ADVERTISEMENT

Did i miss breaking news???

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
But when did imar transfer to iowa??

Just read through several posts/threads w Imar in their lineup.

WT....better get some red pills for your boys.

Reactions: diggerpup
...transferring within the Big10 would cost him his last year of eligibility...!!!
....a no-brainer...

...transferring within the Big10 would cost him his last year of eligibility...!!!
....a no-brainer...
Somehow Jake Rudock left Iowa as a senior and joined Michigan. Things get interesting with Grad transfers. With it being the offseason and IMAR being close with Perry are you really surprised at the wishful/hypothetical thoughts from the fans? Not saying i think it will happen just that its kind of normal

Reactions: lionlover
Somehow Jake Rudock left Iowa as a senior and joined Michigan. Things get interesting with Grad transfers. With it being the offseason and IMAR being close with Perry are you really surprised at the wishful/hypothetical thoughts from the fans? Not saying i think it will happen just that its kind of normal

Honest question for you. Why would it be considered wishful if he would undoubtedly be taking the spot of your biggest recruit in recent memory? Not to mention this will be a "rebuilding" year for Iowa. It literally makes zero sense for him to transfer to Iowa and for Iowa fans to wish for it. Now if he goes to train at the HWC after he wrestles his final year then I could see the joy in that for Iowa fans.

Completely different scenarios. If Martinez graduates this year then he is would be eligible to compete immediately. At least that's how it works in other sports and how it worked in the Rudock case.
Completely different scenarios. If Martinez graduates this year then he is would be eligible to compete immediately. At least that's how it works in other sports and how it worked in the Rudock case.

He was not automatically eligible. He needed permission from the Big Ten transfer to Michigan with out penalty.

You can bet your ass if it was a kid at Michigan trying to transfer to Iowa, Delany would not have approved

Get PD3 at 184, IMar at 165, pull Spencer's and Warner's shirts. That's a championship team.
If for some sad reason PD3 isn't eligible, bump the Bull to 174 and wrestle Young at 184. That will win it all, also.
All in baby!!

The Micic thing. That is a good example of how the Big10 enforces their conference rules. No matter what rules are being discussed there is always the Bo/Woody clause that reads all Big10 rules apply evenly across the board to all Big10 brethren schools unless Michigan or Ohio State need an exception to any fore mentioned rules.

Last edited:
Get PD3 at 184, IMar at 165, pull Spencer's and Warner's shirts. That's a championship team.
If for some sad reason PD3 isn't eligible, bump the Bull to 174 and wrestle Young at 184. That will win it all, also.
All in baby!!

The Micic thing. That is never a good example of how the Big10 enforces their conference rules. No matter what rules are being discussed there is always the Bo/Woody clause that reads all Big10 rules apply evenly across the board to all Big10 brethren schools unless Michigan or Ohio State need an exception to any fore mentioned rules.
Who cares they will still be fighting for 3rd or 4th place....No biggie....Iowa State is going to be the best team in that state in a couple years....Bet on it....Many want Brands out and i have heard that at the last 3 National Tournaments from Iowa fans standing in line....

I'm not going to lie. Cenzo beating Imar in a black and gold singlet wouldn't suck.
Cenzo will never lose to Imar again...I don't care what color singlet he has on....He has never lost after he beat a guy,,,,He is only going to get a lot better in our room....Even if he would not have pinned him he was going to win the match....

Wishful thinking? More like all out delusion if they are even thinking that IMar is going to be at Iowa.

Funny you guys just can't get enough of making fun of the Brands brothers. Nice to sit behind a computer..

But when did imar transfer to iowa??

Just read through several posts/threads w Imar in their lineup.

WT....better get some red pills for your boys.

Not just IMAR that could be transfering to Iowa. Per HR, could also be:
  • Isiah White
  • Pat Lugo
  • PD3
  • Dylan Duncan

Reactions: lionlover
Funny you guys just can't get enough of making fun of the Brands brothers. Nice to sit behind a computer..
I know others have responded, just want to give a more personal perspective. Never, ever, not once, have I heard a bad thing said about TnT from Iowa fans, as spyker claims. Been to many B1G's and NCAA's, and have had more personal conversations with Hawkeye fans than most on here. Have heard some frustration and discontent, nothing like you're referencing.

Just wondering. How do you feel when HR puts on their collective dunce hat and starts one of their "I hate Cael" threads? All full of indignation then, are you? I mean, all nice sitting behind a computer and all.
So what...let 'em talk. All they want in fact, as it simply doesn't matter...and your post just lowered yourself towards that level. We want respect, let's be better than that.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
I know others have responded, just want to give a more personal perspective. Never, ever, not once, have I heard a bad thing said about TnT from Iowa fans, as spyker claims. Been to many B1G's and NCAA's, and have had more personal conversations with Hawkeye fans than most on here. Have heard some frustration and discontent, nothing like you're referencing.
As a whole, Hawkeye fans love the Brands brothers, and they should. They are great for the sport. I have never seen any hate except for the occasional wingnut, which every program has. Frustration usually centers on recruiting methods (has been addressed), strength of the HWC (being addressed), offensive minded coaching, and strength and conditioning coaching. Given the whole of what a coach must do to be successful, and understanding that two of those are being addressed, there isn't much wrong with the Brands.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Just wondering. How do you feel when HR puts on their collective dunce hat and starts one of their "I hate Cael" threads? All full of indignation then, are you? I mean, all nice sitting behind a computer and all.
You're making that up. I have yet to see an I hate Cael thread.

Perhaps a couple I hate Bael or I hate Carl threads, but not an I hate Cael thread.

So what...let 'em talk. All they want in fact, as it simply doesn't matter...and your post just lowered yourself towards that level. We want respect, let's be better than that.
Roar,
For someone I have never "knowingly" met I have a tremendous amount of respect for you.
However, we each have different online personalities (probably real life too) and we respond differently. One of us with much more grace than the other, but each with a stronger than average honesty to ourselves. For me to attempt to emulate the grace you universally exhibit here would be me being dishonest with myself.

He's still 4-2 lifetime vs. Jason and Cenzo, right?

Yes, and he has wrestled both as freshmen, i.e. early in their development in the room...
Could a Senior IMAR break in to the line-up of a Junior Nolf (in his 4th year in the PSU room), Joseph (in 3rd year in the PSU room), and Hall.
It seemed to me that Nolf was a much better wrestler last year than the previous... if Joseph makes the same strides, who knows.
Fun thought experiment anyway, in this brutally long off-season.

Admittedly I'm being a bit of a word Nazi ... of course he "could" make the lineup. He's still a 2x champ + 3x finalist with 2 career losses. Those guys don't exactly grow on trees. Not even the trees outside Rec Hall.

"Would" is another matter. That certainly isn't a given.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I'm starting a new rumor....

IMAR will transfer to Penn State so that he doesn't have to wrestle a Penn Stater in his senior year final...

Zain, Nolf, IMAR, Joseph... Hall redshirts, and Spyker immediately starts calling for Cael to HIT THE WEIGHTS AND PULL THE SHIRT!!!!!!!!

And half of our team considers transferring to Rutgers.

You're making that up. I have yet to see an I hate Cael thread.

Perhaps a couple I hate Bael or I hate Carl threads, but not an I hate Cael thread.

I thought Minnhawkeye was referring to how the Brands are referenced on OUR board, not theirs. That is ironic. The negativity he is referring to isn’t quite singular (though the worst of it is), but that is normal as board conversations go. The difference is that here it is most times just fun being poked (as happens with any rival), while on HR there is a thinly veiled hate for Cael (Carl / Bael) that comes across very strongly (imo), hence the irony.

I agree with Roar that I won’t respond to things like that, and I even understand the frustration that causes it, but at the same time, it took away my interest in reading HR. To me, questioning someone’s methods, ability, recruiting style, whether they “have fun”, etc is pretty tame and is just opinion anyway. Who cares whether someone thinks Cael can coach or is as good teaching as Gable or Brands....especially when Cael is the one winning? It is the constant questioning of Cael’s character and integrity with no actual knowledge that got old for me.

The guy who just got freed from prison after 24 years of false imprisonment (Philly) probably had a jury like the people who judge Cael and staff while knowing only the obvious and what they read in print and on forums’s (though to be fair, there seems to have been fault all over the place in that guys conviction). The inability to critically think through issues in our country and the rush to judgement (along with lack of empathy) is scary.

Ok, I admit it, had a tough morning and week so far…..:eek: :)

Reactions: liex26 and Grass

I'm not making fun of the Brands brothers, I just don't think they are as good as coaches as believed by the majority of people, especially on HR, but even here. Tom had zero success at VT (to be kind; a 1-15 dual season is just beyond the pale for a top-level coach); won three championships at Iowa with the true double-recruiting class; and has won one share of a B1G title in the seven year stretch since that time. Iowa has been runnerup in the NCAA a single time in the last 7 years.

Obviously, the Brands are unfortunate in being at Iowa when Cael is at PSU. But at a certain point when you are having as little success (as expected/demanded) as they are having at a program that is still "the" college wrestling program in the eyes of many (a majority of?) people, I think any sensible person would have to wonder if their perceived quality as coaches is not in line with their actual quality.

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT