ADVERTISEMENT

Charissa Thompson admits to making up some sideline reports

Not so much in my family so I do wonder. What bugs me is if all these females are taking jobs away from an aspiring male just because they are female. There is also the ex athlete or ex football player thing dominating the media these days. For one guy on TV who is not an ex football jock (Reece Davis for example) there are 10 ex NFL or college jocks.
on the jocks, many are not very good on camera. however, they know the subject matter because they've lived the subject matter. So there are two concepts: knowing and communicating. To me, you have to first know before you can communicate. So I am OK with jocks as long as they are decent to good communicators.

For the gals, I don't know how they can possibly understand football. I've played several sports and there is nothing like football in terms of sacrifice, teamwork, fighting through adversity, and more. But I certainly understand the NFLs desire to tap into 51% of the USA market. Assuming we can still call them women.

With the steamers coming in, seeing what Amazon is doing with real-time graphics, language and the success of alternate broadcasters (the Manning brothers) are we that far away from have multiple broadcasts of the same sporting event? I mean, if women want to listen to Beth Mullins and the men Booger McFarland, why not give them what they want?

I'd choose Kay Adams but that is just me.

Screen-Shot-2022-09-06-at-7.37.48-PM.png

Reactions: bison13
Well, apparently Charissa isn't the only media member making stuff up. Elon Musk now suing Media Matters over made up reporting. Interesting as Musk has the algorithms and other info Media Matters used.

I believe…and I suppose it’s possible I am wrong….. but aren’t overall NFL ratings down the last few years? And as boomers move on to the next level the NFL needs new audiences.

And getting a younger female audience is a great move as it will also bring new advertisers to target that audience. And that audience spends a lot of money, especially as they get great jobs snd/or start families.
I have a pal who is an angry Steeler fan and a long time NFL guy. He claims they lost so many fans out of the kneeling and all this other shit that Taylor Swift (honestly the modern day Elvis, I didn';t really know this) was pulled out of the ether to save NFL and it's not a ridiculous stance. She is like the savior. She is bringing young kids into the fold and nobody cares as long as it's working to get screens and hype.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
True, with 1 exception- Bobby Knight. He was always so unpredictable.

I remember Lesley Visser (IIRC) asking him on the court after a game ‘Coach, why did you win that game?’ And he answered- ‘Well Lesley, we scored more points than they did.’ ;)

EDIT- John McKay had some pretty good quotes after games as well.
John Chaney at Temple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT