ADVERTISEMENT

FC: "Biggest Fails in Pennsylvania"

I generally don't read the Harrisburg rag but a friend sent me this link and I found it of interest. Maybe you will, too. And I'll bet you can add more "fails".

http://www.pennlive.com/life/2016/03/biggest_fails_in_pennsylvania.html#0
That's a good read - not to make light of the tragedies. I love number 15. It reminds me of the Mad Magazine issue where Professor Feetlebaum gave Abe Lincoln a a grade of C- on the Gettysburg Address. I can't find my copy any more. I'm bummed.

Some of the good stuff from that one. With an assist from the net.

"change "fourscore and seven" to eighty-seven ("Be specific")/there are six "dedicates" ("Study your Roget+")/ omit "of the people, by the people, and for the people" - "superfluous."

Last edited:
Surprised broadcasting R Budd Dwyer's suicide, by multiple channels, wasn't on the list.

After a time he just might.

I don't know that any more time is really needed. He was voted out on a day when even Maryland, Massachusetts, and Illinois elected Republican governors. He basically sat on the Sandusky case until he got elected. Then, it was conveniently leaked after he had a budget spat with Graham Spanier. (Although, good luck getting the Patriot News to ever acknowledge that sequence of events.) He was like a really, really low IQ version of Richard Nixon. In fairness, he probably deserves his own list.

I don't know that any more time is really needed. He was voted out on a day when even Maryland, Massachusetts, and Illinois elected Republican governors.
I'm thinking of for more than just that. You are right though. For just what you cited there concerning the election he is a serious contender and could have made it.

I see you've added more.

Last edited:
Am I the only one womdering how Pennsylvania is to blame for the Articles of Confederation?

That's a good read - not to make light of the tragedies. I love number 15. It reminds me of the Mad Magazine issue where Professor Feetlebaum gave Abe Lincoln a a grade of C- on the Gettysburg Address. I can't find my copy any more. I'm bummed.

Some of the good stuff from that one. With an assist from the net.

"change "fourscore and seven" to eighty-seven ("Be specific")/there are six "dedicates" ("Study your Roget+")/ omit "of the people, by the people, and for the people" - "superfluous."

150 years have passed and the Patriot-News still employs idiots. Some things never change.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Actually, contemporary reviews of the Gettysburg Address were mixed at best, both here and abroad. Regarding the Patriot, people often forget that Lincoln's administration had several of the Patriot's staff arrested for sedition a year or so earlier. For all of Lincoln's accomplishments, his record regarding the freedom of the press was laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT