ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

I can give my story only on this. Got COVID, was fine for a week, still did everything I wanted to do (at home) and after a week got pneumonia.

Got my first shot February 26 and went to hell 8 hours later.

Therefore in my case the responses didn't match up.

I think there could still be some correlation, but as we have seen with Covid so far...lots of things that don’t make sense.

Wow, people once again being inconsiderate selfish a holes. 😡 Not you, people making multiple appointments.
I thought the same thing ... until my appointment for my second shot was cancelled 3 days before it was scheduled. If those delivering shots do not hold up to their end of the bargain, those receiving shots have little recourse but to cover those contingencies. That said, once the shots are received, they should notify the other sites and cancel their appointments.

Called a friend today and found out he was sick in bed at noon. He had the Covid in July, was sick for a week, and then fine. Got second Pfizer shot yesterday and had severe chills starting at 3 AM. Said first shot made him ill, too.

Have had both shots from Pfizer. Very slight sore arm the first time, and the second time it was only slightly more sore (Had shot about 60 hours ago). My mom had the moderna shots, no side effects.
A co-worker of mine has gotten pretty sick after the second shot (she is female for whatever that is worth).

Wow, people once again being inconsiderate selfish a holes. 😡 Not you, people making multiple appointments.

I think you're misunderstanding what folks are saying. How the scheduling is handled differs in every state. And in many states, it differs in every county within the state. In Pennsylvania, it's an absolute insane system. There is not a state-wide scheduling mechanism. Some counties in PA allow you to register for a shot in their county. However, the county health department doesn't control all of the shots issued in the county. Many of them are in pharmacies or in hospitals that made agreements with the federal government. So in those situations, you register with the county health department, but you also go out and register with the hospitals and pharmacies in your area. None of these are appointments -- you are just getting on multiple lists, and waiting around for the first one that contacts you.

Once you receive a shot, it is considerate (as @The Spin Meister indicated) to go back and un-register at the other locations. However, even if you don't do so, it's not as though you're being selfish, as all that would happen would be those other sites would either e-mail you or call you to say that they can schedule you for an appointment, and you tell them that you've already received a shot elsewhere.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I think you're misunderstanding what folks are saying. How the scheduling is handled differs in every state. And in many states, it differs in every county within the state. In Pennsylvania, it's an absolute insane system. There is not a state-wide scheduling mechanism. Some counties in PA allow you to register for a shot in their county. However, the county health department doesn't control all of the shots issued in the county. Many of them are in pharmacies or in hospitals that made agreements with the federal government. So in those situations, you register with the county health department, but you also go out and register with the hospitals and pharmacies in your area. None of these are appointments -- you are just getting on multiple lists, and waiting around for the first one that contacts you.

Once you receive a shot, it is considerate (as @The Spin Meister indicated) to go back and un-register at the other locations. However, even if you don't do so, it's not as though you're being selfish, as all that would happen would be those other sites would either e-mail you or call you to say that they can schedule you for an appointment, and you tell them that you've already received a shot elsewhere.
I think it is worse than that. Some are making multiple appointments. They have heard about cases earlier on that some locations ran out of vaccines and were turned away even if they were scheduled. I think these were a few isolated cases but as our great media is want, they made these cases big news and scared people. So now schedule multiple vaccinations.

Same thing happened. Sick as a dog. Glad it’s over because both shots made me sicker than actual Covid.

We are getting J&J next Saturday. Not really excited to be honest.
Why not? In two weeks I’ll be going to a restaurant. My wife and I are going to call up a couple and beg them to invite us to dinner. He’s an excellent cook and has a collection of sherry and port to die for. (@IrishHerb, one guess which couple.)

Practicing Dentist for 41 years, just got asked to provide Covid injections at CVIM here in State College. Greatest honor in my professional career.

Please don't tell me you're giving vaccine injections with one of these
carpool-syringe-for-local-dental-anesthesia-with-disposable-needles-picture-id1208220790

Reactions: psu00 and TheGLOV
Got second Moderna Wednesday ........I consider the symptoms I had mild. Sore arm . LOw grade fever for day and a half. Mild aches in shoulders etc.....funny how any 'old' injuries seemed to be the places it manifested. Worst/facinating part was the dark dark dreams with over arching Big Brother , Power of God etc........ Lookng forward to the excuse to support local businesses . Will wear a mask and be mindful.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
My wife, oldest son and myself got second pfizer jab 24 hours ago. First jab, wife and son had sore arm, no symptoms. I had neither. Jab 2, wife sore arm last nite, no soreness or symptoms for my son or I.
Youngest son had covid in December, he got first moderna jab few days ago on the 24th and had sore arm, no symptoms.

My parents, in their 80's, got both pfizer jabs in Feb, pain and symptom free both times. MIL(who is in NJ nursing home) had covid April 2020 and has every medical issue you can think of, got both pfizer in Jan and was pain and symptom free.

Youngest son that got shot on 24th is a VT Sr and got his shot at the Radford campus, he does not even have to make an appt for jab 2. They gave him a date window and told him to just walk in. Can you even imagine something that easy in PA.......

We truly feel fortunate, hope the same for all!!!!

Last edited:
Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday. My wife has been on me for a few weeks to get vaccinated (she was vaccinated in January) as we have a wedding in mid May that she said I have to be fully vaccinated by then just in case. So I finally gave in and said fine Friday early afternoon. An hour later she already had an appt. found for me. She just went onto Walgreens and CVS websites, found all stores within 60 minutes of our house and started calling them. About 10 stores in found one that. had like 12 appts. available all day Saturday. When I went to get the vaccine I asked how long they have been doing shots and she said this is week #2 so explained why so many openings.

Sore upper arm, never really bad. Still sore this morning although less then yesterday. No other symptons.

Please don't tell me you're giving vaccine injections with one of these
carpool-syringe-for-local-dental-anesthesia-with-disposable-needles-picture-id1208220790
Got second Moderna Wednesday ........I consider the symptoms I had mild. Sore arm . LOw grade fever for day and a half. Mild aches in shoulders etc.....funny how any 'old' injuries seemed to be the places it manifested. Worst/facinating part was the dark dark dreams with over arching Big Brother , Power of God etc........ Lookng forward to the excuse to support local businesses . Will wear a mask and be mindful.
Same here but would add really stuffed up head with ears effected
I hear you.

I felt same all these years sir.

I still NEVER have had a flu shot.

Well, except the CHINA virus flu shot!

;)
Ditto but last few years have gotten a flu shot and just got second moderne shot.Had a rough day on Friday got the shot on Thursday but Saturday woke up symptoms gone

Got the second Pfizer Wednesday. Asymptomatic both times, did not even feel especially tired with either dose. In contrast with my wife, who was down for the count for two days after each dose. Feel fortunate for no side effects.

Got my first Moderna vaccine 2 weeks ago and no problems at all. I expect that is true for most people. Only those that had problems are posting here.

Reactions: TheGLOV and brupsu
On Friday had my 5th vaccine in 5 months. Shingles #2 was not good and COVID #2 was much worse, much worse. So. As a member of the vaccine-a- month club I am able to pass discounts on if anyone would like to join.
The upside is I can now understand and speak Chinese and all numbers appear in binary code. I just wish I would loose the urge to smash all my Apple gear and the nightly dreams of Bill Gates would stop.

On Friday had my 5th vaccine in 5 months. Shingles #2 was not good and COVID #2 was much worse, much worse. So. As a member of the vaccine-a- month club I am able to pass discounts on if anyone would like to join.
The upside is I can now understand and speak Chinese and all numbers appear in binary code. I just wish I would loose the urge to smash all my Apple gear and the nightly dreams of Bill Gates would stop.

Bill who?

How did you find a list of all weis locations with appointments? I can get that list for many others but not Weis as the only thing I've found is to check by zip code.

There’s a drop down for state where you can select PA., and don’t enter a zip code.

There are many vaccine openings at Wellspan Health. Appointments in Chambersburg start Thursday April 1. In York they start Friday April 2 and in Gettysburg they start on Saturday April 3.

CVS site says there are openings at locations in Altoona, Erie, Jersey Shore, Milton, Somerset, and Towanda (as of 11am).

Also appointments available at-
-Pittston (Albert’s Pharmacy) starting Wed, March 31
-Jim Thorpe (March Chunk pharmacy) Tuesday March 30

Last edited:
Texas has opened up for all now. My wife got her 2nd Pfizer shot Saturday. It hit her a bit with headaches and chills. She still isn't feeling "normal" today, but certainly could be allergies, as everything is blooming again after that February freeze

I was going to wait awhile, to let others move ahead, but the supply is certainly out there now here in Texas I just logged into our local grocery chain vaccine site (HEB) and changed the settings for "25" mile radius and the "J&J vaccine". Got a ping in 45 minutes that a match was found, so I picked the day (tomorrow) and had a choice of 10 times. We'll see what the side affects present tomorrow. Hate to praise any government agency, but this has been handled quite nicely. My only complaint was that I have 2 co-workers (29 and 35) whom really jumped the line when it was early P1B phase. No underlying causes for them. They did it because it isn't checked at the vaccine place. The 35 year old has a friend that wrote a script to cull and book times for their entire group (including spouses and other friends). They technologically gamed the system for themselves, ahead of others much more deserving (and required). Good information for me to know that about them :(

Texas has opened up for all now. My wife got her 2nd Pfizer shot Saturday. It hit her a bit with headaches and chills. She still isn't feeling "normal" today, but certainly could be allergies, as everything is blooming again after that February freeze

I was going to wait awhile, to let others move ahead, but the supply is certainly out there now here in Texas I just logged into our local grocery chain vaccine site (HEB) and changed the settings for "25" mile radius and the "J&J vaccine". Got a ping in 45 minutes that a match was found, so I picked the day (tomorrow) and had a choice of 10 times. We'll see what the side affects present tomorrow. Hate to praise any government agency, but this has been handled quite nicely. My only complaint was that I have 2 co-workers (29 and 35) whom really jumped the line when it was early P1B phase. No underlying causes for them. They did it because it isn't checked at the vaccine place. The 35 year old has a friend that wrote a script to cull and book times for their entire group (including spouses and other friends). They technologically gamed the system for themselves, ahead of others much more deserving (and required). Good information for me to know that about them :(

TX does seem to have it going on right now. My first was at the local health department and was packed. The second was at the same HD and was not crowded at all. Should ramp the crowds back up now that it is open to all.

Knock on wood bu the numbers where I live have dropped a lot in a months time. So much they are only going to report numbers 3 days a week. which if you ask me is so they have decent numbers to report on. They were getting tired of not be able to spread the fear.

I got Pfizer #1 yesterday. No issue other than arm soreness at the injection site.

TX does seem to have it going on right now. My first was at the local health department and was packed. The second was at the same HD and was not crowded at all. Should ramp the crowds back up now that it is open to all.

Knock on wood bu the numbers where I live have dropped a lot in a months time. So much they are only going to report numbers 3 days a week. which if you ask me is so they have decent numbers to report on. They were getting tired of not be able to spread the fear.
I wanted to wait for the single shot, as I don't have the patience to wait in lines. But, the wife had her first one at a big clinic (100's of people checking in all the time), and it went through fast (I waited in the parking lot for her, listening to the BIG10 wrestling matches). Her second was Saturday at 3:00, but they told her she could come in at anytime during the day. She went in at noon and she said it was empty.

Had some friends at my ranch yesterday to celebrate their kids 5th birthday and talked to his grandparents (in their 70's). They did one of the car drive through vaccination places as they were P1A I believe). Biggest mistake they said, as once you got in line, you couldn;t get out. Took them 3 hours to get through, and their advice is to go to the bathroom before you get in an auto line!!!

I also believe I had Covid (actually pre-Corona days, when it was the Wuhan Flu) back in January 2020. I was in China for more than half the month, and got pretty sick (night sweats for 2 days and sore throat for over 7 days). I traveled across much of the east/southeast portions of the country. Remembering being in the Shanghai airport feeling really, really bad, waiting for a flight to Shenzhen. Thought I was going to be held up going into Hong Kong (they check your temperature going into the state there - and they have been for 5+ years) but I got through. At the HK airport, they were announcing that anybody with flu like symptoms, should report to the airport infirmity. I just bought some Chinese cough drops and along with a few shots of whiskey (not psuro amounts though), made it back fine. Been working in the office every day, and have had 5 of 10 co-workers here that have been diagnosed with Covid (1 was on the trip with me and also got sick there), so I really believe I have the immunity already

Right on the mark with that description of the Pennsylvania system. Haphazard at best. The state's rollout has been neither efficient nor consistent, to put it mildly.

That said, it seems like the logjam has finally broken. My wife, age 63, doesn't quite qualify for Tier 1A but was allowed by Weiss to put herself on the cancellation list at their pharmacy a few weeks ago. Out of the blue, she got a phone call just a few days later inviting her to go right over and get a shot. When she got there, she saw a whole bunch of people clearly younger than 65 also being vaccinated. Granted, they could have fit some other criteria but still.

Meanwhile, I got my second dose (Pfizer) yesterday, and the scene was very different from my first in early March when there was quite a crowd at the site. Yesterday, in contrast, they had three people dispensing shots and nobody in line when I arrived. Ended up being 10 minutes in and out. (I cheated on the post-shot observation regime.) At the door as I left they were handing out t-shirts that said: I got a vaccine and you didn't. I thought that was a little shaky but took one to be polite.

Some slight soreness at the injection point this morning but no other side effects. Knock on wood. Also, just kidding about the t-shirts.

Reactions: CentexLion
I really think that opening up to anybody over 50 right now is the right thing to do as they are still some level of vulnerable per the data and we really need to add a large amount of people to the register for vaccinations to fill up every slot.

Right on the mark with that description of the Pennsylvania system. Haphazard at best. The state's rollout has been neither efficient nor consistent, to put it mildly.

That said, it seems like the logjam has finally broken. My wife, age 63, doesn't quite qualify for Tier 1A but was allowed by Weiss to put herself on the cancellation list at their pharmacy a few weeks ago. Out of the blue, she got a phone call just a few days later inviting her to go right over and get a shot. When she got there, she saw a whole bunch of people clearly younger than 65 also being vaccinated. Granted, they could have fit some other criteria but still.

Meanwhile, I got my second dose (Pfizer) yesterday, and the scene was very different from my first in early March when there was quite a crowd at the site. Yesterday, in contrast, they had three people dispensing shots and nobody in line when I arrived. Ended up being 10 minutes in and out. (I cheated on the post-shot observation regime.) At the door as I left they were handing out t-shirts that said: I got a vaccine and you didn't. I thought that was a little shaky but took one to be polite.

Some slight soreness at the injection point this morning but no other side effects. Knock on wood. Also, just kidding about the t-shirts.
That’s a terrible t-shirt. There is so much angst and people desperately trying to get the vaccine that are very stressed out. Have seen people in tears over it. Who ever came up with that shirt should be fired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT