swine who care only about our nonessential positions “.

Last edited:
Brilliant. I predict a further separation of the have from the have-not schools, and an escalation of head coach compensation in order to prevent untimely coaching departures. The NCAA is on a continuing path to destroy D1 college football.

Brilliant. I predict a further separation of the have from the have-not schools, and an escalation of head coach compensation in order to prevent untimely coaching departures. The NCAA is on a continuing path to destroy D1 college football.
Which is really strange because the NCAA basically IS D1 college football.

I was at an event last week for ncaa teams and the food (buffet style, nothing spectacular) was free for everyone, except the schools had to pay $20 each for each athlete, to be compliant. Pretty sure athletes were forced to go just to make universities pay for everyone to eat free.

Just a matter of time before the NCAA attempts to penalize a school for providing improper benefits or enforce academic eligibility standards and is told to pound sand.
Is Central Michigan, UNC Charlotte, SW Missouri State, or some other directional school getting ready to sue?

Not knowing the NCAA rule book inside out i have to guess a few things.
Was this intended to keep not only head coaches but also coordinators & position coaches honest in the recruiting process? But then the summer enrollment part confuses me.

The best thing that could happen for college sports would be for the NCAA to simply vanish into the ether - as if it never existed.

Then guys like Emmert could get on with their true lives’ callings...... like being the Happy Endings guy in a gay massage parlor.

What is next ... do away with LOI. Something like ... we are playing football Saturday show up if you want to.

If that is the case perhaps the NFL should just create a league for 17 to 25 year olds.
Do away with collegiate sports altogether.

I’ll admit the NCAA has gone insane.

Last edited:
The bogus free transfers from Penn State in 2012 were the pilot program. Now free transfers have been rolled out to all colleges, minus the shaming.

Reactions: sluggo72
Just a matter of time before the NCAA attempts to penalize a school for providing improper benefits or enforce academic eligibility standards and is told to pound sand.
Yep, just a matter of time. And just to clarify, I meant the NCAA is basically comprised of, and run, by D1 schools.

Not knowing the NCAA rule book inside out i have to guess a few things.
Was this intended to keep not only head coaches but also coordinators & position coaches honest in the recruiting process? But then the summer enrollment part confuses me.

summer did not make much sense to me either, except that a player that is enrolled at that point could really be screwed by a coach leaving in say August. the only thing is that for a number of reasons, all the coach changes seem to happen from late November to early January, so not really seeing how this rule will ever apply from a practical standpoint.

Reactions: PSUinCAfan
If this rule was in place in the summer of 2006 when Randy Walker died, would Pat Fitzgerald still be the NW coach?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT