ADVERTISEMENT

Coquese Washington out

Exactly right, Norm. Other threads on this board illustrate how people are in an uproar about the high cost of an education at Penn State. This illustrates why the costs are so high. Bloated layers of administrators are too lazy to do the work they are paid to do. It is far too easy for them to write a big check to a consulting firm to do their work.

It is now 2pm on Friday. I wonder how many of these administrators have already gone home for the day to enjoy a long weekend?

I would love to be one of those bloated administrators. How come every job I have, I actually have to work my ass off? What am I doing wrong?

...who is the #1 female HS player in the nation and what is her coach's name?...
...pay her instead of a search committee and get on with it!...
Well the #1 player in PA is the grand-daughter of former PSU final four team member Rudy Marisa who coached at Waynesburg University forever. If Danny Burt from Duquesne is hired he could bring his asst Frank Ferraro who succeeded Rudy at Waynesburg and has a very good relationship with the family.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Well the #1 player in PA is the grand-daughter of former PSU final four team member Rudy Marisa who coached at Waynesburg University forever. If Danny Burt from Duquesne is hired he could bring his asst Frank Ferraro who succeeded Rudy at Waynesburg and has a very good relationship with the family.
Because hiring a head coach solely to try and recruit one player always is a good strategy in the long run.

First, I want a female coach. My belief is that women's teams should be coached by women. Male coaches that have been coaching women's sports for many years would be acceptable in limited instances. Enough women with excellent credentials are available. However, one male would be acceptable that is Fred Chmiel -- AC, South Carolina who is a former PSU Assistant. From the current staff, I believe Tamika Williams-Jeter has the experience, ability, and personality to excel as a head coach.

First, I want a female coach. My belief is that women's teams should be coached by women. Male coaches that have been coaching women's sports for many years would be acceptable in limited instances. Enough women with excellent credentials are available. However, one male would be acceptable that is Fred Chmiel -- AC, South Carolina who is a former PSU Assistant. From the current staff, I believe Tamika Williams-Jeter has the experience, ability, and personality to excel as a head coach.

In my opinion Fred is a great choice. Tamika while a great player in her day is not a great coach. Move on from her. Don’t be surprised to see a coach from the WNBA to land in State College. Just saying.

Because hiring a head coach solely to try and recruit one player always is a good strategy in the long run.[/QUOT

I didnt state that. People brought up the name as a candidate and I gave extra info regarding him and other realtions to PSU.

Reactions: NedFromYork
So glad she is gone! She could get top players but couldn't develop the talent. Horrible job her last couple of years. Best teams were with Maggie Lucas, Bentley and Nikki Green they were fun to watch.

Reactions: Ski
I've got no problem with what she's doing in this case. Seems silly and wasteful to use a search firm, but all ADs seem to do it. Maybe one day Barbour will break the mold and think for herself and then I'll cheer. On second thought.......

the post earlier by stormingnorman said it perfectly. they use these search firms as CYA. no idea when this started but I dont think it is NOT to find the best candidates or provide stealth cover which is why companies may use them. they already know the candidates.

the post earlier by stormingnorman said it perfectly. they use these search firms as CYA. no idea when this started but I dont think it is NOT to find the best candidates or provide stealth cover which is why companies may use them. they already know the candidates.

There's no cover here. AD interviews the candidate(s), AD makes the choice, AD owns the hire no matter how the AD got the name. As far as "stealth" goes, once the candidate or his agent is contacted and given the particulars of the job he/they have a pretty good idea of who's on the other side. And in this case, they have a very good idea, almost a certainty, unless they are totally fvcking brain dead.

Here are some names that should be on Barbour's/Ventura Partners' list of candidates.

Jennie Baranczyk – HC, Drake
Courtney Banghart – HC, Princeton
Bob Boldon – HC, Ohio U
Joanne Boyle – former HC, Virginia
Dan Burt – HC, Duquesne
Joy Cheek – AC, Clemson
Fred Chmiel -- AC, South Carolina
Megan Gebbia – HC, American Univ.
Lindsay Gottlieb – HC, Cal
Robin Harmony – HC, Lamar Univ.
Quentin Hillsman – HC, Syracuse
Neile Ivey -- AC, Notre Dame
Tina Langley – HC, Rice
Katrina Merriweather – HC, Wright State
Dawn Plitzuweit – HC, South Dakota
Shea Ralph – AC, UConn
Aaron Roussell – HC, Bucknell

Just based on W-L records and their online bios, I'd put Langley at the top of the list. Protégé of Brenda Frese at Marlyand and has Rice (Rice!) in the Top 25. Baranczyk and Plitzuweit would be next.

Man-splaining.

I've got no problem with what she's doing in this case. Seems silly and wasteful to use a search firm, but all ADs seem to do it. Maybe one day Barbour will break the mold and think for herself and then I'll cheer. On second thought.......

You think she's using a search firm? She has assistant to the assistant ad's for that.

HS Girls' national player of the year is from DC, the first time a sophomore has won the award.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...nal-player-year-award/?utm_term=.e2ab06f30d1f
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...nal-player-year-award/?utm_term=.e2ab06f30d1f
St. John’s standout Azzi Fudd wins Gatorade National Player of the Year award

Michael Errigo
March 12 at 6:29 PM

St. John’s sophomore guard Azzi Fudd was named the Gatorade girls’ basketball national player of the year Tuesday, adding one of the most prestigious awards in high school sports to her growing list of accolades.

Fudd, the reigning All-Met Player of the Year, was given the award in a surprise ceremony at her school in Northwest Washington. Family, friends and coaches gathered in a hallway to wait for her, and Washington Mystics forward Elena Delle Donne presented the trophy.

“I wouldn’t be here without my parents and without [my team],” Fudd said. “They pushed me every day in practice, so it’s really a team trophy, honestly.”

Fudd is the first player from the D.C. area and the first sophomore to win the national award, which has been given out since the 1985-86 season. Earlier this month, she was awarded the Gatorade state player of the year award for the District. Paul VI guard Ashley Owusu claimed the honor in Virginia, and Bishop McNamara forward Jakia Brown-Turner did the same in Maryland.

Interesting that nearby Bellwood Antis best player is committed to Notre Dame. Rene used to get those players

ADVERTISEMENT