ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

2:15 in the afternoon Christmas Day, Pfizer/BioNtec in the left deltoid. Barely felt it, less than usual flu shot
second Pfizer 8 days ago. Had intense reaction in lymph nodes in arm pit in the arm I got the shot for about 3 days. Swollen, active, kinda painful, but not to bad. Which I find reassuring as this vaccine clearly activating immune system. Nothing systemic or constitutional. Today I went and got a haircut at my barbers for the first time in a year........

My wife got her second shot of Moderna today. She had soreness after the first shot, but nothing else. After this one, she’s up in bed sick and everyone she works with that got their second shots today all feel sick as well. We’ll see how she feels tomorrow.

Scheduled to get my first on Sunday. It’s the Moderna vaccine. Hopeful it goes well

As a social worker with CWS, we are considered "essential workers" but will not get the vaccine for another two weeks here in Hawaii.
As a Hawaiian native, can you explain the travel deal... it is rather confusing.

As I read it, if we are traveling to your island with a stop in, say, LA.... we need to get and PASS the test provided at LAX. That means we need to book enough time into our layover to allow us to find the covid test shop and get it done.

It also means if we test positive, we are unable to fly anwhere and are left to "vacation" in LA since no one would let us fly after a positive (and could be false positive, but good luck with that).

What made no sense was what if we test clean in LA but then pick it up on the flight to HLL?? Are we tested yet again in Hawaii? And if we fail, there's a 10 day quarantine?

So could we fly non-stop from miami with a test prior to the flight... such that if we fail the test at least we can drive home and quarantine there?

I'm asking because I have close family that thinks they can just go to Hawaii... and I think only the rich and famous who have homes there can make that so.

Your thoughts welcome!

Most importantly, you cannot untake it. There were a handful of cases of Bells Palsy in the UK, which sometimes clears up and sometimes it doesn't.
Boy, that sums it up so well. You CANNOT untake it. Once it's in there, you own it. Good luck.

My wife got her second shot of Moderna today. She had soreness after the first shot, but nothing else. After this one, she’s up in bed sick and everyone she works with that got their second shots today all feel sick as well. We’ll see how she feels tomorrow.
The wife woke up this morning feeling fine and off to work, so that’s good news for vaccine folks.

my parents and in-laws (both in mid 70s) all did some work on line, found where to sign up, and all 4 got appointments. In NJ they got them within a week of signing up. In Pa, it was 16 days out so late first week of February. So seems that if you are in that 75 and older category, you can get the vaccine now.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Boy, that sums it up so well. You CANNOT untake it. Once it's in there, you own it. Good luck.
There was also Bell's palsy cases in the placebo group, and there is Bell's palsy if you get COVID-19. Not enough cases to strongly suggest a correlation with the vaccine causing the palsy. So if you are looking for reasons not to vaccinate, you can scratch this off the list.

second Pfizer 8 days ago. Had intense reaction in lymph nodes in arm pit in the arm I got the shot for about 3 days. Swollen, active, kinda painful, but not to bad. Which I find reassuring as this vaccine clearly activating immune system. Nothing systemic or constitutional. Today I went and got a haircut at my barbers for the first time in a year........

Really a whole year. I have been 4 times since the summer when they opened back up.

Really a whole year. I have been 4 times since the summer when they opened back up.
multiple home made haircuts, which had a cumulative negative impact on my hair!! Once was in line for vaccine, waited and let it grow out so barber could repair the self inflicted damage

• Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji
multiple home made haircuts, which had a cumulative negative impact on my hair!! Once was in line for vaccine, waited and let it grow out so barber could repair the self inflicted damage
Seemed like quite a few small operators were doing home/garage based cuts over the shut down period. Funny to see a few of my friends with really long hair. Gillette is my barber so no problem for me.

Seemed like quite a few small operators were doing home/garage based cuts over the shut down period. Funny to see a few of my friends with really long hair. Gillette is my barber so no problem for me.
My wife has been cutting my hair for 40 years. While I realize that she is incentivized to make me look bad to other women, I think she knows that I don't need her help for that.

Bad and sad all that's been going on in the world corona virus related.

Tomorrow I should be receiving an " unblinded " call from a Pfizer Vaccine study representative. ( a double blind study)
Am expecting an answer to whether as a study participant I received the vaccine or the placebo.
And from there, will see if I qualify to stay in their two year long study.

See what happens tomorrow.

Both of my parents (early 70s) also enrolled in the Pfizer trial and both confirmed vaccine recently. Good luck to you...

Reactions: katchthis
Both of my parents (early 70s) also enrolled in the Pfizer trial and both confirmed vaccine recently. Good luck to you...
Congrats to your parents!
I believe Pfizer said it best in one of their Participant study e-mails; volunteers are/were "courageous and special people. Pfizer Kudos comment,am sure,includes all
Moderna ,JnJ,Astra Zeneca + other Pharmacy company participants.

At this moment still surfing the net while waiting for my "Unblinding " telephone call from Pfizer rep. Will see what it's all about.

,,,cheers

Reactions: katchthis
I just scheduled mine with WellSpan health because of non-COVID risk factor. Who knew large penis size was a risk factor? Anyway, date is March 30th, with option to take earlier spot if one becomes available.

can anyone post the Medical Release form you have to sign in order to get the Vaccine injection?
Thank you.

I don't have a copy, but the form I signed was close to stock with one or two questions about whether I had had the virus or was experiencing any symptoms. The rest of the questions were about my health, any recent medical treatments, and allergies.

Reactions: eidolon21
can anyone post the Medical Release form you have to sign in order to get the Vaccine injection?
Thank you.
If you are referring to an informed consent form, there was not one for me. There was a Pfizer handout on the vaccine given to me beforehand to review.

Thank you.
did not sign any form. There was questionnaire about symptoms and allergies and disclosure of expected side effects. They listed the chemical names of the lipofectin ingredients in full chemical nomenclature. But did not sign a form

Do you get a card or something indicating that you have had one and then two shots?

Do you get a card or something indicating that you have had one and then two shots?
Yes there was a CDC COVID-19 vaccination form. There is a place for stickers from each of your shots with the lot #. Of course the damn card is too big to fit in your wallet unfolded. It could easily be credit card sized as the stickers are really small, but it is about 3x4 inches in size.

I was on the fence but my kids pressured me to signup. I was on the fence and don't usually jump in line to get vaccines but since I know so many adversely effected by covid, even some that died, I figure the effects of vax can't be any worse they getting Covid and having something happen to me since we don't know how it will effect me. I became eligible when they expanded Phase I cause I am fat. Scheduled today, appt 3 weeks out, I was planning to wait until last phase but kids apparently like having me around. :cool:

I just scheduled mine with WellSpan health because of non-COVID risk factor. Who knew large penis size was a risk factor? Anyway, date is March 30th, with option to take earlier spot if one becomes available.
Wellspan did a really nice job preparing for this. Their site was immediately up and running the day the 1A group was expanded. They had 22 locations you could choose from to receive the vaccine all on a centralized site. There were a ton of times at all centers to choose from including evenings and weekends. They are currently full but they were on the ball and very organized.

Can’t say the same for UPMC/ Pinnacle and the Penn St Hershey centers. They appear to have been caught flat footed with a ‘we don’t know when we can schedule anyone- check back later’ approach.

Well done Wellspan.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
My initial injection is scheduled for Feb 4th at a newly opened super site at Giants Stadium. Getting appointments have been a hit and miss exercise. I had been trying for 3 weeks.

Reactions: bdgan
Received second dose this week. First one caused some swelling and pain of my shoulder for two days. Second one hit me quite a bit harder. Basically, I had severe pain in the shoulder, and couldn't put on my shirt or coat without a lot of groaning and wincing. Felt tired and flu-like symptoms for 24 hours. Shoulder is improved, but still painful with turning and lifting beyond 90 degrees. I still believe that it is a bargain. I know there is still a lot we don't know, but I feel as though a weight has been removed.

The father of one of my daughters good friends is a surgeon. He took the second dose and it knocked him out and he is currently in bed now. My daughter said that he was "paralyzed" which is undoubtedly an exaggeration.

The father of one of my daughters good friends is a surgeon. He took the second dose and it knocked him out and he is currently in bed now. My daughter said that he was "paralyzed" which is undoubtedly an exaggeration.
Don't be telling me that 🥶

Reactions: dailybuck777
Bad and sad all that's been going on in the world corona virus related.

Tomorrow I should be receiving an " unblinded " call from a Pfizer Vaccine study representative. ( a double blind study)
Am expecting an answer to whether as a study participant I received the vaccine or the placebo.
And from there, will see if I qualify to stay in their two year long study.

See what happens tomorrow.

In the update dept.: Got a call from a Pfizer rep yesterday.
Asked if I wanted to continue being A member of their two year study program:
I said fine.

Then said I'd be getting a call on Monday from the authorized Pfizer "Unblinding" spokesperson re the shots I received months ago.
Would have the Vaccine or Placebo answer for me.

If it was the Placebo, then I'd start getting the Vaccine shots later in the week.

,,,cheers and
Stay 😷Safe😷

I’m on 3 separate waiting lists in Colorado to be notified when I can get it. 70 and above are to get it now. I am 71 and hoping I get notified in the next week or 2. Vaccine shortage for now slowing down the process.

I’m looking for a location that has it available. I’m 72 and the only place I’ve located is only providing it to those over 75. Anyone know of a location in SE Pa or vicinity? Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT