ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Durkin with the understatement of the year.

mn78psu83

Nov 10, 2011
“A season of adversity got to us, and it wasn’t our best effort put forth,” Durkin said.

Pulled out a group of stats from yesterday - even included TOP. Maryland was a combined 1-18 on 3rd and 4th downs. PSU was perfect in the red zone. Nice.

Fumbles-Lost
PSU MD
0-0 4-2
Penalties-Yards
2-10 8-91
Possession Time
38:05 21:50
Third-Down Conversions
11-17 1-15
Fourth-Down Conversions
1-1 0-3
Red-Zone Scores-Chances
9-9 0-0

Last edited:
“A season of adversity got to us, and it wasn’t our best effort put forth,” Durkin said.

Pulled out a group of stats from yesterday - even included TOP. Maryland was a combined 1-18 on 3rd and 4th downs. PSU was perfect in the red zone. Nice.

Fumbles-Lost
PSU MD
0-0 4-2
Penalties-Yards
2-10 8-91
Possession Time
Third-Down Conversions
11-17 1-15
Fourth-Down Conversions
1-1 0-3
Red-Zone Scores-Chances
9-9 0-0

Some of their fumbles were of the "weak" variety. Really destroyed any chance of them scoring TDs. Almost as if some players were afraid of being tackled.

LdN

Reactions: mn78psu83
Maryland had the ball at least 21 minutes: Rutgers only 12 minutes??? How is that even possible in the modern-football era?????

Bad football. I would actually call it an insult to the game to call what rutgres and maryland do "football". ;)

Did anyone notice that Matt Millen went out of his way to compliment maryland yesterday in the midst of their dreadful performance? Maybe he is sensitive to coming off as a homer. Still, he went on and on about durkin and maryland heading in the right direction and related blah, blah.

I always thought MD was a respectable school until the hand shake incident. Looking back on it, we know Edsall was the stooge behind it and he got what he deserved.

I think the campus is nice, the fans aren't Pitt, UM or OSU and they could be a nice rivalry for us in years to come (better than Rutgers).
I still think in time, MD might contend in the B1G in the coming years.

A very enjoyable game to watch. Even soaked up some sun there.

Fumbles-Lost
PSU MD
0-0 4-2
Penalties-Yards
2-10 8-91
Possession Time
Third-Down Conversions
11-17 1-15
Fourth-Down Conversions
1-1 0-3
Red-Zone Scores-Chances
9-9 0-0

I was disappointed when Franklin didn't freeze their field goal attempt.

Reactions: mn78psu83 and PSU65
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT