ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

When I get to where I know more people who have been vaccinated than have had it, I will feel like we are turning a corner.

Reactions: rcy4499
Yes healthcare workers are getting vaccinated now.
Got mine 2 days ago. It wasn't very pleasant,had the chills and aches for about a day but fine now.

Reactions: nittanyfan333
Which one Jim? Live here in Carroll County. The assisted living home in Mt. Airy was a disaster earlier in the year, hope your daughter is not at that facility.

Reactions: bison13
For the greater audience. Information sharing. Any side effects? Any issues?

got mine tonight. Wife got hers 3 days ago. No side effects or issues for her, nothing initially for me but I’ll report back if we get anything.
Am still a participant in the Pfizer vaccine double blind study. A two year study.

Received the two study shots about three months ago . Swabs up the nose and couple of blood draws.
Three blood draws left.
Vaccine or Placebo? Who knows?
May get the answer at my next blood draw late April. '21.

So far, no reaction to the two shots.

Am still a participant in the Pfizer vaccine double blind study. A two year study.

Received the two study shots about three months ago . Swabs up the nose and couple of blood draws.
Three blood draws left.

thanks for what you’re doing. Without subjects we couldn’t have vaccines. Seriously, Appreciate it.

Three blood draws left.

I thought that all the vaccine trial participants who got the placebo eventually got the real vaccine.
is that the case?
and if so when will you know and get the real vaccine if you originally received the placebo.

I thought that all the vaccine trial participants who got the placebo eventually got the real vaccine.
is that the case?
and if so when will you know and get the real vaccine if you originally received the placebo.
Pfizer and Moderna are petitioning to allow the placebo group to get vaccinated . FDA would like to keep them purely in the placebo group so they have more long term data .

Pfizer and Moderna are petitioning to allow the placebo group to get vaccinated . FDA would like to keep them purely in the placebo group so they have more long term data .
100% correct.

A fun read for me on Statnews.com a couple of days ago.
A Dr. S Goodman from Stanford and the FDA want all the data they can get.

I was taken aback for a bit when I read Goodman's statement,
" Vaccine study participants shouldn't get preferential treatment in Receiving the vaccine"

Took me a while to digest his comment, then, for me only, agreed.with him.

is that the case?
The study, designed to last two years, is voluntary. Participants can leave whenever they want.

A couple of days ago I received an e-mail from my San Diego /Pfizer study Dr.
My belief is part of an e- blast to all study Participants.
This e-mail was approximately 13 paragraphs long. Titled
" Vaccine transition option". I didn't read it.
Bottom line to me, Pfizer happy to review things with me at my 4th meeting, My wife loves to read these type of Documents. And she gave me a quick review.
( I actually didn't care to take A major interest in the 30 page Pfizer generated agreement with started my involvement. Signed it and that was fine with me.)

So bottom line for now, subject to change in variables, April'21, my 4th meeting, should get an update, re my shot status.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
As a social worker with CWS, we are considered "essential workers" but will not get the vaccine for another two weeks here in Hawaii.

• Haha
Reactions: PearlSUJam
Good luck to all. Get back to me in 8-12 months. If you're good, I will consider it.

Of course it won't work that way. If you want to travel, you'll need to get it. My wife will be all over that, so I'll have little choice, lol.

I want to see studies that instruct on what those who have antibodies should be doing. I had it 8 months ago and I still have 'em (wow, and they kept selling the 'you have maybe 3 months immunity bulls) .. why the F would i want a vaccine that has not been adequately vetted?

Just keep in mind that if ANYTHING goes wrong you have no one to sue. Everyone (the FDA and every producer of the vaccine) are 100% exempt.. they bear no culpability, they bear no responsibility, and they sure as hell have ZERO financial concern. You're cool with that, God bless.

Me? I'm gonna stick around a bit and see what happens. Hopefully this will run like a charm, all will be well, and there will be no side effects. But I sure as hell am going to wait on that.

Updated: now have 4 peeps in the fold who have been vaccinated so I'll see up close and personal how it goes. I like that.

Encouraging the wife to stay home (Montana, Idaho, Wyoming reprise) for another year. Fingers crossed.

Read that there are states where they are encouraging vaccination of people like moi who already have antibodies. WTF would that be a priority? Thankfully, florida is not one of those idiot places. Thankfully, we don't shut down here. I never thought the day would come where i'd be happy so say.. damn, I am so fing glad i live here and not pennsylvania. That should hold until the first hurricane that hits home lol.

Last edited:
Which one Jim? Live here in Carroll County. The assisted living home in Mt. Airy was a disaster earlier in the year, hope your daughter is not at that facility.
Yeah that's 2 min from my house. State troopers sitting at the edge of the road for days after the breakout.

For the greater audience. Information sharing. Any side effects? Any issues?

got mine tonight. Wife got hers 3 days ago. No side effects or issues for her, nothing initially for me but I’ll report back if we get anything.
Did it come with the optional nanochips?

Reactions: DC89
Good luck to all. Get back to me in 8-12 months. If you're good, I will consider it.

Of course it won't work that way. If you want to travel, you'll need to get it. My wife will be all over that, so I'll have little choice, lol.

I want to see studies that instruct on what those who have antibodies should be doing. I had it 8 months ago and I still have 'em (wow, and they kept selling the 'you have maybe 3 months immunity bulls) .. why the F would i want a vaccine that has not been adequately vetted?

Just keep in mind that if ANYTHING goes wrong you have no one to sue. Everyone (the FDA and every producer of the vaccine) are 100% exempt.. they bear no culpability, they bear no responsibility, and they sure as hell have ZERO financial concern. You're cool with that, God bless.

Me? I'm gonna stick around a bit and see what happens. Hopefully this will run like a charm, all will be well, and there will be no side effects. But I sure as hell am going to wait on that.
Most importantly, you cannot untake it. There were a handful of cases of Bells Palsy in the UK, which sometimes clears up and sometimes it doesn't.

All vaccine manufactures have special congressional protection thanks to K Street & pharmaceutical lobbyists. There is a remedy to vaccine damage in the Office of Special Masters of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, popularly known as "vaccine court", but good luck trying to get an attorney to represent you/yours.

42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22 - Standards of responsibility | U ...
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/300aa-22
Oct 01, 1988 · No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, solely due to the manufacturer’s failure to provide direct warnings to the injured party (or the injured party’s legal representative) of the potential dangers resulting from the administration of the vaccine

Reactions: N&B4PSU
My daughter got hers on Wednesday. Physical Therapist at Shock Trauma Hospital in Baltimore. Just some soreness in her L deltoid.

about 14 hours later that’s where I’m at. I feel like I strained my left delt. Through 37 years of shots I’ve never had this type of soreness from a shot.

Another Carroll County Lion here, Finksburg. Wife works at the RedCross and should get the shot soon. No word yet from Hopkins if Lab rats like me will get it anytime soon.

My wife always laughs at me when I mention the AKB...however the fact that there are so many on here that have been able to get the vaccine in a week truly amazes me. I know we all come from different backgrounds and are all over the country but the fact I know no one personally whose had it but come here and see people who have reminds me of the greatest of this board!

Reactions: FHSPSU67 and Madsol

So the key here is YOU need someone to sue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Virginia Joe
Congratulations you guys deserve to be first for all your sacrifices and hard work whatever one’s opinion of the virus and it’s severity.

Reactions: nits74
I'm an anesthesiologist at a major state institute but haven't been able to receive the vaccine yet, scheduled for next week. From what I've been hearing some major institutes have had issues with allocating the vaccine to the highest risk people, I.E. Stanford. Hoping to get some protection ASAP.

Side effects are about as common as dirt for vaccines, so any expectation that the COVID vaccines won't have them isn't terribly realistic. I traveled to garden spots like India, Egypt, and Afghanistan for work and was handed lengthy lists of shots and other meds that I had to take each time. In most cases, there was some degree of misery involved, but in all cases, the side effects were nothing compared to what they were preventing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT