ADVERTISEMENT

Daton Fix Final 5

HR says Teasdale is already taking down Sammy Brooks with ease in the room.

Someone over there just compared Gilman to IMar. : /

The stache is not impressed that he is taking down Brooks. Now if he does that to Stoll once he is healthy maybe (big maybe) Mike will be impressed. o_O

Reactions: diggerpup
Also think Okie state. I was wrong on Beard and wouldn't mind being wrong again.

Reactions: bwifan
This has been so quiet and tight lipped (which is the way it should be), my gut say Ok St (no surprise).

group text discussion off board has 9 people in it. only 2 have PSU getting Fix.

However, from the land of strange, both of these 2 people voted Trump and claim to be cubs fans. One of these is an Ok St fan, but dont read into that Im told.

I guess when you got the hot dice you keep rolling!

Okie State, or I'm shocked. And in this case, I wouldn't mind.

Shocked-Mouse.gif

I'd be shocked if anyone other than OSU lands Fix simply because of the extensive family ties. One legacy in the family would already serve as pressure but Fix would be venturing pretty far outside the box to go anywhere else. If he does choose PSU because he feels it'd better serve his wrestling development it's kind of a slap in the face to John Smith and might make for some weird Thanksgivings. Speculating heavily here based on what I imagine the dynamics are in a successful wrestling family; I have no idea what Fix's situation is.

I'd be shocked if anyone other than OSU lands Fix simply because of the extensive family ties. One legacy in the family would already serve as pressure but Fix would be venturing pretty far outside the box to go anywhere else. If he does choose PSU because he feels it'd better serve his wrestling development it's kind of a slap in the face to John Smith and might make for some weird Thanksgivings. Speculating heavily here based on what I imagine the dynamics are in a successful wrestling family; I have no idea what Fix's situation is.
Location, legacy wrestler, and something else I saw on Facebook lead me to believe it's OK St. Financial Aid offers an unknown...

Location, legacy wrestler, and something else I saw on Facebook lead me to believe it's OK St. Financial Aid offers an unknown...

Agreed... everything logically says Okie St.... but for some reason I can't shake something quietly tells me to hold on predicting Okie St.... You look at all the factors and figure its a slam dunk for the Cowboys but something keeps gnawing at me saying PSU... who knows maybe it's my german shepherd chewing on my ankle telling me he wants dinner... LOL

I will use all of my CSI training to narrow the list...... watch the end of the video he and his friends made over the week end. Look at the hats on the desk..... what do you notice...... not the order of the hats, but the condition of the hats sitting there....... three of them are brand new, never worn, actually has the stickers on it. The bill of OSU and Nebby are bend and look used. Nebby really has a nice perfectly curved bill and looks newer, like he just had in on his head.

So, using forensics..... Nebraska is the front runner!

I just hope that the time spent at Worlds with Mark Hall can swing a PSU announcement tomorrow.

I will use all of my CSI training to narrow the list...... watch the end of the video he and his friends made over the week end. Look at the hats on the desk..... what do you notice...... not the order of the hats, but the condition of the hats sitting there....... three of them are brand new, never worn, actually has the stickers on it. The bill of OSU and Nebby are bend and look used. Nebby really has a nice perfectly curved bill and looks newer, like he just had in on his head.

I just hope that the time spent at Worlds with Mark Hall can swing a PSU announcement tomorrow.
I love this post. This board has lacked forensic-level wrestling recruiting analysis for too long.

I need to make sure I have popcorn at home.

If the unexpected happens and Fix does choose PSU, gonna be a few pretty entertaining aftershocks in Iowa City, Columbus & Stillwater.

Father wrestled at OSU, best friend Gfeller attending OSU, girlfriend attending OSU….. PSU it is! :D

Seriously though, highly unlikely anywhere but OSU.

I will preface this by saying Daton Fix is an amazing wrestler who anyone would want, but I really don't see even the slight need with RBY, and Nick Lee coming. The only thing would be if Lee will outgrow 141 and either Fix or RBY would be the 141 guy in a couple of years. I understand you take a guy like Fix no matter what, but it really doesn't look like a need to my eyes.

I was thinking the same thing only those 2 hats were used because he didn't care for them and used them while painting the ceiling in his house. He wants that PSU hat nice and crisp to wear for photo's after he announces for PSU!! :cool:

HR says Teasdale is already taking down Sammy Brooks with ease in the room.

Someone over there just compared Gilman to IMar. : /

Don't know about Brooks, but apparently Teasdale is giving Marinelli all he can handle. ;)

And I would be SHOCKED (all caps in deference to Spyker) if Fix doesn't announce for Okie State. Seriously. I suspect this has been close to a lock right from the start.

Last edited:
Brooks? Marinelli? Stoll?
Gavin has been shark bait between those three plus all recent Iowa Olympians and beat them all into crying fits of defeated frustration.

I know this is true. Coach Gable was telling me over dinner last night.

From the Flo article: "At this point, Fix has still not made a decision and even his family is still in the dark as to which way he is leaning, according to his father. While Derek Fix acknowledged Daton's decision is probably down to three or so schools, he didn't have an indication as to which team is in the driver's seat."

Could that really be true?

From the Flo article: "At this point, Fix has still not made a decision and even his family is still in the dark as to which way he is leaning, according to his father. While Derek Fix acknowledged Daton's decision is probably down to three or so schools, he didn't have an indication as to which team is in the driver's seat."

A lot can be read into that.

We ARE!

Highly unlikely that he would schedule a public announcement with no idea what that announcement is. The statement from the father doesn't make sense. If the father really is in the dark as to what the decision is then isn't he also in the dark about whether the decision has been made?

I read that as well yesterday on the Flo article. I would think he has made his decision or is 99% of the way there and doing 1 last check list this morning before announcing. The father it seems has really try and stayed out of it and let him make his own decision. I would think the father has an idea which way he is leaning but probably has not asked him outright what his decision is at this point. Sounds like a good family and letting it be his decision.

With the sound of Zombie nation playing in the background Daton announces he is proud to be the cornerstone on the second collegiate wrestling team PSU will field next year. He expects Gable Stevenson to join him soon. In a shocking development due to roster trades between the 2 squads PSU starts 2017 ranked number one and two. The only way to tell the difference between the two teams will be the singlet of team two will look like a Nascar uniform with every one that donated to the slush fund. After the announcement Fix drops the mic and hops on a jet immediately going to the NLWC.

I read that as well yesterday on the Flo article. I would think he has made his decision or is 99% of the way there and doing 1 last check list this morning before announcing. The father it seems has really try and stayed out of it and let him make his own decision. I would think the father has an idea which way he is leaning but probably has not asked him outright what his decision is at this point. Sounds like a good family and letting it be his decision.

I think it was a recent Cortez interview where he went to bed the night before with his decision going to be PSU and the next day announced for Illinois. He is also the kid that J Lowe shot a little early on too with his announcement.

So that is an example of a teenager with a lack of decision control. Not saying this is the same situation as young Fix, just giving a data point to pass the time.

I think it was a recent Cortez interview where he went to bed the night before with his decision going to be PSU and the next day announced for Illinois. He is also the kid that J Lowe shot a little early on too with his announcement.

So that is an example of a teenager with a lack of decision control. Not saying this is the same situation as young Fix, just giving a data point to pass the time.

You are correct it was Cortez who changed his mind over night. Has to be hard for anyone to make a decision like this, especially thinking back when I was that age and had all this thrown at you. You can see why kids flip flop on choices. Not easy for anyone...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT