ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo thread with actual wrestling content

Greatest female skier of all time (though about to be surpassed by a countrywoman) grew up skiing on Buck Hill in Mn - with a vertical of 300 feet
She's got nothing on this guy:

ski%20clemson.JPG

She's got nothing on this guy: …
This guy’s got nothing on PD3, who won 10 NCAA Div 1 national championships even though he came from humble beginnings and practiced wrestling only on a single yoga mat throughout high school.

Greatest female skier of all time (though about to be surpassed by a countrywoman) grew up skiing on Buck Hill in Mn - with a vertical of 300 feet
Love me some Lindsey. 😍 (though Mikeala ain't shabby either) Whenever I drove past, I was always happy to see that Buck Hill is so much smaller than lowly Tussey Mountain here in SC--then that absolute freak hit the scene, and I started wondering what my excuse was....

Then get out of that position - lol
You don't get a magic point for staying in neutral. You don't get a magic point for defending on bottom. Getting a point for staying on top is asinine, especially when you can gain said position without scoring or earning it in any way.

How about the folks who want to argue free vs folk start a thread about it instead of hijacking the Fargo thread? We don't need a third Fargo thread because of derailment :).
Free vs Folk. Never gets not old! It don’t never be not refreshing! :)

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Its freestyle, look at the freestyle kids who did good in past tournaments then look what they did in ncaa’s . I believe Pa kids are better in folk across the board. Why do u think flo wants everything to go freestyle like who’s #1. They bought, literally, into freestyle. I for one would loss another sport to watch if all wrestling went to freestyle. Dare i say its a style that rewards wrestlers who couldn’t hold the shoes of a good wrestlers in folkstyle. Whats fun about watching wrestlers tie up legs do 4 alligator rolls and get hands raised, kinda stupid.
You're right. I've tried watching FS during the off-season for years now; and I still don't get the excitement from it. I only watch it because of the big names. Even the matches with big name wrestlers in them are not as exciting as to when they were in college where I would scream from the top of my lungs out of excitement or whatever. With FS, I can lose focus so easily.

Last edited:
You don't get a magic point for staying in neutral. You don't get a magic point for defending on bottom. Getting a point for staying on top is asinine, especially when you can gain said position without scoring or earning it in any way.

You don't get a point for just staying on top. You get a point for staying on top for at least 60 more seconds than you opponent was able to stay on top.

You don't get a point for just staying on top. You get a point for staying on top for at least 60 more seconds than you opponent was able to stay on top.
Which is to say who's the better top staller.

If riding time can be awarded conditionally with NF points, and capped at some increment (say, 30 sec), fine.

If that's too complicated, then it's not worth having.

The Tony Nelson Point needs to go away.

And it can take the 30-sec stall-out periods with it.

Narcisist brag time:

One of my club athletes won Junior 117 Women's FS today. She trained with us all fall/winter, but after healing up, needed to be in the Twin Cities/River Falls, WI area to get what she needed to compete at her best for Fargo. She even gave little ol' never-won-nothing Me a shout out in her Flo interview.

Been a week, gents. It's been a week...

Which is to say who's the better top staller.

If riding time can be awarded conditionally with NF points, and capped at some increment (say, 30 sec), fine.

If that's too complicated, then it's not worth having.

The Tony Nelson Point needs to go away.

And it can take the 30-sec stall-out periods with it.
lol according to Iowa its Zain all those pins get lots of top stalls!!

Reactions: nitlion6
Narcisist brag time:

One of my club athletes won Junior 117 Women's FS today. She trained with us all fall/winter, but after healing up, needed to be in the Twin Cities/River Falls, WI area to get what she needed to compete at her best for Fargo. She even gave little ol' never-won-nothing Me a shout out in her Flo interview.

Been a week, gents. It's been a week...
That's awesome. Kanye would be proud of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT