ADVERTISEMENT

Coquese Washington out

How long until the obligatory "Nationwide Search" press release?

It's mentioned in the article linked in the other thread on this topic. What do you know about Ventura Partners?

EDIT: Nevermind, the two threads got combined, so there is no longer another thread. At least not the same thread I referenced above.

Here are some names that should be on Barbour's/Ventura Partners' list of candidates.

Jennie Baranczyk – HC, Drake
Courtney Banghart – HC, Princeton
Bob Boldon – HC, Ohio U
Joanne Boyle – former HC, Virginia
Dan Burt – HC, Duquesne
Joy Cheek – AC, Clemson
Fred Chmiel -- AC, South Carolina
Megan Gebbia – HC, American Univ.
Lindsay Gottlieb – HC, Cal
Robin Harmony – HC, Lamar Univ.
Quentin Hillsman – HC, Syracuse
Neile Ivey -- AC, Notre Dame
Tina Langley – HC, Rice
Katrina Merriweather – HC, Wright State
Dawn Plitzuweit – HC, South Dakota
Shea Ralph – AC, UConn
Aaron Roussell – HC, Bucknell

Just based on W-L records and their online bios, I'd put Langley at the top of the list. Protégé of Brenda Frese at Marlyand and has Rice (Rice!) in the Top 25. Baranczyk and Plitzuweit would be next.

Last edited:
Here are some names that should be on Barbour's/Ventura Partners' list of candidates.

Bob Bolden – HC, Ohio U
Dan Burt – HC, Duquesne
Joy Cheek – AC, Clemson
Tina Langley – HC, Rice
Shea Ralph – AC, UConn

I'd put Langley at the top of the list. Protégé of Brenda Frese at Marlyand and has Rice (Rice!) in the Top 25. Baranczyk and Plitzuweit would be next.
I’ll take Langley. Don’t think I can learn to pronounce Baranczyk and Plitzuweit.

It kind of did. BTW, what major university has ever said they are never using a search firm?

giphy.gif

I have no idea. Does Franklin use a search firm?

One prospective advantage of using a search firm is that a lazy-ass know-nothing Administrator, with a busload of similarly skilled Senior Associate / Associate / Assistant minions - who's actual job responsibilities appear to be, at best, nebulous, can simply write out a check (of Other People's Money) to some third party - rather than take on an actual task themselves. It also provides a nice screen of "non-responsibility" if things go to shit. It would violate unwritten rules for Penn State's ICA Suits to take on any actual responsibility for any aspect of their jobs, not when fiscal fungibility and sloth are such ingrained Organizational Strengths. :).

Happy Friday!!!!

FWIW:
Truth be told, I don't care if they hire a Search Firm or not.

What does promote abject disbelief, however, is the utter waste illustrated by amassing an ICA staff numbering in the hundreds - including dozens of senior staffers - with duplicative, if not vacuous, job "responsibilities" :) ….
If they never actually take on ... you know ..... any responsibilities for ANY of the actual requirements of the organization.

LOL
Could you please tell us how you really feel. :D

One prospective advantage of using a search firm is that a lazy-ass know-nothing Administrator, with a busload of similarly skilled Senior Associate / Associate / Assistant minions - who's actual job responsibilities appear to be, at best, nebulous, can simply write out a check (of Other People's Money) to some third party - rather than take on an actual task themselves. It also provides a nice screen of "non-responsibility" if things go to shit. It would violate unwritten rules for Penn State's ICA Suits to take on any actual responsibility for any aspect of their jobs, not when fiscal fungibility and sloth are such ingrained Organizational Strengths. :).

Happy Friday!!!!

FWIW:
Truth be told, I don't care if they hire a Search Firm or not.

What does promote abject disbelief, however, is the utter waste illustrated by amassing an ICA staff numbering in the hundreds - including dozens of senior staffers - with duplicative, if not vacuous, job "responsibilities" :) ….
If they never actually take on ... you know ..... any responsibilities for ANY of the actual requirements of the organization.

LOL
Exactly right, Norm. Other threads on this board illustrate how people are in an uproar about the high cost of an education at Penn State. This illustrates why the costs are so high. Bloated layers of administrators are too lazy to do the work they are paid to do. It is far too easy for them to write a big check to a consulting firm to do their work.

It is now 2pm on Friday. I wonder how many of these administrators have already gone home for the day to enjoy a long weekend?

Sandy’s apparently passed on hiring Fairgambit Worldwide Enterprises - Manpower Division. So at least she’s gonna save A FEW dollars no matter which other search firm she hires.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
One prospective advantage of using a search firm is that the firm can make discreet inquires to a coach's legal representation while that coach still has a team in post-season play. It would violate unwritten rules for Penn State to do that directly.

Yes. There are definitely things about which it is fair to criticize Barbour. This is not one. You would have to be insane in this day and age to not use a search firm. It’s not about resources, necessarily, but all about experience and expertise. Knowing our PSU BOT though I would assume they will engage in nepotism when deciding which search firm is “best.” That’s the “leadership” we have.

Sandy’s apparently passed on hiring Fairgambit Worldwide Enterprises - Manpower Division. So at least she’s gonna save A FEW dollars no matter which other search firm she hires.
Sadly PSU has more lazy worthless administrators than Fairgambit Worldwide Enterprises has over priced defective products with poor service.

" agreed to a change in leadership"

We agree to stop paying you, you agree to stop showing up.
Also you agree to take all your personal stuff home.
It's part of the "success with honor" narrative B.S. You know the one that says .....no dirty laundry........and don't ever let anyone see you buy toilet paper.......

Sadly PSU has more lazy worthless administrators than Fairgambit Worldwide Enterprises has over priced defective products with poor service.

Didn't Fairgambit say he was going to stop posting a few years back?? A true man of his word.

Bob Bolden – HC, Ohio U
Dan Burt – HC, Duquesne
Joy Cheek – AC, Clemson
Fred Chmiel -- AC, South Carolina
Tina Langley – HC, Rice
Shea Ralph – AC, UConn

Just based on W-L records and their online bios, I'd put Langley at the top of the list. Protégé of Brenda Frese at Marlyand and has Rice (Rice!) in the Top 25. Baranczyk and Plitzuweit would be next.

Danny is a good dude. Best referee in the WPIAL when he was doing that to get through school. He has a ton of international girls on the DU team, so he looks everywhere for kids.

If he and Frank get the job I may have to make some games...

...who is the #1 female HS player in the nation and what is her coach's name?...
...pay her instead of a search committee and get on with it!...

Yes. There are definitely things about which it is fair to criticize Barbour. This is not one. You would have to be insane in this day and age to not use a search firm. It’s not about resources, necessarily, but all about experience and expertise. Knowing our PSU BOT though I would assume they will engage in nepotism when deciding which search firm is “best.” That’s the “leadership” we have.

What expertise and experience is that? If an AD doesn't have a short list of candidates for a coaching position and is relying on the search firm to identify candidates the AD is in a heap of trouble. As others have suggested, search firms in the cases simply act as a barrier between the client and candidate which must be why their fees are so paltry.

Didn't Fairgambit say he was going to stop posting a few years back?? A true man of his word.
Actually I be believe he said he was taking some time off. However that comment may have resulted from the plethora of product liability cases FWE was facing. Also the restraining order filed by Diane Lane had him temporarily distracted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT