ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

Got my J&J vaccine 11 AM yesterday. All was well until 1 am this morning. Chills, muscle aches came on pretty quickly. Took some Tylenol and feeling better.

Having had Covid back in December, the side effects of the shot are worse than anything I experienced with the virus.

I realize what I’m experiencing is the immune system reaction, it’s just weird that it’s worse than when I was fighting the actual virus.
Were you tested for C19 antibodies prior to the vaccine?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Its number two that felt like the flu but without the fever.Gone in a day
Got my second Moderna on 4/6. Felt sluggish/low energy for the next 2 days...no fever...injection site was sore to the touch. Had no reaction whatsoever to shot M1.
Wife goes in for 2nd Pfizer shot on 4/20. My son and his wife getting M1 this week.

Reactions: brupsu and TheGLOV
I had my 2nd shot (Moderna) on Monday around 3:45 pm. I was pretty good afterwards through the evening. I had a little tingling in the arm in which I got the shot, and something in my head (hard to describe; not a headache, but something was a tad off). Heck, I even hosted an online meeting for an organization I'm a member of Monday evening.

I wish that had been the extent of my issues. When I went to bed, I noticed that my arm was getting sorer. That was a nuisance, but not a biggie. However, after a bit I started getting cold, and even extra blankets were not resolving that. I usually sleep like a log, but last night was probably the worst sleep I had experienced in a few decades. Around 6 am, I took my temperature, and found that I had a 100 degree fever. I took some Tylenol, and pretty much slept for the next five hours.

I got out of bed a short time ago, had a bowl of cereal, and took two more Tylenol. My fever is mostly gone, but I still have the chills, a sore arm, and am feeling pretty groggy.

By comparison, my wife got her 2nd shot (also Moderna) later on Monday. Her arm was fine, and for the most part she experienced little to no reaction to the shot.

Reactions: brupsu and TheGLOV
Got 2nd phizer on Wednesday at 10am . Mild real arm soreness and was a little sluggish on Thursday. Thursday night about 10pm my whole back started hurting. Like everywhere. Just the back. Struggles to go to sleep but woke up in the morning with no back pain at all. Weird.

Reactions: brupsu
Second shot Pfizer on Saturday morning. Within an hour, didn't even have arm soreness anymore which surprised me as first shot had arm soreness for about 2 days (only issue with first shot). All day Saturday felt fine. Woke up about 4:30AM on Sunday morning with body soreness. Was sore most day on Sunday but not to the point where it was uncomfortable just annoying, had for about an hour in early afternoon on Sunday a low grade headache but that went away. By Sunday night started improving. Monday morning back to normal.

Second shot Pfizer on Saturday morning. Within an hour, didn't even have arm soreness anymore which surprised me as first shot had arm soreness for about 2 days (only issue with first shot). All day Saturday felt fine. Woke up about 4:30AM on Sunday morning with body soreness. Was sore most day on Sunday but not to the point where it was uncomfortable just annoying, had for about an hour in early afternoon on Sunday a low grade headache but that went away. By Sunday night started improving. Monday morning back to normal.
I got my 2nd shot of Pfizer Saturday a.m. Some arm soreness Saturday, but nothing else that I've noticed really.

Reactions: brupsu and psu00
I had my first shot about a week ago with Pfizer. Had zero issues. Was surprised that the actual shot was just a pinprick. I thought the physical shot would be somewhat painful. I am surprised as to the messaging concerning this. I think various officials should be more direct that the actual shot itself doesn't appear to be out of the ordinary of any vaccine. I suspect that there are fair amount of people like me that think that the actual physical shot itself is substantially painful.

I am scheduled to get my second Pfizer shot on Thursday.

I had my first shot about a week ago with Pfizer. Had zero issues. Was surprised that the actual shot was just a pinprick. I thought the physical shot would be somewhat painful. I am surprised as to the messaging concerning this. I think various officials should be more direct that the actual shot itself doesn't appear to be out of the ordinary of any vaccine. I suspect that there are fair amount of people like me that think that the actual physical shot itself is substantially painful.

I am scheduled to get my second Pfizer shot on Thursday.
A week ago to this Thursday? That’s a pretty quick turnaround.

And yes, you barely feel the shot.

For the greater audience. Information sharing. Any side effects? Any issues?

got mine tonight. Wife got hers 3 days ago. No side effects or issues for her, nothing initially for me but I’ll report back if we get anything.
Got both shots, final one last week. Was sick as a dog with uncontrollable shaking all night the 2nd night. Could not get warm. Felt terrible for a few days. Will not admit to anyone except you guys that I got it, because I don't want to go against our new VP that I would accept any vaccine developed under the past administration.!!!!!

I felt my first shot. I was told they were given bigger needles that day and everyone was a bleeder.

Second shot, I wasn't even sure for a moment I even got the shot.

If you get Moderna, go weak arm. You might not be able to wipe for a day and a half. Glad I got the off-arm. It gets sore quickly but also goes away pretty fast. Maybe a little weak for a day overall. No big deal. May 1 was the first.

Not by any means anti-vax but not eager one way or the other. Ran into a nurse...fishing in the Poconos. Asked if I got stuck, I said no. He had worked in C-19 units and said get it. Also had two nice big trout on the stringer. Figured why wait. Good fishermen are usually pretty wise.

Shot is painless but it gets sore after. your whole delt gets sore. Not the needle site. All good in about a day. Couldn't lift arm over head for about a day.

If you're reading mate, thanks and good advice.

If you get Moderna, go weak arm. You might not be able to wipe for a day and a half. Glad I got the off-arm. It gets sore quickly but also goes away pretty fast. Maybe a little weak for a day overall. No big deal. May 1 was the first.

Not by any means anti-vax but not eager one way or the other. Ran into a nurse...fishing in the Poconos. Asked if I got stuck, I said no. He had worked in C-19 units and said get it. Also had two nice big trout on the stringer. Figured why wait. Good fishermen are usually pretty wise.

Shot is painless but it gets sore after. your whole delt gets sore. Not the needle site. All good in about a day. Couldn't lift arm over head for about a day.

If you're reading mate, thanks and good advice.
I didn’t have too much of a problem with a sore arm after either shot. Got sicker than a dog after the second though.

For the greater audience. Information sharing. Any side effects? Any issues?

got mine tonight. Wife got hers 3 days ago. No side effects or issues for her, nothing initially for me but I’ll report back if we get anything.
I got my second shot yesterday.. Zero side affects. I felt so good today I went out and did 26 miles on my bike.

I had my second Pfizer shot on April 21. I had no side effects from either shot.
I realize that I did not tell the full story. My arm was sore for a day both times. Hardly noticeable though. Not anything like the last two tetanus shots I had. I couldn't believe how those tetanus shots affected my arm.

Just maybe my situation is the norm and you're just not hearing from us.
From what I see and hear, that’s not the case. A very high percentage of everyone I know who got the vaccine, had some type of issue after the second shot (or both shots). I would guess your situation of feeling better after the shot is a rarity.

From what I see and hear, that’s not the case. A very high percentage of everyone I know who got the vaccine, had some type of issue after the second shot (or both shots). I would guess your situation of feeling better after the shot is a rarity.
It’s the opposite in my case. Nearly everyone I know had no or very little problem with either shot.

I think he's unfortunately fallen into that ~1% for which the vaccine doesn't work. I'd get a titer test.
I have been told by my physicians that those with a strong immune system have more reactions. Weakened immune systems do not "fight" in the same manner.

I have been told by my physicians that those with a strong immune system have more reactions. Weakened immune systems do not "fight" in the same manner.
Interesting. Makes sense though....my 25 year old son got sicker than a dog.

also wonder if you have a strong reaction to the vaccine, would you have been hit hard if you got covid? and people that had limited to no reaction to the vaccine then would have been more the asymptomatic or just a case of the sniffles if they got covid.

I had Moderna, No issues with either shot except sore arm for a few days, Wife had J&J, and a little tired and achy afterwards that only lasted a day and daughter had Pfizer with no reactions after either shot - have heard more negative about Moderna but no real horror stories.

also wonder if you have a strong reaction to the vaccine, would you have been hit hard if you got covid? and people that had limited to no reaction to the vaccine then would have been more the asymptomatic or just a case of the sniffles if they got covid.
Cletus, got COVID in November and slept for 12 days. Totally whipped and achy. It was awful.

Reactions: brupsu and Ski

"Scientists haven’t identified any relationship between the initial inflammatory reaction and the long-term response that leads to protection. There’s no scientific proof that someone with more obvious side effects from the vaccine is then better protected from COVID-19. And there’s no reason that having an exaggerated innate response would make your adaptive response any better."

Last edited:
Really impossible to test the effectiveness of the three head-to-head, as the J&J was tested much later as you mentioned, when we were at the peak of Covid. There were also all of the variants around. J&J also had the most diverse testing population, that not only included the USA, but South America, Mexico, and South Africa. Finally, the J&J's viral vector platform has been around for many years, so there is long term studies on it. It is used in the Ebola virus and even approved for pregnant women and children in Europe. It is also being recommended for the more transient people, whom many times can't get the second shot (or no tracing for them to get the llsecond shot).

Had my J&J yesterday. No side effects at all. No soreness. No sluggishness. Did my standard run and bike ride this morning I ran too but only a few steps. Jk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT