ADVERTISEMENT

CFB playoff- best articulated by Mike Leach

Excellent post although I would say you are arguing to keep it 4 (which is my preference ) not 6-8. As you say very few would argue 5-8 or 9 are the best team even though occasionally they would pop through and win.

I don't necessarily agree on 4. I think there is a lot of questions regarding the relative strength of ND and UCF. My preference would be 6, comprised of the top 6 ranked conference winners/ Notre Dame. This avoids any conference runner-ups and minimizes rematches.
This year, that would leave out UW, a P5 conference winner.
Who said you couldn't include a team like UCF?

Certainly not I (In fact, I have mentioned, more than once :rolleyes:, how a reasonable format WOULD - and should - allow for the inclusion of a "UCF").
That doesn't preclude being able to recognize the OBVIOUS differentials which exists between the P5 and the..... not P5.... football conferences, unless you're a complete idiot.... so I guess the question is still in doubt for you?

Where the F do you come up with such tripe?
Is there some Race Up Stoopid Hill contest going on?
The race ended long ago norm and you are king of the mountain.

Last edited:
Reactions: roswelllion
It is "split into two levels".... in case you hadn't noticed :)

They call them the P5 and the ….. whatever the hell one calls the non-P5. :confused:

Whether there is a nice clean line drawn between the two - - - - or whether there is some formal distinct verbiage difference - - - - they are, most certainly, two different levels.
Ignoring the obvious - for the purpose of CREATING FUBAR - is just stoopid.

Of course, you seem to be capable of doing such things at least 78 times a day ;)

When G5 has their own playoff and a champion is awarded then it will be two levels. Right now there's one regardless of your typical nonsense when you don't have an argument.

Couldn’t have been said more clearly.

We can debate was FBS should do regarding playoffs, but what Mike Leach omits from his thesis is that FBS is the only level of college football that generates a profit and the playoff models of other levels would cut profit. How do we know? If it would generates more, it would have been instituted long ago.

Reactions: roswelllion
Who said you couldn't include a team like UCF?

Certainly not I (In fact, I have mentioned, more than once :rolleyes:, how a reasonable format WOULD - and should - allow for the inclusion of a "UCF").
That doesn't preclude being able to recognize the OBVIOUS differentials which exists between the P5 and the..... not P5.... football conferences, unless you're a complete idiot.... so I guess the question is still in doubt for you?

Where the F do you come up with such tripe?
Is there some Race Up Stoopid Hill contest going on?
Yea and when we get there we will do a touch with you and let you go.

A poster says let all 10 conferences in

You chide him by saying "There is the P5 and then whatever you want to call the rest" "they are different for a reason and to deny that is stupid"
You also have said let them prove it on the field and "picking" the playoff contenders is wrong.
"Then you say let UCF in"

So you suggest don't allow all conferences in because they are different
Don't "pick" who should be in the playoffs
However it is "okay" to pick UCF from a non P5 well just because

The more you post the more I think you do belong on the BoT. You would fit right in with those rocket scientists

Not when the away team is better all around, that is since when. Do you think OU would be -10 or more against UGa? There is a difference between slight and huge. This is coming sooner or later and it should as it's not fair to have the media and coaches have a popularity contest based on the past history of a program. 23 ships a year for everyone no matter who comes or goes and an 8 or 16 team playoff. Make the game even across all conferences and stop with this blue blood ancient history bowl BS.

Look at Gonzaga in B-ball. Akron won a MNC in mens soccer a few years back IIRC. Smaller schools make it to Omaha every now and then. A sport should be settled on the field and the rules in place shouldn't vary by conference when it's a billion dollar a year industry.
Um, Akron's win wasn't an "MNC" as it was on the field in a playoff--as the M stands for "mythical". But I get what you meant.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT