ADVERTISEMENT

David Taylor to Oklahoma State & related news

That’s wild. It sounded like he was done after these Olympics. Doesn’t he have a great job waiting for him? Not saying it’s not happening just that I had thought he was about the least likely because his future seemed pretty set
I’ll believe Zain leaving Wall Street when I see it. He spoke very highly of his employer and boss recently. I know money can talk but long term Wall Street money would overwhelm whatever he could get at OK ST.

I’m not sure why you felt the need to take a personal shot at me because we disagree about certain wrestlers being considered title contenders or not, but oh well.

It’s just an offseason opinion. I never said we should not bother wrestling those weights.

Instead of getting petty and personal, I’ll respond strictly about the wrestlers you mentioned (Plott, Hamiti, Spratley). Yes Plott made the finals, so feel free to consider him a contender. Me personally, I don’t instantly consider the #2 guy a title threat. I feel like Keich is levels about Plott and anyone else at 184 unless Starocci would go 184.

Same goes for 174 with O’Toole.

125 is a crapshoot, but I don’t think Spratley is a top 5 guy.

If you are convinced those 3 are title contenders, I’ll gladly make a bet with you that none of them make the finals.
Ok fair enough. I’ll own that. The point I’m trying to make is that saying they have no title contenders seems pretty ludicrous. So I guess we need to define the word “contender”. Webster’s defines as

- a person or group competing with others to achieve something.
"the major contenders for the championship"

I’m guessing title contender would be similar to their example used. That means that the obvious most likely champion is not considered the only title contender. There isn’t anyone beating Kerk, Star or Mitchell next year. But there are definitely obvious title contenders. My point was that you completely dismissed several OSU guys who could obviously be a contender. Plott was in the finals last year. Yes he’s got Keck but just as no one out PSU fans thought Star could beat Kemmerer after big tens his freshman year, he did.

Hamiti lost to Carr in the semis and a month prior lost to MM 13-11. And one could argue that if he had a better gas tank he could have held on to beat MM. I’m NOT saying he can or will ever beat MM. I’m saying he’s certainly a “contender”!

Troy Spratley was a SV loss to Ayala from being in the finals last year and one month prior he majored Richie Figs. But you are saying he’s “not a contender”? I’ll gladly bow out of this conversation over semantics and myself taking an uncalled for and childish personal shot at you. I apologize. I DO however think that they have several “contenders” next year. Whether any of them make the finals or not is why I don’t miss Nationals. Anything can happen. Have a blessed week fellow wrestling fan!

Brand new facility coming to OK state 18 million dollars in the works

Dude from Paycom put up 10million dollar endowment for RTC
LOL you may want to tell Justin to check his sources again buddy. You guys keep putting out bad info.

$18 million? Paycom is putting up $30 million+ to complete and finish new facility which already had raised a bunch, facility is double that amount,

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

This may have already been mentioned, but who knew the far-reaching repercussions of Brooks beating Taylor? if Taylor wins that, he very likely doesn’t take this position now. Wild.

Happy for David, makes things more interesting in the college wrestling landscape.

Reactions: diggerpup and mcpat
Keep getting information here and posting as your own dude. Delete a few more people's post. Hahaha
What in the world are you talking about?

You keep posting bad information as if you’re in the know and it’s coming from a guy who’s an OSU fan with no connection to the program or any of these people. The people you keep posting about laugh at your posts.

Justin Kyle Dunn is not a good source. Sorry, maybe that’s why your forum is so stagnant.

What in the world are you talking about?

You keep posting bad information as if you’re in the know and it’s coming from a guy who’s an OSU fan with no connection to the program or any of these people. The people you keep posting about laugh at your posts.

Justin Kyle Dunn is not a good source. Sorry, maybe that’s why your forum is so stagnant.
You keep mentioning Justin, he's far from any source. Keep guessing!

Ehh, I say let them duke it out. It's been somewhat entertaining, as long as they keep it above the belt.

Besides, it's all we got until JTS gives his blessing of if and when he's gonna allow the other form of "entertainment" to come off suspension.
Duke it out? This is a WRESTLING message board! They should find a mat somewhere and go at it. Grappling rules could apply. 👍

This is news to Dake, his wife, his family and his agent Brian. You may want to tell Justin Kyle Dunn to check his sources.

No interest in being an RTC coach in Oklahoma LOL
Can we all agree that "Justin Kyle Dunn" sounds more police blotter than wrestling news?

With David now in Oklahoma, we all need to recalibrate how to read names.

This may have already been mentioned, but who knew the far-reaching repercussions of Brooks beating Taylor? if Taylor wins that, he very likely doesn’t take this position now. Wild.

Happy for David, makes things more interesting in the college wrestling landscape.
I believe the true headwaters of this river of repercussions was a certain singlet tug.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Ok fair enough. I’ll own that. The point I’m trying to make is that saying they have no title contenders seems pretty ludicrous. So I guess we need to define the word “contender”. Webster’s defines as

- a person or group competing with others to achieve something.
"the major contenders for the championship"

I’m guessing title contender would be similar to their example used. That means that the obvious most likely champion is not considered the only title contender. There isn’t anyone beating Kerk, Star or Mitchell next year. But there are definitely obvious title contenders. My point was that you completely dismissed several OSU guys who could obviously be a contender. Plott was in the finals last year. Yes he’s got Keck but just as no one out PSU fans thought Star could beat Kemmerer after big tens his freshman year, he did.

Hamiti lost to Carr in the semis and a month prior lost to MM 13-11. And one could argue that if he had a better gas tank he could have held on to beat MM. I’m NOT saying he can or will ever beat MM. I’m saying he’s certainly a “contender”!

Troy Spratley was a SV loss to Ayala from being in the finals last year and one month prior he majored Richie Figs. But you are saying he’s “not a contender”? I’ll gladly bow out of this conversation over semantics and myself taking an uncalled for and childish personal shot at you. I apologize. I DO however think that they have several “contenders” next year. Whether any of them make the finals or not is why I don’t miss Nationals. Anything can happen. Have a blessed week fellow wrestling fan!
It’s all good man. I’m sure I’m being too dismissive saying they don’t have contenders.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT