ADVERTISEMENT

COVID gratuitous dumpster fire thread

THEY ARE EXPIRED! Before thanksgiving! September!!! Would you like him to issue them and they give false positive or false negatives and someone blame the fact they are out of code? Seriously?
Seriously? Where do you get your info? Those batches of tests expired between Dec. 26 and Dec. 30th. That has been verified by the State of Florida Health Department and the office of the Governor. Wow

That was after the extension, also, there were not people waiting 4.5 hours then, the 7 day avergare positive testing then was 17,000, not the 50,000 now.

That was after the extension, also, there were not people waiting 4.5 hours then, the 7 day avergare positive testing then was 17,000, not the 50,000 now.
So....you admit the tests were Officially approved....not expired as of November & December as you falsely claimed but approved until Dec, 26-30 but never given out. THANK YOU......No further questions your honor :). So the average testing was in the 45,000 range before Christmas but STILL never set out the test kits. Your diversions around facts is sad

Last edited:

The stupidity is mind boggling on so many levels

Unfortunately the hysteria and mass delusion that leads to this kind of thinking has affected 1/2 the country to varying degrees.

Could be worse. We could be Australia or New Zealand. They are well above the 80% threshold.

Rumor has it, she teaches a class on logic and critical thinking.

The stupidity is mind boggling on so many levels

Unfortunately the hysteria and mass delusion that leads to this kind of thinking has affected 1/2 the country to varying degrees.

Could be worse. We could be Australia or New Zealand. They are well above the 80% threshold.

Rumor has it, she teaches a class on logic and critical thinking.
Glad to see we are finally in agreement :).....danged that woman is dumb. I would rather her be teaching logic than a Health Class :)

About friggin time. Hard to believe the NCAA grew a set.

In time Omicron parties may not seem so far fetched.
Interesting since the very first American to Die of Omicron had already had an earlier version of Covid-19. Certainly not a large enough sample to make any broad conclusions. That said.......it won't be long before those contracting Covid-19 in the last 90 days will almost assuredly have been infected with the Omicron variation. Still an interesting decision. As far as Omicron parties.....might want to hold off or at least have an asterisk. 94% of current Hospitalizations for Covid-19 infections are among the unvaccinated compared to the triple vaccinated. 95% of deaths are among the Unvaccinated compared to the triple vaccinated. That is 17X more likely to be hospitalized and 20X more likely to die. Full disclosure.....a recent study determined that Unvaccinated were only 13X more likely to be hospitalized compared to anyone just considered vaccinated. In any event.......the Omicron party should not be for the unvaccinated.

Interesting since the very first American to Die of Omicron had already had an earlier version of Covid-19. Certainly not a large enough sample to make any broad conclusions. That said.......it won't be long before those contracting Covid-19 in the last 90 days will almost assuredly have been infected with the Omicron variation. Still an interesting decision. As far as Omicron parties.....might want to hold off or at least have an asterisk. 94% of current Hospitalizations for Covid-19 infections are among the unvaccinated compared to the triple vaccinated. 95% of deaths are among the Unvaccinated compared to the triple vaccinated. That is 17X more likely to be hospitalized and 20X more likely to die. Full disclosure.....a recent study determined that Unvaccinated were only 13X more likely to be hospitalized compared to anyone just considered vaccinated. In any event.......the Omicron party should not be for the unvaccinated.
Please show me the data on the likely hood of the above if you have had Covid but not vaccinated

You’re not calling 2 doses “unvaccinated” now are you?

Interesting that the NCAA is recognizing natural immunity which few places have, but also saying you’re only fully vaccinated for 5 months from Pfizer dose 2. I haven’t seen much data to suggest there is as much waning for that age group, even against infection and we know there is very little if any waning against hospitalization.

You’re not calling 2 doses “unvaccinated” now are you?

Interesting that the NCAA is recognizing natural immunity which few places have, but also saying you’re only fully vaccinated for 5 months from Pfizer dose 2. I haven’t seen much data to suggest there is as much waning for that age group, even against infection and we know there is very little if any waning against hospitalization.
Of course not. The numbers were a comparison between those with 2 shots plus a booster (triple vaxxed ) vs those who had no vaccination at all. The 13x data did not specify if they were triple vaxxed so I disclosed that they were just listed as vaccinated. It was a comparison to those receiving no vaccination. As always I was just trying to be accurate.

Please show me the data on the likely hood of the above if you have had Covid but not vaccinated
I said quite clearly that this was one case....the first case. They didn't mention which Covid-19 the man had previously....only that was in the first couple months of the initial wave. For any data to be useful....they would need to identify which variant they previously had. The data I presented was a comparison between those triple vaxxed to those completely unvaccinated. No mention if either the vaccinated or unvaccinated had caught Covid-19 previously. Since it only compared triple vaxxed in the data it certainly indicates the data was collected fairly recently.

Just got over the Covid. I was vaxxed in April 2021 no booster. Getting over the Covid was being isolated from my family for 5 days. The sickness was no more then a mild fever for a day and a runny nose.

I said quite clearly that this was one case....the first case. They didn't mention which Covid-19 the man had previously....only that was in the first couple months of the initial wave. For any data to be useful....they would need to identify which variant they previously had. The data I presented was a comparison between those triple vaxxed to those completely unvaccinated. No mention if either the vaccinated or unvaccinated had caught Covid-19 previously. Since it only compared triple vaxxed in the data it certainly indicates the data was collected fairly recently.
So in short.... its not worth much at all

The data included hundreds of thousands of Covid hospitalizations across the country. So in short...... it is exactly the opposite of "not much at all"

The data included hundreds of thousands of Covid hospitalizations across the country. So in short...... it is exactly the opposite of "not much at all" Wow
No it only pulls what helps the narrative that they are looking for! How can you NOT look at what's going on we the people that have got COVID and are not vaxed What ever...lets see what comes out over the next few months

I've made a point not to shed much opinion on the Covid firestorm but after reading some opinion and medical details I want to share some of my thoughts. I apologize for the length of statement .
First of all, I did note during this past Easter I tested positive in between shots. I had a nasty headache and low grade fever for about 5 days. I tested negative 8 days after my positive test. My 25 year daughter who is in Penn State law school actually got it before me but her condition got worse. Her oxygen dropped below 90% and was hospitalized. She was put on oxygen (not ventilator) for 5 days and released. She was an avid runner but to this day does not have cardio to run as she did before.
Personally I have seen the impact Covid has caused. My wife's best friend, who also had RA ,died from it. I also own a Memorial business and have seen the aftermath of people who have passed away. Without doubt, a portion of the deaths affected people with pre existing conditions. It also has caused families to lose loved ones who were rather healthy individuals. The 2 common traits on the majority of the deceased seems to be pre existing health issues or choosing not to vaccinate.
I now believe Medically/Politically that the direction of the Vax campaign should change from a preventive theme, to a choice in preventing severe illness. You can't sell the public on preventive if it's not preventing.
COVID-19 has become not just a physical virus but it now has caused a psychological toll on our country which was built on freedoms. The current Omicron variant is sharing the same narrative as the Alpha,Beta and Delta variants. However if Omicron would have happened 3 years ago, we would be saying that there is "a bad cold or flu going around". At some point the public wants normalcy and I'm starting to see a society that is starting to wear out from the limitations.
We, as a country, better start pulling the rope together. That includes the public, politicians and medical field.
I just hope I get to see my first PSU home match against Nebraska before campus limitations.🤞

Last edited:
If, somehow, one of our key wrestlers tests positive for COVID and has to miss NCAAs and the reason is they have chosen not to be fully vaccinated or that they were practicing with guys from NLWC who have chosen not to be vaccinated, then I will be SO PISSED OFF. On the other hand, they will essentially have contributed to their own fate through their own decisions, so there is some type of cosmic Karma occurring there. However, I will be SO PISSED!

If, somehow, one of our key wrestlers tests positive for COVID and has to miss NCAAs and the reason is they have chosen not to be fully vaccinated or that they were practicing with guys from NLWC who have chosen not to be vaccinated, then I will be SO PISSED OFF. On the other hand, they will essentially have contributed to their own fate through their own decisions, so there is some type of cosmic Karma occurring there. However, I will be SO PISSED!
Is karma part of the science now?

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I see this dumpster fire is still burning. I sit and contemplate at least five minutes everyday just staring at the title of this thread urging myself to just scroll by but nooooo I just have to come on and explore the mindless bulls... That people come up with that doesn't change a thing. What a cluster f... This thread has become. Can we transfer this whole thread to hr or do they have their own lmfao

I see this dumpster fire is still burning. I sit and contemplate at least five minutes everyday just staring at the title of this thread urging myself to just scroll by but nooooo I just have to come on and explore the mindless bulls... That people come up with that doesn't change a thing. What a cluster f... This thread has become. Can we transfer this whole thread to hr or do they have their own lmfao
I typically stay away from this thread. I came across the NCAA article about Covid guidelines. I looked at it quickly and it sparked me to comment. Adding to my want to opinionate is the fact that our community just had a 54 year old die from it and a one time bowling teammate is now on a ventilator and I think he's about 48. Both chose not to vaccinate.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Well like they say it's better to get pissed off than pissed on.. btw I think all students at psu have to be vacxed, correct me if I'm wrong (on the vacxed part)

giphy.gif

How will you know a) if they're vaccinated or b) if they caught it from an unvaccinated teammate? Everyone that I've talked to in the last 4-8 weeks who caught covid has been vaccinated and everyone in their household, who is eligible, has been vaccinated. The Pfizer CEO has come out and said the current vaccine isn't effective against Omicron, except for severity. But severity isn't going to keep a wrestler from wrestling, a positive test is. The other hint that the current vaccine isn't effective against catching it is Pfizer says the Omicron vaccine will be ready in March.

Here is my family's history with covid:
Oldest son: 100% symptom-free case in December 2020, vaxxed in June, hasn't caught it, that we know of, since
Middle son: Symptomatic case, vaxxed, boosted, symptomatic case
Youngest son: Vaxxed, symptomatic case
Wife: Vaxxed, boosted, symptomatic case
Me: Vaxxed, symptomatic case

Tell me a) how good this vaccine is against catching it and b) how I can blame an unvaxxed person for catching it?

Finally, with a country that is 60% vaxxed, cases should be going down, right? Yet, here we are with daily new cases at a rate 3 times higher than we've seen during the whole pandemic.

Last edited:
Oldest son: 100% symptom-free case in December 2020, vaxxed in June, hasn't caught it since

Finally, with a country that is 60% vaxxed, cases should be going down, right? Yet, here we are with daily new cases at a rate 3 times higher than we've seen during the whole pandemic.
Question and comment, comment first, there are countries that are 85 to 95% vaxxed and boosted and they are having explosions of cases.
Question, since your son’s case was symptom free how do you know he has had no more? Is he tested weekly, and if so, why?

Question and comment, comment first, there are countries that are 85 to 95% vaxxed and boosted and they are having explosions of cases.
Question, since your son’s case was symptom free how do you know he has had no more? Is he tested weekly, and if so, why?
That's an excellent point, and I will edit my post. He has been tested once since the asymptomatic case and it was negative. The asymptomatic case was caught through a pre work physical.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
It’s been two years now and it’s clear that some people aren’t gonna get vaccinated no matter what. I’m pretty over lockdowns, remote schooling, etc. I dgaf anymore bc we’ve been vaccinated. We all know by now if we’re in the high risk category. If you get it and you’ve been vaccinated then your odds are pretty good. If you get it and you haven’t been vaccinated, too bad, so sad. My cousin passed in Oct from it and as you can guess, he was really overweight and unvaccinated. It is what is, fellas.

These vaccines won’t keep you from getting Covid but I definitely believe they can keep you from dying of Covid. Nothing works 100 percent of the time, though. If you’re old, or fat, or diabetic, then it would probably be in your best interests.

Not trying to change anyone’s mind, just tossing in my two cents.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I think that the evidence is pretty clear that the "vaccines" are acting more as a measure against suffering severe symptoms rather than a prevention against infection. Is that what we all signed up for? Certainly not, but I'm still glad I am vaccinated and boosted. I had a classic symptomatic case of Covid in October 2020. Vaccinated and boosted in 2021. Have I probably had a re-infection? I'd bet yes. 15 years of wrestling made me a tough guy. Before I had to quarantine for my Covid case, I missed one day of work for illness in 35 years. So there have been times I felt under the weather, but I said screw it I'm vaccinated so I'm good. That is how I'm going to continue to live. Do I shame people that aren't vaccinated? No, but I don't believe they have the right to socialize if they don't feel 100%. I think Omicron is natures way of vaccinating everyone. Easy spread, not as lethal. Hopefully it puts a cap on this and we can go back to having colds and flues and wrestling tournaments without the fear of being locked out of a once in a lifetime opportunity. I mean, what weighs heavier on an athlete's health? A round of covid, or missing an opportunity to fulfill a lifelong dream? Maybe ask Lee Kemp.

I think that the evidence is pretty clear that the "vaccines" are acting more as a measure against suffering severe symptoms rather than a prevention against infection. Is that what we all signed up for? Certainly not, but I'm still glad I am vaccinated and boosted. I had a classic symptomatic case of Covid in October 2020. Vaccinated and boosted in 2021. Have I probably had a re-infection? I'd bet yes. 15 years of wrestling made me a tough guy. Before I had to quarantine for my Covid case, I missed one day of work for illness in 35 years. So there have been times I felt under the weather, but I said screw it I'm vaccinated so I'm good. That is how I'm going to continue to live. Do I shame people that aren't vaccinated? No, but I don't believe they have the right to socialize if they don't feel 100%. I think Omicron is natures way of vaccinating everyone. Easy spread, not as lethal. Hopefully it puts a cap on this and we can go back to having colds and flues and wrestling tournaments without the fear of being locked out of a once in a lifetime opportunity. I mean, what weighs heavier on an athlete's health? A round of covid, or missing an opportunity to fulfill a lifelong dream? Maybe ask Lee Kemp.
We have become a society scared of everything. Coward is cool.

I regret that post (and coming in here because I've been exhausted by this topic for a year and a half). I regret that post because I consider you a very good poster and member of this board. And I don't have enough experience in this "thread", and have no intention of gaining that experience, to know what is real vs tongue in cheek.
I'll just state my own opinions of the shitshow that has been our covid response. Whether our President has been the "nasty tweet" dude, or the current "senile zombie" dude, it has not gone well. I'm one of those ancient middle of the road types who is astonished that either got elected. I suppose getting a vaccine so quickly could be deemed a success depending on your view of its effectiveness.
As for the CDC and our government in general, I have no faith at all in what they say. Mask, no mask, over and over again. If I had one wish for the next 10 years, it would be to see Fauci in an orange jump suit (and I'm of Italian descent and was initially proud of this idiot). A year ago, anyone suggesting that the virus came from a Wuhan lab could actually be removed from social media. Now, it is accepted by the "State" media, that this is plausible. And anybody with any common sense can read Fauci's word salad and deflections to know that we funded their research.
Two things in your post that set me off. "Trust the science". Firstly, I don't trust the people in charge of "the science" AT ALL. Secondly, I have a BSEE with a minor in physics. So no, I'm not claiming I'm a scientist, but I've been in that neighborhood. Science is to be questioned, most importantly, by scientists. There is no unified "The science". Anybody who disagrees with "The Science" is discredited and silenced. Not sent to gulags just yet, but censored (for now).
Secondly, and maybe this was intentionally over the top on your part, you wrote with absolute certainty that a large group of people would not have contracted the virus had they had the proper masks on. Do they not have to remove the masks to eat? Could they have been handshaking? Not washing their hands? I found that statement as pushing the narrative on your part. Again, I've lost all trust for both sides, so this isn't political for me. The next President I vote for will be the one who promises to (at the very lest) fire Fauci.
Respectfully.
How anyone can support censorship or the ability to question anyone or anything, is absolutely beyond me. This is a pandemic and these people are not Gods.

You do realize the HC Public Health specifically stated she could not say this man died from Covid.

“We cannot confirm that the patient died of COVID, but we can say that he was Omicron positive at the time of his death,” said Marquez.

TangSoo, what do you think are Fauci’s motives? I’m just gonna use Occam’s razor.

a_mshaffer, absolutely nobody thinks cowardice is cool. Shoot, we just pulled our kids out of a 20-year war that didn’t even require a draft. We’re not weaker as a society.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT