ADVERTISEMENT

Conservative coaching is why we haven't made the playoff

It’s freaking raining against a tough defense. What the f do you want them to do. Force it like they used to last few years. They are playing smart controlled football
I'm OK with the conservative calls when it's pouring down rain. I'd like to see a little more swing passing to the RBs. I think throwing long down the middle of the field in pouring rain against their zone is asking for trouble.
SIDEBAR: Kaden Saunders seems to be making poor decisions in punt receiving this evening.

• Wow
Reactions: psu1969a
I'm OK with the conservative calls when it's pouring down rain. I'd like to see a little more swing passing to the RBs. I think throwing long down the middle of the field in pouring rain against their zone is asking for trouble.
SIDEBAR: Kaden Saunders seems to be making poor decisions in punt receiving this evening.
Its not pouring but ok

I hate conservative play calling, but it controls the game speed. But most important it limits the chance of injuries and taking big hits.

Last edited:
It's not going to get us anywhere. How about some aggressive play calling instead of running it up the middle on 1st down every time???
LMAOROFL. You are no smarter here than you are on the wrestling forum. Allar's precision passes were the right offense against DBs who kept everything in front of them. Yurich had the patience needed to beat the Iowa defense.

Time of possession PSU--45 MINS PLUS.
IOWA...14 AND CHANGE.

The Iowa D was so whipped and beat down by the end of the game, that they will lose, or play badly nect week as well.
They're fortunate and get Michigan State next week who's a complete dumpster fire.

Reactions: Sullivan
Iowa is terrible.
I honestly don't understand how Ferentz and his OC son has lasted this long. They must have pictures on the President and AD. The one I really feel sorry for is DC Phil Parker - I wish we could get him at ND,,,,,,he's the best out there but it's hard for Iowa's defense to maintain excellence throughout a whole game when they get absolutely no support from their putrid offense

Dude, Iowa put up a historically bad offensive performance, even by Iowa standards. The PSU defense certainly had a lot to do with it.

PSU just needed to not give them the game. It was a miserable, soggy night (TV doesn’t do the rain just justice). PSU completely dominated running 97 plays and shutting out Iowa. It was an appropriate and smart game plan for the conditions and opponent.

It's not going to get us anywhere. How about some aggressive play calling instead of running it up the middle on 1st down every time???
Could see this from a mile away but you guys just said we'll open things up later in the season. "We're 4-0 thats all that matters" Can't wait to see you don't worry we're 4-0 crowd next year, its the never-ending cycle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT