ADVERTISEMENT

CNN Headline on Paterno

Do you think that it is impossible for Paterno to have said to Mike that this was the second time he received such a report?
Let's see, police used tactics to solicit abuse from victims. OAG called 2001 incident anal rape. MM ever evolving recollections. Sure we should believe the police report. And then there are the testimonies of Dranov and Mike's Dad, which indicate whatever MM saw wasn't serious enough to go to police.

Did Joe know about '98? That has been established and Sandusky was cleared. So in that context it is possible.

Last edited:
It's what someone says when they have attempted to argue with a dumbphuck who is incable of rational thought and critical thinking.

But hey go saddle up with Sara and Osprey and L.T. Young and have your jollies. Collectively you have a thimble full of brain cells between you.
All you have now is insults. Sad.

Honest question jive. What differently should Joe have done? Not football coaching legend Joe, not admired icon Joe, not put on a pedestal Joe, but regular citizen Joe. What should he have done other than what he did?
Regular Joe should have pushed MM to contact the authorities in addition to taking the matter to Curley. He knew a sexual event occurred between a boy and a mature male... clearly his actions failed.

Paterno knowing about 1998, where a false claim was made and JS was cleared is not equivalent to Paterno receiving a second report of abuse. Please try to keep up.
A false claim?

Wasn't Sandusky convicted beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his peers on several charges regarding No. 6?

Ald
A false claim?

Wasn't Sandusky convicted beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his peers on several charges regarding No. 6?

Sandusky was convicted of some minor charges regarding V6 in his 2012 trial. But that was only after the jury already predetermined that anytime, Sandusky showered with a boy, he must have been grooming him. However, after Sandusky was cleared in 1998. He continued a friendship with the boy for 13 more years (with his mother's approval) and the boy stated absolutely nothing inappropriate happened afterwards. This completely goes against how groomers operate as the usually will ignore a boy after he begins to resist the grooming. In addition, so-called Victim 6 sent Jerry a text only a year before his arrest that said "Happy Fathers Day! I'm so glad God has placed you in my life"

Ald

Sandusky was convicted of some minor charges regarding V6 in his 2012 trial. But that was only after the jury already predetermined that anytime, Sandusky showered with a boy, he must have been grooming him. However, after Sandusky was cleared in 1998. He continued a friendship with the boy for 13 more years (with his mother's approval) and the boy stated absolutely nothing inappropriate happened afterwards. This completely goes against how groomers operate as the usually will ignore a boy after he begins to resist the grooming. In addition, so-called Victim 6 sent Jerry a text only a year before his arrest that said "Happy Fathers Day! I'm so glad God has placed you in my life"

Don't confuse Christopher D. Wilsher. He's Notta Lion. Just another dumbass troll with an agenda....

Then either Ganim is absolutely, positively intentionally lying, absolutely, positively being intentionally fed false info, or is absolutely, positively intentionally making things up. She is very, VERY clear on the date and how it was obtained by the State trooper.

If McQueary DIDN'T give this statement on November 23, 2011, CNN needs to make a correction ASAP!!!
Yes, pretty certain it was Nov 2010

Ald

Count 28: Indecent assault
Verdict: Not guilty.

Count 29: Unlawful contact with minors
Verdict: Guilty.

Count 30: Corruption of minors

Count 31: Endangering welfare of children

Regular Joe should have pushed MM to contact the authorities in addition to taking the matter to Curley. He knew a sexual event occurred between a boy and a mature male... clearly his actions failed.

You assume that JVP was told of something sexual, which he clearly wasn't based on his actions and non-parsed GJ testimony. (and the actions of EVERYONE involved.)

Regardless, I have seen a police report that states that Joe did in fact tell MM to contact the authorities if he thought he saw abuse, which he obviously didn't do. Unfortunately, you can't see this police report though.

On a slightly different topic, why didn't MM push JVP to contact the authorities? Why didn't MM's mom and dad, or Dr. Dranov push MM to contact the authorities? Why didn't MM push his parents, Dr. Dranov, or the PSU admins to contact the authorities? Why didn't he do it himself? Why didn't Raykovitz push PSU to contact the authorities? Why didn't he contact the authorities on his own? Why do you only focus on JVP? Why do you never respond to the really tough questions? (that last one is rhetorical, we all know why)

A false claim?

In an unfair trial in 2012, but back in 2001 it was a false alarm and he was "cleared" by state professionals. What you have is called hindsight bias.

All of this could have been stopped if those state professionals at DPW/CYS/TSM had simply done their job in 1998. Because of all the focus on PSU/Paterno for ratings, none of these issues have been identified or fixed.

Actually it's your argument that fails.
  1. Why didn't MM go to authorities on his own?
  2. Why didn't JM & Dranov push MM to go to authorities?
  3. Why didn't Raykovitz go to authorities?
  4. Why was it wrong for Joe to follow NCAA guidelines?

That's not what I said.

Paterno absolutely failed. Pretend he didn't all you want, most people see him as a failure. He looks more and more like a bum with each new tidbit of info that leaks out.
Most people believe that Paterno really had no role and no part of any of this. They believe that he was unfairly blamed. Only a small minority think he may have failed at anything.

HAAA!!! Your brain dead hero is such an Einstein he was caught showing his junk in cyberspace just within the last year. History may show that Corbett and his cronies intentionally went after the wrong pervert.
. Really means nothing at all. He is your scapegoat. The media made Joe one. Congrats on following their lead.
You know, often in my life, I find myself in agreement with someone on the specifics of a given situation. This is one of those situations where I think that the MOST LIKELY explanation is that a lot of people knew "something" was wrong with Jerry Sandusky. The degree of firmness of that knowledge is something that is pretty uncertain, but continues to unfold.

I think that rational people believe the following meaningful points:
  • Sandusky is a pedophile.
  • Lots of people suspected something was wrong with Sandusky.
  • Joe knew something was wrong in 1998, and maybe earlier. How much he suspected, etc. are cloudy.
  • No one took any action in 1998, including the police, so more people rationalized that "Jerry is just a little off, but not a pedophile".
  • No one wants to believe that a guy they knew for years is a monster because it reflects very badly about their instincts. That's why everyone says "he was such a nice man, who would have suspected" after John Wayne Gacy is found to have butchered dozens. They are deflecting any blame away from them. Because the truth is...they did have all the signs needed to know that John Wayne Gacy and others were monsters.
  • Pedophilia isn't like confronting other stuff, because it is so deviant.
But why the obsession with "he failed"? That's what I don't get. I don't think it is an honest account of any person, including Joe Paterno.

No one has a responsibility for the actions of another. Sandusky is the criminal here. Other people (Paterno, C/S/S, McQueary) are just people who never wanted a pedophile to come into their lives, and were unlucky enough to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Think about Mike McQueary, who simply by the random forces in life, walked in on Sandusky. He could have stopped off at the video store to rent a movie, delaying his arrival by 20 minutes, Sandusky gone, never saw a thing. How different would his life have been?

The "I would have called the police" crowd, I suspect, are filled with people who imagine themselves as lions, but are probably mice.
fair post. Mistakes were made by everyone involved. Only evil person in any of this is in prison.

Last edited:
Are you saying Paterno didn't fail? How?

He failed to call the police instead choosing to report the incident. That was a mistake. He certainly could have called the police.

You can go on and on all you like. This does not orbit around Paterno. The truth is there are a lot of people who had a chance to stop Sandusky and did not. Even the agencies directly responsible for stopping individuals like Sandusky didn't.

It seems only Sandusky and the supposed victims may know the facts and truth of the allegations. Many of the supposed victims and the (very few) first-hand witnesses have holes in their stories, and there seems to be little physical evidence supporting accusations.

Joe seemed to be the type to have his own entrenched opinion on things and operated in an environment where there was no lack of emotional opinions of others. At the same time, while he was portrayed as a renaissance man, I think he led a self-simplified life with a narrow focus. I think he trusted others he felt were more qualified or had authority. I still remember him deferring to the medical staff about the needs and status of a player with diabetes, even after being pressed again by reporters, and thinking he should know more about the effect of that not uncommon condition on a player.

What some of us would describe as 'knowing' something and what Joe would describe may be quite different. Is knowing of an unproven accusation or vague description 'knowing'? Joe didn't seem to be the type to repeat a possible fallacy regardless of the impact to him.

I would have just liked to have had the opportunity to hear more from Joe. It seems he was willing to talk, but circumstances prevented that. Unfortunately, the people and processes we were left with shed little light on the facts and just interpreted the incomplete information in a worst case scenario for Joe and Penn State. How Mike M. has come out looking like such a perfect hero is beyond me...I guess it's called making a deal.

Let's be honest- he had been incoherent for years before the scandal broke and it kept getting worse. You could barely understand 50 percent of what he said. And by 2011, he was half-dead and now he is actually dead. We are never going to know what he wanted to say about it. That's just reality.

Joe had such a minor role in this whole story that I don't think he had much more to even say. He was interviewed by law enforcement, the media (Sally whatshername at fake news WashPost), and also provided a written statement for the media.

The mainstream media didn't listen to a word he said bc they had their fake media narrative to propagate.

Anyone looking at all the testimony and facts without any bias can clearly see that PSU admins/coach didnt fail the kids, TSM/JR and state of PA child care agencies and OAG did in pretty egregious fashion. It was obvious and thats why the bad actors here (psu bot, TSM big wigs, PA OAG) needed the fake narrative for cover. They used the false GJP then hit man freeh to set the narrative in which the mockingbird media dutifully spread and that's all she wrote.....for now.

Actually it's your argument that fails.
  1. Why didn't MM go to authorities on his own?
  2. Why didn't JM & Dranov push MM to go to authorities?
  3. Why didn't Raykovitz go to authorities?
  4. Why was it wrong for Joe to follow NCAA guidelines?
1) because he is a coward and followed his leaders
2) because they are failures
3) $$$
4) it wasn't wrong, but it wasn't enough. Two reports of suspected child abuse and he doesn't take it (or advise mm to take it) to authorities? Failure.

He failed to call the police instead choosing to report the incident. That was a mistake. He certainly could have called the police.

You can go on and on all you like. This does not orbit around Paterno. The truth is there are a lot of people who had a chance to stop Sandusky and did not. Even the agencies directly responsible for stopping individuals like Sandusky didn't.
Yes, and I have said they all failed. I have also said that Paterno isn't the biggest failure in this, but he is still a failure. I am talking about him specifically because this report is about him specifically.

That's not what I said.

Paterno absolutely failed. Pretend he didn't all you want, most people see him as a failure. He looks more and more like a bum with each new tidbit of info that leaks out.
That's not what I said.

please practice what you preach and move on. Also don't refer to Penn State as your school. Fraud.

Lol. I love how MM (who was 27 at the time) now needs Joe to tell him he needed to take reports of suspected child abuse to LE. For all we know CNN is full of shit re: this second story. Maybe Joe did tell MM in 2001 "why are you coming to me with this you need to call the police" but we dont know bc none of us where there and Joe is no longer around to defend himself.

MM had one person and one person only to blame for not taking whatever suspicions he had to LE, and that person is himself. Not one person at PSU ever told him to bury the story.

Yes, and I have said they all failed. I have also said that Paterno isn't the biggest failure in this, but he is still a failure. I am talking about him specifically because this report is about him specifically.

By no means is Paterno a failure. That's idiotic. He failed to make a call. Yes. That doesn't make him a failure. That means he made a mistake.

Why won't you disclose your agenda? What is your "perspective"? Why do you call a man who gave so much to so many for so long "a failure" for the mistake of not calling the police and instead reporting the incident to his superior?

If there's one person in this who didn't fail it was Joe. He literally followed school policy and state law to a "T" when handling MM's vague assumption riddled 2001 report. Joe put MM in touch with his superior then stepped back. If MM was so certain about his suspicions absolutely nothing was stopping him from filing a written statement with UPPD the very night of the incident vs sleeping on it.

Also MM testified that Curley called him a few days after meeting with C/S to follow up with PSU's plan of action, which did not involve MM filing a written statement to UPPD mind you but did involve revoking of JS guest privileges and informing TSM, and MM expressed no dissatisfaction and never said MORE needed to be done. Ponder that for a moment.

From psu's perspective the one and only witness was satisfied and they all went on with their lives for the next 9 yrs until MM decided to play revisionist history claiming he was 99% sure a kid was getting raped in 2001 and reported it as such. Riiiiiiiiight.

3) $$$
4) it wasn't wrong, but it wasn't enough. Two reports of suspected child abuse and he doesn't take it (or advise mm to take it) to authorities? Failure.

Who other than MM reported suspected child abuse to Joe?

Why doesn't referring MM to Shultz & Curley count as reporting to authorities?

Are you saying that Joe (or any other coach) should disregard school and NCAA policies?

Are you saying that Joe is more responsible than MM, JM, Dranov, Raykovitz, the AG DPW, etc?

Most people believe that Paterno really had no role and no part of any of this. They believe that he was unfairly blamed. Only a small minority think he may have failed at anything.
That's in your group of friends. Most people in this world who know of this incident feel that he failed.

That's in your group of friends. Most people in this world who know of this incident feel that he failed.
Because the police lied in their police report and the DA lied in the Grand Jury Presentment (and the press doesn't know what a GJP is)? Check.

I always ask "those people" what Paterno should have done...after a long pause they say "more". So I'll ask you, what should he have done knowing what he knew and what the NCAA and PSU legal process was/is?

Who other than MM reported suspected child abuse to Joe?

Why doesn't referring MM to Shultz & Curley count as reporting to authorities?

Are you saying that Joe (or any other coach) should disregard school and NCAA policies?

Are you saying that Joe is more responsible than MM, JM, Dranov, Raykovitz, the AG DPW, etc?
1) no one knows who else reported to Joe. Only that it happened.
2) S&C aren't the authorities. Never were.
3) there is nothing against school policy or the NCAA saying that you cannot make a report to the authorities.
4) no, I never said Joe was more responsible. In fact, I said the opposite. That doesn't make him blameless.

Because the police lied in their police report and the DA lied in the Grand Jury Presentment (and the press doesn't know what a GJP is)? Check.

I always ask "those people" what Paterno should have done...after a long pause they say "more". So I'll ask you, what should he have done knowing what he knew and what the NCAA and PSU legal process was/is?
I have already said, either he should have made a report to authorities or he should have directed MM to do so.

3) there is nothing against school policy or the NCAA saying that you cannot make a report to the authorities.
4) no, I never said Joe was more responsible. In fact, I said the opposite. That doesn't make him blameless.

1) you are wrong...there are no specifics proving Joe was told anything before 2001
2) again, you are wrong...They are "the authorities" as NCAA and PSU guidelines say. Even after years of studying the situation, the NCAA came out with guidelines that a coach should report suggestions of any kind of abuse to the AD and someone else outside of the sports reporting vertical structure.
3) again, you are wrong. the policy is the policy. That means not following the policy is wrong and subject to punishment. So, oddly, on one hand you are saying to follow the rules (#2) and then to not follow the rules (#3). Which is it?

You don't know who reported something to Joe and you don't know exactly what they reported to Joe but you do know that "it happened". Seriously?

S&C were the people that Joe reported to at the university. They were the people that university (and NCAA) policy say such things should have been referred to. No?

3) $$$

One report. It's sad how you cling to Ganim's garbage.

Let's say you were correct, and Joe did not do enough. That means the policies, procedures and law were not adequate. That is not Joe's fault. Funny, none of them have been updated in the aftermath, and still would dictate someone to do exactly what Joe did. Proof you are wrong.

1) That's not true.
2) Those who do think that way are ignorant of the facts. Some people think the earth is flat too, I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT