ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the Big 10 refs, conference champions!

Painter and Shrewsberry are pretty tight, I wouldn't read anything into that. I expect he'd lay down the love at the PC

What is with Purdue coach not giving one mention to PSU about playing a hood game ? Hmmm

noticed that too. he also wasn't especially gracious in the pregame interview. maybe knows micah is better coach than him

or maybe micah is going against him for recruits

i mean we didn't win but just had the ball with the shot to win against the team that may win the whole tournament

Purdue sure as he!! didn't win. The refs did beat the best team in the Big 10 right now at this moment. But the Big 10 refs secured the 1 seed for the conference just as they were told to do.
I think Purdue would have the one seed even if they lost today don’t you?

Reactions: WaylonJ
I think Purdue would have the one seed even if they lost today don’t you?
Of course they did...and no ref is going to intentionally make any calls to jeopardize their postseason assignments (let alone no conference is ever going to ask the refs to fix a game). But the tinfoil hat crew is always pretty strong on this board.

Of course they did...and no ref is going to intentionally make any calls to jeopardize their postseason assignments (let alone no conference is ever going to ask the refs to fix a game). But the tinfoil hat crew is always pretty strong on this board.
Then explain some of the completely obvious wrong calls today nearly all going in their favor.

noticed that too. he also wasn't especially gracious in the pregame interview. maybe knows micah is better coach than him

or maybe micah is going against him for recruits

i mean we didn't win but just had the ball with the shot to win against the team that may win the whole tournament
I don't see Purdue winning it all. If they match up against a team that can defend Edy better and is athletic, Purdue goes down.

If the bracket didn't just come out, I'd post the article about how every game, fans of their team think they're getting shafted by the referees. Week after week, year after year, in all sports.
Even the announcers identified several bad calls in their favor and I do not recall them acknowledging even one in our favor. And the announcers were not just pro-Purdue, but in love with Edey.

Everyone is against us--even the announcers.
the announcers are not against us

the cbs crew is always like that. they don't know anything about the teams they are watching and sound like they just stepped out of the airport bar and into the announcer booth

It wasn't all 3 refs but the same guy from Friday was causing us grief today.

All that Said if winter doesn't bobble that pass he had a chance for his 3rd game winner in 2 weeks

It wasn't all 3 refs but the same guy from Friday was causing us grief today.

All that Said if winter doesn't bobble that pass he had a chance for his 3rd game winner in 2 weeks
the in bounds pass got tipped

we came way closer than anyone expected. other than gettting to the finals, i am really glad we got through the tourney with no injuries

they should be ready to play on thurs.

Reactions: Online Persona
the announcers are not against us

the cbs crew is always like that. they don't know anything about the teams they are watching and sound like they just stepped out of the airport bar and into the announcer booth
I know--I was making fun of him. Couldn't agree more.

Even the announcers identified several bad calls in their favor and I do not recall them acknowledging even one in our favor. And the announcers were not just pro-Purdue, but in love with Edey.
FWIW, I listened to the Purdue broadcast on tbe radio:

1. They said refs missed travel when Purdue was only up one near very end.

2. Said Purdue got most of the close calls all day.

Exactly what I would have expected in the Big10!

Was my thought exactly ...douche move
did you see him in the pregame interview? he wouldn't say anything nice then either. jay wright even commented about how awkward he was, without directly saying that

seems like a weird guy in general

the in bounds pass got tipped

we came way closer than anyone expected. other than gettting to the finals, i am really glad we got through the tourney with no injuries

they should be ready to play on thurs.
The tip didn't cause the bobble though. I sat here and said just get a shot off if we miss so be it...but please just get one off

I don't see Purdue winning it all. If they match up against a team that can defend Edy better and is athletic, Purdue goes down.
And who would that be? I'm not sure there's a big guy that can match up to him. The best you can do is hope he gets into foul trouble.

The fact that people actually believe that something like that would happen is insane
it is pretty much accepted that the big ten refs allow tackle basketball, which is why large numbers of big ten teams often exit the ncaa tournament early (other refs don't allow this). strangely however even the slightest touch on Edey was a foul. they were protecting the star player

Reactions: Online Persona
it is pretty much accepted that the big ten refs allow tackle basketball, which is why large numbers of big ten teams often exit the ncaa tournament early (other refs don't allow this). strangely however even the slightest touch on Edey was a foul. they were protecting the star player
Do people not realize that this isn’t football, and these “big ten refs” are doing games all over the country? And that these “big ten refs” also do NCAA games?

Do people not realize that this isn’t football, and these “big ten refs” are doing games all over the country? And that these “big ten refs” also do NCAA games?
it is not really even disputed that the big ten refs allow a rough physical style and it ends up hurting big ten teams in the tournament

it is also why sometimes big ten games are almost unwatchable

and protecting the #1 seed, no different than how all conferences try to protect their likely playoff teams (except the Big 10, they will protect Ohio St and Michigan over a potential playoff team like in 2016).

and protecting the #1 seed, no different than how all conferences try to protect their likely playoff teams (except the Big 10, they will protect Ohio St and Michigan over a potential playoff team like in 2016).
What is there to protect? And you actually think that the conference would be involved in fixing games, the refs would go along with it, and they are so bad at it that we still had a shot to win it. Unbelievable.

That is basketball at every level. The stars play a different sport then the rest of the players on the court. A huge reason I rarely watch basketball, especially the NBA.

Reactions: joeaubie21
What is there to protect? And you actually think that the conference would be involved in fixing games, the refs would go along with it, and they are so bad at it that we still had a shot to win it. Unbelievable.
Yes I do and I'm not alone. A significant portion of football fans believe that the refs protect the conference favorites (not just PSU fans) because they do. There are many millions of dollars riding on getting as many as a conference can into the playoff and then NY6, etc. They do it in basketball as well.

You never wondered why Michigan football can have such a high win % in conference and horrible out of conference and bowls? I can tell you why. Ohio St also is protected and then mostly loses in the playoff because they don't get the same calls there as in conference.

Reactions: MacNit07
That is basketball at every level. The stars play a different sport then the rest of the players on the court. A huge reason I rarely watch basketball, especially the NBA.
remember Michael Jordan's final year with the Bulls? lol The Jazz had to play the most immaculate basketball of all time to even get that final series to 6 games. if it looked like jordan wasn't perfectly on-balance for his shot it was automatic foul. not to mention that they literally waved off shots that utah made

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT