ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

I still can't believe how easy this all was. I got an appointment the first time I tried to, then walked right in and out with no wait. That was my first encounter with covid logistics.

It wasn't even crowded. I was kickin' it with the Fire Lieutenant and he was cool AF.

Getting the Moderna vac tomorrow, which arm should I get it in? Dominant or non-dominant arm? lol
I got mine in non dominant , not much if any pain in that arm. Now last night the other arm hurt like hell. IDK why

My wife got the J&J with minimal side effects. I got the 1st of 2 Moderna shots and I had a couple of side effects. I had a low grade headache, arm pain, fatigue and after 2 days my arm pit was really tender. I'm a little worried about the 2nd shot. Thankfully I have 2 days off after I get the 2nd shot.

Not sarcasm....I’m serious. I got mine in the left arm because I’m right handed....but I sleep on my left side....that first night sucked.
I’m screwed. I sleep on each side at some point during the night.

I got mine in the left arm because that arm was closest to the practitioner at the drive through clinic

Reactions: GSPMax
If you want to make an omelet, you have to break some eggs.

I was sick, very sick for 24 hours following both Moderna Shots. Chills, fever, throwing up, tired as all get out. However, it does go away at about the 24 hour mark. Is it fun, no.....but the end result hopefully allows us to go back to things the way they were to some point and that's why I got the shot. covid can kill, the numbers prove that (although we will never know the true numbers of this thing). But I got the shot to go back to normal, not to avoid the virus.
I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday and am experiencing this now. Sickest I have been in a very long time. Was not expecting my ass to get kicked this badly.

J&J on Tuesday. Wednesday morning about 4:00 AM woke up with cold sweat. Woke up again at 6:30 and all is good. No other side effects. Got in dominant arm as they tell you to.

J&J on Tuesday. Wednesday morning about 4:00 AM woke up with cold sweat. Woke up again at 6:30 and all is good. No other side effects. Got in dominant arm as they tell you to.

Wife and I got J&J Sunday at 2, overnight we both had issues, me with chills, her with sweats. Had low fevers and achiness all day Monday. All better come Tuesday at wake up.

Reactions: TheGLOV
For the greater audience. Information sharing. Any side effects? Any issues?

got mine tonight. Wife got hers 3 days ago. No side effects or issues for her, nothing initially for me but I’ll report back if we get anything.
Phizer #1 for my wife and two oldest daughters yesterday (phone call from clinic early in morning: “use it or lose it...please come down ASAP”).

Girls all had mildly sore arms and some minor fatigue. Me? Nothing...just like when I get flu shot. Hopefully will hold true in one month for shot #2.

Got my first Moderna shot yesterday afternoon with no side effects so far.

I'm 50 and so is my wife. My son is 21 and my daughter is 18. We are all in phase 2. We went online last week to register for the waiting list as soon as the governor announced we could get it starting on 4/19. Today our hospital called us to set up appointments for next week. We told them we weren't eligible yet but the nurse said they had so many vaccines available that they wanted to schedule us so we spent 10 minutes with her coming up with reasons why we were eligible just so they could get us signed up. I'm happy to be getting it but this system is crazy.

I'm 50 and so is my wife. My son is 21 and my daughter is 18. We are all in phase 2. We went online last week to register for the waiting list as soon as the governor announced we could get it starting on 4/19. Today our hospital called us to set up appointments for next week. We told them we weren't eligible yet but the nurse said they had so many vaccines available that they wanted to schedule us so we spent 10 minutes with her coming up with reasons why we were eligible just so they could get us signed up. I'm happy to be getting it but this system is crazy.

Yeah. I got mine last Saturday by calling around to pharmacies. I had signed up through the state two weeks ago. Got an email today that I am now eligible per state requirements and referenced me to the local mass vaccination site and sati they have appointments available now. So definitely appears that they need to open up to everyone now as literally they have open appointments that they cannot fill.

Got my J&J vaccine 11 AM yesterday. All was well until 1 am this morning. Chills, muscle aches came on pretty quickly. Took some Tylenol and feeling better.

Having had Covid back in December, the side effects of the shot are worse than anything I experienced with the virus.

I realize what I’m experiencing is the immune system reaction, it’s just weird that it’s worse than when I was fighting the actual virus.

Reactions: brupsu and TheGLOV
Moderna on 4/7. No side effects for me or my family other than a mildly sore injection site for maybe 24-36 hours. Second shot scheduled for 5/5.

Reactions: TheGLOV and brupsu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT