ADVERTISEMENT

Coming soon: Flo does Cael's first decade at PSU

So did Cael actually do an interview for this or will it just be the Flo guys talking over PSU clips they own already
My exact thought. Going to repeat the same things we’ve heard from CP on FRL the last 5 years, but with wrestling clips in the background.

Reactions: McScoreley
Reenacting the "The Plan" interview?
This guy is playing CP:

giphy.gif

They might have some clips from Cael press conferences, so I’d take the over.

But in terms of any new words from Cael, I can’t imagine anyone taking the over even if it was set at 0.5.

My exact thought. Going to repeat the same things we’ve heard from CP on FRL the last 5 years, but with wrestling clips in the background.

that's pretty much what 'bad blood' (their dake vs JB film) is, so that's what i'd expect for the PSU series

See this just doesn't get me excited...not only because I don't have flo lol. This should be on espn and done by espn. They would do a muchhhh better job. They'd have interviews about Cael's first ten years with every and any wrestling coach that matters. It would just look so much better rather than three random guys (for new or casual fans) talking about how great cael was infront of a black backdrop. Not saying flo won't do a good job, that I won't be able to see, but espn could of made this epic.
Should of been a 30 for 30. It would actually gain fans for wrestling.

See this just doesn't get me excited...not only because I don't have flo lol. This should be on espn and done by espn. They would do a muchhhh better job. They'd have interviews about Cael's first ten years with every and any wrestling coach that matters. It would just look so much better rather than three random guys (for new or casual fans) talking about how great cael was infront of a black backdrop. Not saying flo won't do a good job, that I won't be able to see, but espn could of made this epic.
Should of been a 30 for 30. It would actually gain fans for wrestling.

Would ESPN do something like this? Seems like they'd view it as a pretty big waste of money and not remotely worth even looking into.

Would ESPN do something like this? Seems like they'd view it as a pretty big waste of money and not remotely worth even looking into.
Cael could get unlimited ESPN camera coverage by wearing a Kyle Dake t-shirt.

After all, it works for Dake.

Reactions: Dogwelder
There is a rumor that Flo's 15 city publicity tour with Cael and Christian to support "Cael's First Decade" series may be jeopardy over the Covid virus having an uptick in certain areas. I was hoping I could get tickets from Josh Schoonover for when they came to "a location near me" that happens to be the Wampum, PA location to stump for the mini series.

I hope it still happens! As a side note however I am surprised with the film budgets killed and athletic budgets upside down that Cael and Christian agreed to room together at several of the hotels to make this publicly tour work. At first Christian said no, as it wasn't his plan.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know I haven't been in the mix for awhile but I just watched the trailer for the docu-cael-@ss-kissing-mentary.....and it seems from the trailer a little forced.

Almost like a rejected girl ......with great AV equipment......of like hey we really like you......will you pretty pretty pretty pretty please like us back....with a cherry and sprinkles on top.

#backintothebunker

I know I haven't been in the mix for awhile but I just watched the trailer for the docu-cael-@ss-kissing-mentary.....and it seems from the trailer a little forced.

Almost like a rejected girl ......with great AV equipment......of like hey we really like you......will you pretty pretty pretty pretty please like us back....with a cherry and sprinkles on top.

#backintothebunker
Flo blew their wad on their “bombshell” RTC Finances write up. I doubt their calls to Cael and staff were returned.

I hope it isn't just about Cael.

Cael is a great coach, no doubt, but I have to think that Casey Cunningham is a significant portion of their success. As is Cody. And Jake. Really, all of their coaches offer something unique to their wrestlers. I hope all of them stick around for a long time. And that, when they are ready to move on, and DT retires (after a gold medal or two), DT steps in.

I hope it isn't just about Cael.

Cael is a great coach, no doubt, but I have to think that Casey Cunningham is a significant portion of their success. As is Cody. And Jake. Really, all of their coaches offer something unique to their wrestlers. I hope all of them stick around for a long time. And that, when they are ready to move on, and DT retires (after a gold medal or two), DT steps in.

Before somebody starts another “ whos the next coach” thread, please look back a few pages for the other 2 or 3.

Reactions: nitlion6
That was fun. Would've liked to see interviews with people other than the guys who produced it, but I'll keep watching.

Im hoping episode 2 is more empire strikes back and godfather 2

And not

Major league 2 or Blair witch 2

Listening to the flow guys play flo guys in a flo guy doc wasnt what I was hoping for

#caelwouldhavehadabetterplan

Reactions: Ski
Can’t all be peaches and cream, Jenkins was the conflict in the story and honestly good for him. He won fair and square and got his closure, PSU won the title and the team never became complacent. Would have liked to hear more from coaches or wrestlers, opposition and penn staters, on their view of what was happening.

Agree it's about Sanderson's first decade and the wrestlers he coached , they definately should have did more for Wright's season and gave bubba a side note, about how he purposely made himself ineligible to wrestle to get his own way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT