ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles fans - Draft Watch thread

I dont disagree with that. I do know we need a QB, and getting one in the second round is hit or miss. (not that it isnt in the first round) . We cant wait until next year or the year after that.
So, which QB merits a 1st round pick this year? If you want Corral, you probably have to be #1 or #2. Outside of that, Pickett? Howell? Ridder? Not sure any are worthy of 1st round picks.

Need to continue rebuilding the OL. Good QBs behind poor OL equals poor QBs.
the OL should be about rebuilt by now. I Dillard and JM are playing well enough you dont have to worry about tackles. leave 67 at LG if Kelce plays, if not put 73 at LG and 67 at center. leave the kid from Auburn at RG. You are done. Release BB and LJ and free up more space.

So, which QB merits a 1st round pick this year? If you want Corral, you probably have to be #1 or #2. Outside of that, Pickett? Howell? Ridder? Not sure any are worthy of 1st round picks.
I have no idea, things in the arena seem to change quickly, remember when everybody wanted Spencer Rattler? (sp?)

I have no idea, things in the arena seem to change quickly, remember when everybody wanted Spencer Rattler? (sp?)
I don't recall Rattler being projected that high. Anyone that isn't already well established is not worth a 1st round pick. Not interested in the Akili Smith type that suddenly wows everyone at combines. More interested in the Justin Herbert type, who was projected as a 1st rounder a year before he came out. I don't see that guy this year.

I don't recall Rattler being projected that high. Anyone that isn't already well established is not worth a 1st round pick. Not interested in the Akili Smith type that suddenly wows everyone at combines. More interested in the Justin Herbert type, who was projected as a 1st rounder a year before he came out. I don't see that guy this year.
written in September.. ..
Spencer Rattler of the No. 2-ranked Sooners leads the Heisman favorites at +550.

In 11 games as a redshirt freshman last season, Rattler threw for 3,031 yards, 28 touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 67.5 completion percentage while quarterbacking Oklahoma to a 9-2 record and a sixth straight Big 12 title. Rattler, whos also a top contender to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, will be looking to lead the Sooners back to the College Football Playoff after missing out in 2020.

but that was then, who knows what NFL hype machine makes the next cant miss, that does... Mac Jones' are hard to come by.

written in September.. ..
Spencer Rattler of the No. 2-ranked Sooners leads the Heisman favorites at +550.

In 11 games as a redshirt freshman last season, Rattler threw for 3,031 yards, 28 touchdowns, seven interceptions and a 67.5 completion percentage while quarterbacking Oklahoma to a 9-2 record and a sixth straight Big 12 title. Rattler, whos also a top contender to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, will be looking to lead the Sooners back to the College Football Playoff after missing out in 2020.

but that was then, who knows what NFL hype machine makes the next cant miss, that does... Mac Jones' are hard to come by.

Ok, fair enough. Check back with me at the end of the season then and let me know who you think is the franchise QB coming out of this class, other then maybe Corral.

I'm just thinking that, if he does get legitimately hurt later in the year, they'll feel pretty dumb if he tops 70% by 10 or 20 snaps.
You can't control things to that level. Even an extra turnover or two by your defense can swing a dozen or so snaps. It's too random to try and engineer.

Reactions: sluggo72
Ok, fair enough. Check back with me at the end of the season then and let me know who you think is the franchise QB coming out of this class, other then maybe Corral.
hell it might be Spencer Rattler, IDK. LOL I am like you, I dont want any Akli Smith 1 yr wonders!!

I'm not an Eagles fan, so I'm liable to be crucified here for saying this but:

Wentz was part of the success that got the team in position for a playoff run that led to a Super Bowl win. He might not have won y'all 2+, but many fan bases would be thrilled with just one.
I think everyone agrees with what you say. He was having an MVP year in 2017 when he was injured.

Pretty much nailed how I feel. And it’s strikingly obvious to anyone who follows the team closely. Those Howie 1st-3rd round picks since 2016 have fared even worse than I thought!
Homies entire draft has been horrible. Still living on the Cox and Kelsey picks. Ten years of crap.

That int with 1:30 left in regulation was just CLASSIC Wentz. He had no business doing what he did and gave up an easy pick six.
Frank Reich said he made a turrible call on that play. He never should have called it too much could go wrong. Duh

Really a good day for the Eagles extra draft capital. Colts and Fins lose.
Colts have Jets and Jags next which should keep them interested in continuing to play Wentz. I think end, I think 7-10 is about the best case scenario for Eagles draft. Probably not a top 10 pick, but should be top 15. Dolphins have 2 vs the Jets and 1 vs Houston. Also the Giants, who they may be a small fav over. They could still yield a top 5.

Reactions: WestSideLion
Well, to catch up on this, if Wentz plays his typical amount of snaps today (I.e. almost all), Eagles lock up the 1st rounder. Wentz could sit for the rest of the season after this week and he’d still have over the snap limit.
On the downside, both the Colts and Dolphins are playing well and the Eagles picks are getting worse

• Angry
Reactions: 19333lion
Well, to catch up on this, if Wentz plays his typical amount of snaps today (I.e. almost all), Eagles lock up the 1st rounder. Wentz could sit for the rest of the season after this week and he’d still have over the snap limit.
On the downside, both the Colts and Dolphins are playing well and the Eagles picks are getting worse
It looks like the Colts resting Wentz once up 24-0 prevented this from clinching today. Oh well. They play New England in two weeks and will 100% play Wentz with a playoff birth on the line.

1st round pick is clinched, but the Colts win again. At this point, we have the 10,11, and 21 slots in the draft.

Need a late season slide by the Dolphins, Colts and Eagles

Excellent results this weekend. Colts and Fins lose, so those Eagles picks get better after being on slides due to both teams being on win streaks

Eagles somehow can clinch a playoff spot a week early - need a Packers win (almost a formality with Vikings missing Cousins), and either a Saints loss (also missing their QB) or a Niners win against the lowly Texans

Reactions: 19333lion
Eagles going to the playoffs! Calling it early as GB is killing MN.

Man, it looks grim at Lambeau. Mike Zimmer may get frostbite on his face - it’s practically purple

Eagles going to the playoffs! Calling it early as GB is killing MN.

Man, it looks grim at Lambeau. Mike Zimmer may get frostbite on his face - it’s practically purple
Note that we’ve clinched a playoff spot, who do we want to play in the first round?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT