ADVERTISEMENT

David Taylor to Oklahoma State & related news

Don't have time to read the whole thread, so this might be old news.

According to a guy I talked to today, who is pretty tied into NY wrestling, and talked to Dake last week...If Dake goes to OSU, it won't be to coach, at least until he's 100% done competing. And, even then, he's not high on coaching. Based on the conversation, this guy said Dake just isn't into the extraneous stuff that "coaching" entails. If he coaches, he just wants to coach, not schmooze, recruit, administrate, etc.

Take it for what it's worth.

Don't have time to read the whole thread, so this might be old news.

According to a guy I talked to today, who is pretty tied into NY wrestling, and talked to Dake last week...If Dake goes to OSU, it won't be to coach, at least until he's 100% done competing. And, even then, he's not high on coaching. Based on the conversation, this guy said Dake just isn't into the extraneous stuff that "coaching" entails. If he coaches, he just wants to coach, not schmooze, recruit, administrate, etc.

Take it for what it's worth.
What is Dake thinking about long term if not coaching?

So you are saying parading around in teammates' sister's panties will not be tolerated?
panties GIF

Plott will never beat Keicheisen. Hamiti isn’t close to O’Toole. The gap between those two, and the number one guy at their weight is very large. If Spratley is your other guy you list as a title contender, then I feel comfortable in saying they won’t have any legitimate title contenders. I’ll go as far as to say none of those three will even make the finals next year.
Why don’t we just not wrestle then? Just give it to Keck. Unreal. You must have wrestled JV four years … apparently never believed anyone better than you could be beat.

He actually seems like a pretty cool guy. I wonder if he has any interest in wrestling.

PS Watch their video for We’re Not Gonna Take It and without cheating, see if you recognize anyone else in it.

Last edited:
Brand new facility coming to OK state 18 million dollars in the works

Dude from Paycom put up 10million dollar endowment for RTC

Reactions: Dogwelder
This keeps getting worse by the day. I hope Carl has a plan.
Do you really think so? Because of the staff DT has coming with him? They are all great wrestlers but other than Kennedy have no real coaching experience. Club coaching doesn’t really count. Nothing like coaching at a major university. Casey, Cody, and Varner are all staying and to me those are the keys. I would be more concerned if 1 or more of them left but as it is I’m really interested to see how these guys adapt to full time coaching. I think they will do really well but I think it’s going to take a bit longer than most are thinking and I don’t see OSU challenging PSU for quite some time. As long as Cael and CO are at PSU they will be the top dogs

Why don’t we just not wrestle then? Just give it to Keck. Unreal. You must have wrestled JV four years … apparently never believed anyone better than you could be beat.
I’m not sure why you felt the need to take a personal shot at me because we disagree about certain wrestlers being considered title contenders or not, but oh well.

It’s just an offseason opinion. I never said we should not bother wrestling those weights.

Instead of getting petty and personal, I’ll respond strictly about the wrestlers you mentioned (Plott, Hamiti, Spratley). Yes Plott made the finals, so feel free to consider him a contender. Me personally, I don’t instantly consider the #2 guy a title threat. I feel like Keich is levels about Plott and anyone else at 184 unless Starocci would go 184.

Same goes for 174 with O’Toole.

125 is a crapshoot, but I don’t think Spratley is a top 5 guy.

If you are convinced those 3 are title contenders, I’ll gladly make a bet with you that none of them make the finals.

Do you really think so? Because of the staff DT has coming with him? They are all great wrestlers but other than Kennedy have no real coaching experience. Club coaching doesn’t really count. Nothing like coaching at a major university. Casey, Cody, and Varner are all staying and to me those are the keys. I would be more concerned if 1 or more of them left but as it is I’m really interested to see how these guys adapt to full time coaching. I think they will do really well but I think it’s going to take a bit longer than most are thinking and I don’t see OSU challenging PSU for quite some time. As long as Cael and CO are at PSU they will be the top dogs
It was meant toungh & cheek, thus the Carl and plan. I tend to be a little more concerned about the NLWC guys bolting.

Reactions: zzs006
I heard Dake is staying (though obviously things can change if an offer is good enough) but Zain is going. It's a fluid bidding situation I imagine.

It was getting about time to reload the NLWC anyway with several guys in it now on the wrong side of 30.
I like the idea of just prioritizing Lilledahl as the new 57 man with RBY (who said he has another cycle in him), he's competitive at the senior level now as is.

I hope Nick Lee stays around but heard yes and no with him. Otherwise, I'm good with Bartlett taking over as the man soon and telling a high schooler like Blaze, Forrest, Bassett they will be prioritized as a 65 guy

74 we have Nolf and Mitch,

86 AB and Carter (Bo still involed as a coach)

97 Snyder

125 Kerkvliet

Snyder/Kerk rolls around mostly together and throw in Varner/Cael still? We're good.

I heard Dake is staying (though obviously things can change if an offer is good enough) but Zain is going. It's a fluid bidding situation I imagine.
Zain going where? CWC or the work world?

Zain going to CWC would bum me out more than most others as I thought he was the bedrock of this program - Pa kid, never looking for the limelight, etc

Reactions: PSUer1989
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT