ADVERTISEMENT

FC: BigTen Players send message to NCAA....

• Thread starter anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
  • Start date
Does anyone know how much money is being made off the backs of these young men? High eight to nine figures. That's xx,xxx,xxx or xxx,xxx,xxx. Where does all that money go? :rolleyes:

Middle eight, $54mm per PSU's most recent accounting.

Where does it go?

images

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I agree...directionally, very reasonable. But there may be devils in the details. For example, WHO and CDC guidelines are different. You cannot comply with "both". Other requests are pretty general. But I certainly respect their points of view and support them.
While I would have really enjoyed this season, I'm afraid it's not going to happen.

Reactions: Obliviax
The problems continue to mount.

It seems the day of reckoning for college football is coming soon.

As fans we may have to choose between 1.whether we can take a model with pay for play, player unions, and an abandonment of any pretense to academic priority, or 2. a more Ivy League model with a clear student/athlete focus, with players sacrificing pay and professional standards for a tuition and academic based compensation?

Maybe it is time to choose what you are willing to support.

Number 2 ! Number 2 ! Number 2 !

PLEASE!!!!!

Otherwise, we may have nothing.

FC: OSU athletes respond...

I take back everything I ever said about the intelligence of an Ohio State football player. They may be the only college football players on the planet with half a brain.

Any college football player that doesn't see the gravy train ending with all these shotgun, stupid, unobtainable demands being put to the heads of their Universities might as well be a lemming being herded over a one million foot cliff.

I take back everything I ever said about the intelligence of an Ohio State football player. They may be the only college football players on the planet with half a brain.

Any college football player that doesn't see the gravy train ending with all these shotgun, stupid, unobtainable demands being put to the heads of their Universities might as well be a lemming being herded over a one million foot cliff.

Whatever the case, that school has their athletes completely under their spell. It's pretty impressive.

Reactions: NittanyIllinois
Whatever the case, that school has their athletes completely under their spell. It's pretty impressive.

Their "spell" is called a reality check. They can see the writing on the wall. "Their athletes" don't want to be minor league football players playing in obscurity for pocket change and paying income tax.

Bump. I haven't heard about this much lately. Has anyone seen anything in the media or otherwise?

@PearlSUJam jam is probably busy reading our student athletes
social media and he'll report back as soon as he's found something.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT