ADVERTISEMENT

Daton Fix Final 5

The shoulder injury probably was the reason for McDonough's senior post season performance, not burn out. Wrestling with one arm he finished 2nd @ B1Gs and lost in round of 12 @ NCAAs.

The wear and tear from a huge cut may (may not) have had an impact on the shoulder deterioration.

He probably could have wrestled 133. Ramos was supposedly slightly undersized at 133, they probably could have switched. McDonough and the Brands boys probably believed his best shot at a 3rd title was to go 125.

Just an opinion, but competing with all your heart and determination while having 1 limb non effective shows serious stones not burn out.

Reactions: papa_ed and tomsc
The shoulder injury probably was the reason for McDonough's senior post season performance, not burn out. Wrestling with one arm he finished 2nd @ B1Gs and lost in round of 12 @ NCAAs.

The wear and tear from a huge cut may (may not) have had an impact on the shoulder deterioration.

He probably could have wrestled 133. Ramos was supposedly slightly undersized at 133, they probably could have switched. McDonough and the Brands boys probably believed his best shot at a 3rd title was to go 125.

Just an opinion, but competing with all your heart and determination while having 1 limb non effective shows serious stones not burn out.
You are right an ASU 125 champ didnt burn out, he only got better.

I whiffed on this. Thought it'd be PSU. And how would you know if this is the right choice or not? That won't be determined for a few years if ever. And didn't you once say Marstellar made the right choice when he settled on OSU? I don't know if you did or not to be honest but I'd bet you did. As for Fix I wish him well and really do hope he indeed made the "right" choice.

Blaming you now. ;) Good for you OSU fans and congrats Mr Fix. Look forward to great matches ........ in PSU favor.

I began to think the same as you at the end. OSU has Piccinnini and Brock; PSU has Suriano and Cortez. If you saw the bout between Suriano and Fix a year or two back, it would be fun to see them go at it again!
Suriano would beat Fix bad now...Our room is INSANE...I have seen numerous practices....

I whiffed on this. Thought it'd be PSU. And how would you know if this is the right choice or not? That won't be determined for a few years if ever. And didn't you once say Marstellar made the right choice when he settled on OSU? I don't know if you did or not to be honest but I'd bet you did. As for Fix I wish him well and really do hope he indeed made the "right" choice.

Honestly, I didn't expect Fix to choose PSU. I was very hopeful but when RBY committed I felt as though that was a result of Cael knowing Fix wasn't going to commit to PSU so RBY was given an opportunity outside of general interest. Just my thoughts from the outside looking in. With that, we are ok at the lower weights and don't really have any pressing needs and at the end of the day Fix wasn't leaving OSU given his fathers ties, his life-long desire to be a Cowboy as a result of that and more importantly, an hour from home....good for the sport overall and not a loss for PSU.

I did say that. I look at David Taylor, and I think if he would of went to OSU he would of been a 4 time NC. I really feel bad for him choosing the wrong school.;)

I did say that. I look at David Taylor, and I think if he would of went to OSU he would of been a 4 time NC. I really feel bad for him choosing the wrong school.;)
Other than for the fact that, excluding escapes, no Oklahoma State wrestler has EVER scored a single point on David Taylor, somehow you would have made him into a better wrestler down there. Ok sounds good...

Oh Mikey, I love this post. Man you make it easier than it ever needs to be.
First. I think if David had attended Okie St there would have been all kind of possibilities.
DT versus Matt McDonough
DT versus Jessie Delgado
DT versus Anthony Robles
DT versus Nahshon Garrett
Hell man, DT versus Nico

Continously win matches by effortlessly scoring 20 points you earn a nickname like magic man. Just out of curiosity, if David had wrestled for Okie State and spent 4 years winning 140 matches by 4 - 2 scores while wrestling in reverse and looking gassed what nick name do you imagine wrestling fans would have bestowed upon him?

Just a single last inquiry. David probably would write a sentence in this manner, "if he would have attended", or maybe "if he would have gone to." If David had attended Okie State would he have been taught to to write it, "if he would of went"

Oh man, I think if David was presented all the possibilities of wenting to Okie State versus the reality of his Penn State experience he would be happy with his life choices so far.

First. I think if David had attended Okie St there would have been all kind of possibilities.
DT versus Matt McDonough
DT versus Jessie Delgado
DT versus Anthony Robles
Hell man, DT versus Nico

Continously win matches by effortlessly scoring 20 points you earn a nickname like magic man. Just out of curiosity, if David had wrestled for Okie State and spent 4 years winning 140 matches by 4 - 2 scores while wrestling in reverse and looking gassed what nick name do you imagine wrestling fans would have bestowed upon him?

Just a single last inquiry. David probably would write a sentence in this manner, "if he would have attended", or maybe "if he would have gone to." If David had attended Okie State would he have been taught to to write it, "if he would of went"

Oh man, I think if David was presented all the possibilities of wenting to Okie State versus the reality of his Penn State experience he would be happy with his life choices so far.
On the other hand he'd have been well positioned to beat out Frank for the 65kg Olympic spot.

DT versus Matt McDonough
DT versus Jessie Delgado
DT versus Anthony Robles
Hell man, DT versus Nico

See Mike, that's what you get for landing a big recruit and bragging on the same day. You can only do one of those at a time without getting anilated. See, this is educational...

Reactions: diggerpup
If Mike did not bait the hook, then wouldn't he be a master hooker? Or happy hooker? Or happy master male hooker? ;)
I baited the hook, but it was a small sample, after all I'm a master baiter. Would that make the people who replied "gay"? Not that there is anything wrong with it!

Last edited:
Congrats to Mr. Fix. Seems like a great kid so I wish him luck. Choosing a college is hard for any kid even without the pressure of being recruited by coaches who all want you.

I have to say I'm a little tick off. I'm doing some of my better work here and no likes. What's a brother has to do to get one?

Your like ratio is abysmal. Seriously. My like ratio on the Hawkeye Report is higher than yours here and I never sugar-coated anything there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT