ADVERTISEMENT

Collegiate Duals 2.0

to be fair to o’connor, he’s coming off an acl tear right at the end of last season. it’s somewhat surprising to me that he’s competed at all already this year.
Not a huge surprise he didn’t wrestle a second match.

Lautt, though. That was a massive duck. Just take your beating and move on, dude.

But starting in January he can compete unattached.
Yes, but I don't think that was what he was getting at. Of course I could be wrong.

As far as Levi goes.
1. Levi wants to wrestle
2. They wanted to measure him against O'Connor.
3. They want to use him against Ohio State or Iowa, if he wrestles tomorrow he is almost certainly the 157 pounder. If he doesn't wrestle tomorrow they are still considering asking Pyles his plan.

Look...he pinned the number 30 guy in 110 seconds

The number 31 guy is his teammate.

Basically if we need it he goes, if not then Claw goes...

In all seriousness, what did Rokfin do better than Flo today? I’ll give you no stream issues. But I missed some live wrestling behind opaque graphics, which seemed pretty amateurish to me.
graphics are so bad. grateful for this event- but the graphics are awful...

Reactions: mcpat
In all seriousness, what did Rokfin do better than Flo today? I’ll give you no stream issues. But I missed some live wrestling behind opaque graphics, which seemed pretty amateurish to me.
Yeah… Rokfin did the most important thing, they didn’t drop the ball streaming the event. Really didn’t miss any live wrestling aside from the extra matches. They had a clock with the score and riding time which graphic wise is all I need. Synced up JBs call so all in all I was pretty happy. Well worth the 15 bucks.

Yeah… Rokfin did the most important thing, they didn’t drop the ball streaming the event. Really didn’t miss any live wrestling aside from the extra matches. They had a clock with the score and riding time which graphic wise is all I need. Synced up JBs call so all in all I was pretty happy. Well worth the 15 bucks.
Rub it in why don't ya!

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office
Quote-Block-Templates-16.jpg

Reactions: Psugo823 and mcpat
Saw an interview with Cody Sanderson and when asked about Haines, said they wanted to get him mat time and wanted him to wrestle O’Connor. Said he wasn’t sure why he didn’t go out there.

Another duck job. This is what these non BIG teams do. Piss poor. Just like last year with Schultz

Saw an interview with Cody Sanderson and when asked about Haines, said they wanted to get him mat time and wanted him to wrestle O’Connor. Said he wasn’t sure why he didn’t go out there.

Another duck job. This is what these non BIG teams do. Piss poor. Just like last year with Schultz
You get better wrestling the best kids. Not saying Levi is a best yet but I don't understand why an ACC team wouldn't want their guy to see BIG10 competition.

Reactions: Hotshoe and pish69
How do you sync the Byers call?

See...that's the thing...why is a top 8 former national champion ducking a kid who is redshirting as a freshman?

It's kinda hard to know what you got when you can't get a match.

Reactions: hlstone
Like I said in another post, last night I got lucky and didn't need to because it matched up perfectly for me. Most times though you need to play with the rewind/pause/play button on either of the streams to get them to match up. McPat said he was able to get it done last night after some tinkering.

Just takes time with Dresser. He builds brick by brick. I really enjoyed his Wrestling Changed My Life Podcast this year.
Watched Dresser as HS coach and at VT where I’ve been a season ticket holder for about 1/3 as long as I’ve sat regularly in Rec. He’s not a huge splash recruiter, but, he really knows how to build a program. His kids really don’t want to disappoint the man. Like Cael, smiles are priced premium. I have no doubt that he will pull ahead and stay ahead of TnT this decade.

See...that's the thing...why is a top 8 former national champion ducking a kid who is redshirting as a freshman?

It's kinda hard to know what you got when you can't get a match.
College coaches do what's best for their wrestlers, period. Not what's best for the other team or even wrestling in general for the most part. That goes for our coaches as well.

O'Connor could be in a pitch count coming off an injury, his conditioning may be off, he may be adjusting to weigh ins, etc, etc. We really don't know why he didn't wrestle. But Coleman Scott probably did what was in his best interest, as he should.

I missed some when they cut to unnecessary looking-up-at shots of the pretty useless announcer just standing there as well as several untimely and somewhat irrelevant replays, JS (Just Saying).
The announcers for the B pool were just plain annoying. I don't know if it was the voice/voices or just the complete babble all the time, but I finally turned the volume off. I did catch the final 3 matches of the NC State/Lehigh match and that announcer was so much better. I actually got a chance to watch Hidlay wrestle and not back away from an opponent for 7+ minutes. I hope he finally mans up and wrestles AB the same way. It would be an exciting match.

Last edited:

So, what are we calling a “duck” at this point? Is it just any time a guy misses a match?

Because PSU guys miss matches too. And I tend to think it is for reasons other than the ones being suggested here for guys on other teams (seed protection, not wanting a “beating”, etc).

It was easier w/ CMU than UNC for me because, unless I'm crazy, that stream allowed me to pause the video so Jeff could catch up. For UNC, when you'd restart paused video, it would automatically jump ahead to the live feed.

Typically, it's Jeff that's ahead, and needs pausing--and AFAIK, the only way to pause Jeff is via the GoPSUSports site in the browser (WRSC and PSU apps don't let you pause and resume).

Another tip is to try and use the ref whistles to get things synced. Easiest is at a restart, where the ref makes the hand motion in sync w/ his whistle.

Reactions: hlstone
The announcers for the B pool were just plain annoying. I don't know if it was the voice/voices or just the complete babble all the time, but I finally turned the volume off. I did catch the final 3 matches of the NC State/Lehigh match and that announcer was so much better. I actually got a chance to watch Hidlay wrestle and not back away from an opponent for 7+ minutes. I hope he finally mans up and wrestles AB the same way. It would be and exciting match.
Cliff Fretwell was the main guy on mat B. I think he's buddies w/ Frank Popolizio, who is "Journeyman Wrestling" (and older bro of NC State HC). Cliff is not a professional broadcaster, really--runs a youth club and apparel company, but caught on for his somtimes comical style when he started taking a mat or 2 at the Southern Scuffle. I wound up liking him on some matches at the scuffle, but you don't get professional polish w/ him.

Very different than the guy on Mat A, Shawn Kenney, who is a professional broadcaster--employed by ESPN, ACC Network, etc.

College coaches do what's best for their wrestlers, period. Not what's best for the other team or even wrestling in general for the most part. That goes for our coaches as well.

O'Connor could be in a pitch count coming off an injury, his conditioning may be off, he may be adjusting to weigh ins, etc, etc. We really don't know why he didn't wrestle. But Coleman Scott probably did what was in his best interest, as he should.
Regarding O’Connor we can all agree we don’t know.

Regarding Zeke Jones as a prime example: if gaming a system is “best” for a wrestler, that’s a life lesson that should be left along the roadside. There was nothing actually good that came from that duck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT