ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

Can you clarify? It sounds like you're saying your daughter got a vaccine shot in December and then tested positive for covid within the last week. Is that correct?

No vaccine. She had COVID the last week of December. Minor symptoms Monday that resolved. Sniffles and burning nose Thursday. No sense of smell Friday. Tested and received positive results that day. No symptoms by the end of the weekend. We're in the group of lucky ones I guess.

Got my second round of the Pfizer shot on Friday 8JAN2021. Like @katchthis i had delt soreness after the first shot but none after the second. Multiple people in my shop has legit symptoms after the second shot (not first). From fatigue and muscle soreness to straight up COVID symptoms for 3-4 days.

now I’m off to lick all the doorknobs I want....

Thanks. This is important. SCIENCE. o_O and all.

For the greater audience. Information sharing. Any side effects? Any issues?

got mine tonight. Wife got hers 3 days ago. No side effects or issues for her, nothing initially for me but I’ll report back if we get anything.
I got my shot last Tuesday, January 5th and my next shot is scheduled for February 1. It was the Moderna vaccine. Side effects: deep pain in my right deltoid for three days. Days 1 & 2 required two 500mg Tylenol two hours before bedtime. The skin on my lips got dry, hard and tight (no not like chapped lips). The skin on the center of my lower lip (dead center) looked like it had a paper cut. I moisturized my lips for three or four days until it went away. Broken sleep due to Terrible dreams. This is slowly improving. My boss has been out of work for three days since getting the shot.

I got my shot last Tuesday, January 5th and my next shot is scheduled for February 1. It was the Moderna vaccine. Side effects: deep pain in my right deltoid for three days. Days 1 & 2 required two 500mg Tylenol two hours before bedtime. The skin on my lips got dry, hard and tight (no not like chapped lips). The skin on the center of my lower lip (dead center) looked like it had a paper cut. I moisturized my lips for three or four days until it went away. Broken sleep due to Terrible dreams. This is slowly improving. My boss has been out of work for three days since getting the shot.
Wow, other than mildly to moderately sore arms, there have been no such reports with the Moderna vaccine here at my place of work.

Wow, other than mildly to moderately sore arms, there have been no such reports with the Moderna vaccine here at my place of work.
I understand that not everyone experienced side effects, and I cannot say definitively that my dry lips and nightmares were directly related to the vaccine. It’s only a guess due to the timing of my shot. My side effects will not deter me from getting the second shot on 2/1. I want my life and this country to get back to “normal”.

Did they warn people not to take tylenol or advil or motrin a day or 2 before they get vaccinated? They believe acetaminophen and ibuprofen may reduce the vaccines ability to work and blunt your immune response. It is OK to take tylenol or advil after you get vaccinated, if needed.

My daughter, in her 2nd year of nursing school and doing "clinicals" in local hospitals, got her first shot (Pfizer) in late December, and the only side-effect was soreness for a day at the injection site.

Early this morning she got the second dose and so far has felt zero ill effects though the potential is still there, probably until tomorrow.

She told us that some hospitals in her area have been overwhelmed by Covid patients...to the point of stacking them in the ER while waiting for beds to free up.

Meanwhile, we had a little scare of our own as my wife developed symptoms (not severe) and was tested. Results came back negative today, so she can finally leave the basement. Haha!

Actually they told her to use a separate bedroom and bathroom, but honestly, I said the heck with it, I've already been exposed anyway. In any case, all a false alarm.

I saw yesterday where the government has released the entire vaccine supply in response to the critical conditions in many areas of the country and has also changed the guidance, moving all those age 65 and over to the top of the list. Don't know if the states have fallen in line yet, but if so, I guess I'll see if I can sign up somewhere.

Up to now I've taken a pretty fatalistic approach to this thing and stayed lucky. However, the scare with my wife has me rethinking. My daughter the nurse is urging me to get it as soon as possible.

Reactions: katchthis
No vaccine. She had COVID the last week of December. Minor symptoms Monday that resolved. Sniffles and burning nose Thursday. No sense of smell Friday. Tested and received positive results that day. No symptoms by the end of the weekend. We're in the group of lucky ones I guess.
Oh, this thread is about the vaccine and it's side effects. So your post was confusing.

Did they warn people not to take tylenol or advil or motrin a day or 2 before they get vaccinated? They believe acetaminophen and ibuprofen may reduce the vaccines ability to work and blunt your immune response. It is OK to take tylenol or advil after you get vaccinated, if needed.
They never mentioned any of this to us. I only remember them asking me when I got my flu vaccine, I told them it was the third week of November, which was ok.

Here is the latest Q&A with Dr Paul Offit, UPENN, virologist, and co-developer of the Rotavirus vaccine. A lot of the questions asked here are answered. It's a bit long, but a lot of good info. 7 million people have been given the vaccine. Between the vaccine and natural immunity things should really be looking up by summer. Right now vaccinating 500k per day, 1-1.5 million doses/day certainly possible. Why 2 shots ? J&J vs Moderna and Pfizer, which is the way to go.

They never mentioned any of this to us. I only remember them asking me when I got my flu vaccine, I told them it was the third week of November, which was ok.

Yeah, they ask if flu vaccine within the last 2 or 3 weeks. I guess they want to have some time between them if you got the normal flu vaccine.

got mine tonight. Wife got hers 3 days ago. No side effects or issues for her, nothing initially for me but I’ll report back if we get anything.
I got it yesterday. Very sore arm....feel a little off today but nothing major. Could be a coincidence.

Got first Moderna dose yesterday afternoon. Very mild soreness at injection site today, no big deal at all, otherwise no side effects.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
I received my first vaccination on Friday. It was the Moderna vaccine. Absolutely no side effects, no sore arm. I have been told that there is greater chance of some side effects with the second dose. It seems that less problems with the Moderna vaccine versus Pfizer. I was able to get it quickly as I work directly with patients. My opinion - please do not hesitate in getting vaccinated. Anyone that thinks this is a hoax or will pass needs to visit an ER or ICU unit.
Got my 1st one yesterday (Pfzier), as I too work in hospitals, though not hands on patient care, but do work around patients and staff. Arm is sore. No other issues @ this time. 2nd vaccination next month.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
With Governor Hogan putting Maryland in Phase 1 B which includes teachers starting on Monday I would assume I would get it sometime next week

Same here. They asked me if I had any other vaccinations in the last 14 days. No questions about Tylonel or Advil taken prior to vaccination.

With Governor Hogan putting Maryland in Phase 1 B which includes teachers starting on Monday I would assume I would get it sometime next week
Just out of curiosity, who is communicating next steps to you? And do you think you willl get the vaccine from your primary care physician, at a CVS/Walgreens/etc..., or at a mass-vaccination area such as fairgrounds or a hospital?

My son got Pfizer vax the day after Christmas. He is a trauma surgeon. He said no side effects including no arm pain that could have impacted his work. His fiancé got it and had some arm pain and chills for a day.

My 84 year old mother who is on SS and has platinum health insurance can’t get vaccinated. Every time I try to Register her the website is either down or they reached full capacity for that particular day. Governor Murphy received nearly 700K doses, to date has administered about 45% of those doses and still he has residents jumping through hoops because of bureaucratic poo poo.

My 84 year old mother who is on SS and has platinum health insurance can’t get vaccinated. Every time I try to Register her the website is either down or they reached full capacity for that particular day. Governor Murphy received nearly 700K doses, to date has administered about 45% of those doses and still he has residents jumping through hoops because of bureaucratic poo poo.

RU21trap. call up the local Shoprite or Walgreens/CVS and see if they have vaccinations and try to get appt. Talk to the pharmacist. My wife did that and with some begging two days later had her first shot last weekend.

RU21trap. call up the local Shoprite or Walgreens/CVS and see if they have vaccinations and try to get appt. Talk to the pharmacist. My wife did that and with some begging two days later had her first shot last weekend.
This vaccine rollout is another example of how government very often can’t do what we need it to do.

Will do. Thank you!!!!

I received the the first Moderna shot late yesterday afternoon. The shot itself isn't bad. I've had some that I barely felt, and some that felt like they had done it with a nail gun; this was closer to the former than the later. As for side effects, I had some soreness in my shoulder and felt a little off all day, but that was about it. At this point, I feel pretty much like I always feel - not great, but fine for a guy my age.

My wife who is a registered nurse received the vaccine with no negative side effects.

Both Germany and Norway is reporting some deaths as a result of the vaccine. This is for elderly patients who were edge cases. They stress that you should take the vaccine unless your Dr. says otherwise.

Scheduled for my first shot on Friday. Unknown if Pfizer or Moderna. Interestingly, in my area, they have commandeered the fieldhouse of the local SUNY campus and sent in the National Guard to administer doses. Rumor is that the local hospital system, who was initially supposed to administer locally, had this privilege revoked by the state due to rampant misallocation. Cuomo did threaten exactly this a while ago, but nothing publicly confirms it. Nevertheless, I believe this rumor, as I personally reported then to public health and my congressperson when one of the hospital's obviously non front line staffers, a non-physician recruiter in the HR department, bragged to me for ten minutes about how his whole office just got their first shots about a month ago. In the meantime, about 35 deaths of long term care residents have occurred. Would love to see some people cuffed, charged, publicly shamed over this, but I digress.

Anyone else getting vaccinated by the National Guard in their area?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Both Germany and Norway is reporting some deaths as a result of the vaccine. This is for elderly patients who were edge cases. They stress that you should take the vaccine unless your Dr. says otherwise.

The Norwegian drug agency on Monday wanted medical authorities in the country NOT to administer the COVID-19 vaccine to TERMINALLY ILL patients because a small number of elderly people have died after receiving the vaccine in recent days. The agency examined 13 cases, average age 86, with 6 being terminally ill, and 11 suffering from dementia and serious comorbidities. ---1/19/21 WSJ

The Norwegian drug agency on Monday wanted medical authorities in the country NOT to administer the COVID-19 vaccine to TERMINALLY ILL patients because a small number of elderly people have died after receiving the vaccine in recent days. The agency examined 13 cases, average age 86, with 6 being terminally ill, and 11 suffering from dementia and serious comorbidities. ---1/19/21 WSJ

Norway said none of the deaths are related to the vaccine though.

I’m eligible to get the first shot of the Moderna vaccine this coming Thursday, but I am on the fence about doing so. It’s mainly due to the fact that my wife and I are trying to start a family and are unsure as to the effects it may have on fertility and possible side effects down the road. We have been trying to keep ourselves as educated as possible on this topic, but it is a very tough decision for us to make.

Reactions: PSUfiji
Updating my personal Pfizer vaccine report- One week out from second shot, no problems at all. Hearing from medical colleagues that with the second dose, mild flu like symptoms are more common than the first dose. Read an article reporting that the antibody production after the second dose is typically well beyond that noted after a wild infection, so some folks with minor side effects is understandable.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUfiji
Anyone had the vaccine who thought this was “just the flu”
Bad and sad all that's been going on in the world corona virus related.

Tomorrow I should be receiving an " unblinded " call from a Pfizer Vaccine study representative. ( a double blind study)
Am expecting an answer to whether as a study participant I received the vaccine or the placebo.
And from there, will see if I qualify to stay in their two year long study.

See what happens tomorrow.

Bad and sad all that's been going on in the world corona virus related.

Tomorrow I should be receiving an " unblinded " call from a Pfizer Vaccine study representative. ( a double blind study)
Am expecting an answer to whether as a study participant I received the vaccine or the placebo.
And from there, will see if I qualify to stay in their two year long study.

See what happens tomorrow.

My cousin just told us she is part of a current study. Won't know what she got for a few more weeks.

My cousin just told us she is part of a current study. Won't know what she got for a few more weeks.
My belief is Pfizer has been 5 star with their email updates to study participants.
3-4 weeks ago I thought I'd get my yea //nay info late April.
Then a recent email changed things.

Cool re your cuz
Hope she got the vaccine and tell her she's a " doubley "special person.

,,,cheers

Reactions: bison13
My son got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine today. Very mild discomfort at the injection site but no other side effects. Will update if this changes in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT