ADVERTISEMENT

DT v Burroughs -- January 13

That's a bummer for Taylor. I'm assuming this knocks him out of the Henri Deglane Grand Prix next week (men's freestyle is set for Sat. 1/16). I heard Koll say during the Spartan Combat 1 Card broadcast on Flo this afternoon that Dake, Yianni, Vitali, etc were traveling to France tomorrow (1 week early) to prep for Henri Deglane. Surely DT won't have time to beat JB, travel to France, and be ready to compete over there shortly thereafter? Was hoping to get a chance to see him compete twice in a week, and to stick it to Zahid Valencia.

Burroughs just interviewed on the Joe Rogan podcast. I watched it on YouTube and should be on Spotify in a couple days for anyone interested. Good interview. It’s a few hours long

Who you got tonight?

I think DT solidifies his status as the best US freestyle wrestler.

takes JB out and makes it look easy.

Someone let us non-flo folks know the score please! I won’t ask for pbp as I know you want to actually watch rather than type during the match 😉

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Twas picking DT by “landslide”, but after seeing JB against ZV, its gonna be a war.
I agree.

I'm actually looking forward to this.

It might be my blue and white goggles but I see a DT win. i would like to believe for the fun of the moment that the winner is in doubt until the end.

I realize I'm crossing over between Mr. T's characters, but:

"I pity the fool" who bets against DT.

Hard to believe that dude is 68 years old!
You guys see that the latest creed film coming out has Mr T in it in his clubber lang character?????

I'm sure many of us b!tched about the 80s when they were happening but in pop culture the 80s were pretty damn cool.

Is there any way to get Flo for a month? Only thing I see is yearly, which was fine before, but I do not want them for a year.

Ali Frazier!
This is actually a good comparison, minus Ali’s personality/bravado.

Ali was dynamic and unique, crazy quick for a heavy, deceptively string but didn’t look like it. Kinda like DT.

Frazier was much more traditional, straight ahead, what you see is what you get. I don’t know Burroughs style that well, but this seems apt.

Burroughs is 32, Taylor 30.

I suspect this Olympics could be David's last go around also.
Good point. It shows that David is peaking internationally much later in his life than Burroughs was able to. I still feel that David is up and coming.

Zahid took it to JB early but gassed. Taylor wont have same problem, I don’t think. Taylor has too much size and wins bigly.

I think it is going to be anti-climatic..... Hope I'm wrong and some good wrestling is displayed. DT is in no win situation - wrestling someone two weight classes down (I know he doesn't weigh that now...)

Not a bad opening match for 2 school kids.

Both 14, one in HS and one in MS.

Terrible comparison. they where both heavy weights. JB is smaller then DT, meaning JB is moving up in weight. Holyfield was a cruiserweight that moved to a higher weight class to find the best fight.
Now if DT wins i guess we do need a 3rd fight, match. so it would match Ali , Frazier, but not really cause Ali sucked and got rewarded close decision wins based on his personality/bravado. BTW Ken Norton beat Ali's ass.
A

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT