ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone else see all the drops by KC receivers today.

dmdpsu

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2003
I'm guessing it has nothing to do with coaching.
I think it is a mental thing.

And then it becomes contagious throughout the team.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Officially noted in LionJim’s game thread at 3:51PM today.

Any thoughts?
There will be games where WR's drop passes, just as there will be basketball games where normally reliable 3 pt shooters can't find their backsides with both hands. But when it extends over an entire season...PSU '18 and '19 WR's for instance, you've got to look at coaching IMO.

KC QB is awesome and on the mark. Almost, all pro QB throw a tight spiral. For drops, it is a probability game but cold was a factor. Well played games, wow!

So....

Drops in one half of one football GAME = drops in 2 YEARS of football ???

I only started watching the game when Houston was up 21-0. However, it seemed to me like Mahomes was a bit "too loose." His passes were OK but not on the mark, and the receivers just didn't seemed synched up. Once Mahomes settled down and Kelce (who had a tremendous game) started catching the ball for him, things just clicked.

I think KC got a bit "rusty" from the one week layoff and Houston came in high off their victory from last week. The "drops" were simply a symptom of that "rustiness" and just lasted for about a quarter.

There will be games where WR's drop passes, just as there will be basketball games where normally reliable 3 pt shooters can't find their backsides with both hands. But when it extends over an entire season...PSU '18 and '19 WR's for instance, you've got to look at coaching IMO.

How exactly is it a coaching problem. I frequently see you and others blame the coaches for receivers dropping passes but never see anyone provide any specifics on how the coaches are allegedly failing. Friermuth almost never drops a pass. Is he being coached differently than the other receivers? As far as having dropped passes in each game in 2018 and 2019 goes, can’t recall the last game I watched at any level where there were no dropped passes by both teams.

How exactly is it a coaching problem. I frequently see you and others blame the coaches for receivers dropping passes but never see anyone provide any specifics on how the coaches are allegedly failing. Friermuth almost never drops a pass. Is he being coached differently than the other receivers? As far as having dropped passes in each game in 2018 and 2019 goes, can’t recall the last game I watched at any level where there were no dropped passes by both teams.
Well...if you have a season-long problem with WR dropsies, what exactly is the WR coach doing to earn his six figure salary??

Well...if you have a season-long problem with WR dropsies, what exactly is the WR coach doing to earn his six figure salary??

Probably coaching them like crazy. As I said before none of you critics of the WR coach have provided any specifics as to what his alleged deficiencies are or what he should be doing differently. Ever occur to you that maybe the dropsies are on the players rather than the coach? On second thought, I’m sure you didn’t; far easier to blame a scapegoat.

Probably coaching them like crazy. As I said before none of you critics of the WR coach have provided any specifics as to what his alleged deficiencies are or what he should be doing differently. Ever occur to you that maybe the dropsies are on the players rather than the coach? On second thought, I’m sure you didn’t; far easier to blame a scapegoat.
In my next career, I want you as my boss ;)

In my next career, I want you as my boss ;)

No thanks. My simple point is that I think that it’s easy to blame the players dropping passes on a coach. Sometimes you can do all the right things as a coach—catching techniques, trying to build up their confidence, you name it and it still doesn’t help. Some guys drop passes and others almost never do. I also have yet to see anyone respond to my initial question as to what exactly the WR coach supposedly isn’t doing to make him responsible for some players having a case of the dropsies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT