ADVERTISEMENT

Did i miss breaking news???

As they should be. If the NCAA was all about academics and student athletes, they'd be praising and supporting any athlete good enough to get a degree on time or earlier. They are a morally bankrupt organization in my view, and it's all about money and power.
Yep.

Might be...just pointing out the Big Ten has it's own set of rules, and no one has access to them (B1G Rulebook, etc.). We even have differing opinions on here, looking at several threads of related topics. I took the ESPN article literally, which says a student-athlete needs a release to be considered...didn't say anything about a student's status. All I'd like is to see it in black and white.

I know all about the NCAA grad student transfer fiasco, and their desire to block transfers with new language...though it appears right now they are on the losing side of that one.
Now Roar you know darn well the Big10 has a rulebook. Whenever Delay wants to know something he sets up a 3-way conference call with Columbus and Michigan to ask what is the rule.
There are always 2 copies of the rulebook. The Woody scarlet and gray edition and the Bo blue and maize edition.

Now Roar you know darn well the Big10 has a rulebook. Whenever Delay wants to know something he sets up a 3-way conference call with Columbus and Michigan to ask what is the rule.
There are always 2 copies of the rulebook. The Woody scarlet and gray edition and the Bo blue and maize edition.
Ha!! Thought that Woody and Bo rulebook was just for football-related stuff, guess it's more far-reaching than that!! Silly me :).

uGaai0k.gif

Any coach that is consistently top 3 and annually top 5 is a great coach. Can that even be argued otherwise? Doesn't mean you think he's the best or even 5th best, but can it actually be argued that you aren't a great coach if you can achieve those results?

To quote Bob Dylan: "Good and bad, I define these terms quite clear, no doubt, somehow. Ah, but I was so much older then I'm younger than that now."

Again, you can pick whatever word you like, the question I am raising is Brands results vs. perceived level of quality. How does Zalesky's performance at Oregon State, for example, compare to Brands at VT? Not unfavorably. Zalesky won as many titles at Iowa than Brands has and did it in less years. Is Zalesky a "great" coach? Zalesky was fired after a year he came in fourth at nationals, btw. I think Brands is pretty close to the same level as Zalesky. If Zalesky is great in your opinion, then I can accept Brands as great.

Agree completely with Nit6 & FT replies.
"Cael ran away from Iowa" is nonsense.

BTW: Weren't his 2nd, 5th, 3rd place finishes as a rookie HC pretty much equivalent to TnT's recent placings? Yet they're unquestionably the best & Cael sucked and couldn't compete? I can't connect those dots, how do you do it?

It wasn't just PA recruiting that lured CS, it was also the commitment by PSU to help build up the best RTC they could. Cael's vision of a straight pipeline from high school-thru-olympic training was made possible. Were just getting started in seeing the whole picture/process come to fruition [and if ISU would've made that commitment, then Cael stays there & the 'scums' from PSU remain anonymous to the Hawk fans;)].

Key point........we are just getting started. A couple more years of cupping our hands, beating Nico in the room and having our starters transfer to Rutgers, look out.:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT