ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Starocci's injury - news, updates, and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look man. He gone. It is what it is.

Thing that bugs me is that Barraclaugh could have stepped up and got on that podium in KC, and now it's just a hole in what could have been the best team ever.

Freaking sad.

Obviously, this is not what I wanted to wake up to this morning. What makes you so confident that he is "gone" for good? Are you just speculating or do you actually have some inside information?

He is obviously angry with Cael's decision, but, he might just need some time to think it over.

Some people need to calm down (not unusual on this or any other wrestling board). He didn't tweet that he won't wrestle in 2 weeks, he said he's looking forward to moving on to the next chapter and he thanked PSU (he could have cussed PSU and his coaches out, but he didn't). Nobody with a brain believes that Carter didn't realize there was some likelihood that the coaches would encourage him or force him to default out yesterday and he's simply frustrated. It's almost as if none of you know anything about the kid at all (although in fairness, I didn't go to his high school, so.......).

Not talking about Carter here...
Sassy Drama Queen GIF

Obviously, this is not what I wanted to wake up to this morning. What makes you so confident that he is "gone" for good? Are you just speculating or do you actually have some inside information?

He is obviously angry with Cael's decision, but, he might just need some time to think it over.
The man posted that he's gone, and went back to State College. Jesus Christ some of you are having trouble with the obvious.

Reactions: Ski
It's possible to feel shitty for both Carter and Terrell. If you think that's a crap take well tough shit.
... or it's possible that you are misunderstanding Carter's tweet. That's the point. You are jumping ahead with feeling bad for Terrell before even understanding what is going on. He's angry and disappointed, and we all say stupid crap when we are angry. We often regret what we say when we calm down. His is just more public. Just give him space to grieve about what he lost the last couple days.

... or it's possible that you are misunderstanding Carter's tweet. That's the point. You are jumping ahead with feeling bad for Terrell before even understanding what is going on.
Sure. That's certainly possible. Perhaps some clarification might be helpful, if it weren't for the following facts:

Years ago Cael said Suriano was good to go, and he couldn't walk.

Starocci just forfeited both matches.

Starocci posted from State College.

Starocci posted "next chapter" and "thank you".

Feel free to jump in with the "optimistic" facts 😂

Personally I'm not complaining at all, in fact it's EXACTLY THE SAME AS EVERY SINGLE OTHER CAEL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM, at the end of the day.

1. We only send 9 wrestlers to Nationals instead of 10. ✔️
2. 5 or 6 of those wrestlers make deep runs. ✔️
3. We crown anywhere between 2 to 4 champions of those guys. ✔️
4. We end up with more team points than anyone else, but it's fairly close until Saturday morning when we clinch. ✔️

I made one point and that's about Barraclaugh getting a chance that he deserved if Carter couldn't go. I'm not blaming anyone, I am bummed out for Terrell. It sucks that some schlub from a D2 program rolled over on Carter's leg after the god damn ref should have stopped a match that meant less than nothing. That's what I blame.

Personally I'm not complaining at all, in fact it's EXACTLY THE SAME AS EVERY SINGLE OTHER CAEL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM, at the end of the day.

4. We end up with more team points than anyone else, but it's fairly close until Saturday morning when we clinch. ✔️

I made one point and that's about Barraclaugh getting a chance that he deserved if Carter couldn't go. I'm not blaming anyone, I am bummed out for Terrell. It sucks that some schlub from a D2 program rolled over on Carter's leg after the god damn ref should have stopped a match that meant less than nothing. That's what I blame.
1. The ref wasn't at fault. Sometimes people get hurt and no one is to blame. It's called life.
2. If indeed Carter doesn't wrestle nationals, then Carter screwed Barraclaugh out of the opportunity.

But like I said, I'll wait for the dust to settle. Lots of time for introspection between now and March 21st.

Here's what I don't understand. The coaching staff had to have made a determination if he was going to wrestle or not before they left State College for Maryland. I can't believe this was match day decision. They either knew he could go or not. I understand Carter's disappointment but you think they would have decided and discussed it before the day of the MFF's and he would have had time to process it before. Just seems strange this all blew up last night.

And no matter how disappointed he was, I don't like that he left his teammates mid tourney. Hope we see Carter in 2 weeks, if not a very sad ending to a brilliant career.

I'm sure this has been an emotional struggle for a guy as competitive as Cater. I hope he is ok. PSU will be fine at Nationals with or without him, but I want to see him win despite the injury reminding everyone once again that he is the baddest MF in this field. I for one hope his tweet was more of an emotional reaction to having his Hodge dreams hammered than a reaction to a worsening of the injury during a light drilling session or something. I know it is not good form to turn on a young man who has proven to be a fearless warrior in the circle his entire career. Godspeeed Carter no matter your path.

Your blame is misguided. Your thoughts are hysterical. Find a local trail and walk a bit. It’ll calm you, which you sorely need.

I'll preface my comments by saying that I've always been a big fan of Carter. He put in the work and made himself the best wrestler in the country for two years in a row. His loss to Kemmerer and subsequent revenge at NCAAs to win his first title was amazing. It's like he just decided that he was never going to lose again. It was legendary.

But...

If this is what it seems it is and he's quitting it will be a very sad ending to his career and a blemish on his entire PSU run. Why? Because it's obvious that if they sent him out to mff they're planning on having him go at NCAAs otherwise Bearclaw would have got a shot. So that means that he'd not only be walking away from a chance to be PSU's first 4-timer but he'd also be walking away from the chance to celebrate a championship with his team. You just don't do that. It also means that they sacrificed Bearclaw's shot at a postseason for nothing (which is a crappy thing to do to him).

On the other hand, this is also a smudge on Cael's record. I don't think there will be any negative repercussions because he's plainly trying to protect Carter's health but in my opinion it's still a mistake to stop him from going. My reasoning for this is that Carter is a full-grown adult and a senior. He's old enough to make his own decisions and if he goes against the coaches wishes and ends up getting hurt and not able to go to NCAAs it would be on him. Also, if he's really quitting we can assume he wasn't coming back next year anyway so basically the only option that would have seen him going for a fourth title was letting him wrestle yesterday.

Carter is going to do things his way. Sometimes, someone like me understands it, sometimes not. But it will always be his way.

This year, he’s talked a lot about the maturity he’s developed while at Penn State. If he recognizes that part in him, it may allow him to both remain true to himself and be flexible about what happens next. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t, and I will be grateful to have watched him compete.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Here's what I don't understand. The coaching staff had to have made a determination if he was going to wrestle or not before they left State College for Maryland. I can't believe this was match day decision. They either knew he could go or not. I understand Carter's disappointment but you think they would have decided and discussed it before the day of the MFF's and he would have had time to process it before. Just seems strange this all blew up last night.

And no matter how disappointed he was, I don't like that he left his teammates mid tourney. Hope we see Carter in 2 weeks, if not a very sad ending to a brilliant career.
If he couldn't go then they should have given Barraclaugh the chance. That's all I am saying. We didn't HAVE anyone 6 years ago behind Suriano, but we have a guy who lost to Shane Griffith by 1 point, and beat 4 ranked guys this year, and now we have a hole with nothing, and one of our key wrestlers left the team to go home early and is posting about moving on.

• Love
I'll preface my comments by saying that I've always been a big fan of Carter. He put in the work and made himself the best wrestler in the country for two years in a row. His loss to Kemmerer and subsequent revenge at NCAAs to win his first title was amazing. It's like he just decided that he was never going to lose again. It was legendary.

But...

If this is what it seems it is and he's quitting it will be a very sad ending to his career and a blemish on his entire PSU run. Why? Because it's obvious that if they sent him out to mff they're planning on having him go at NCAAs otherwise Bearclaw would have got a shot. So that means that he'd not only be walking away from a chance to be PSU's first 4-timer but he'd also be walking away from the chance to celebrate a championship with his team. You just don't do that. It also means that they sacrificed Bearclaw's shot at a postseason for nothing (which is a crappy thing to do to him).

On the other hand, this is also a smudge on Cael's record. I don't think there will be any negative repercussions because he's plainly trying to protect Carter's health but in my opinion it's still a mistake to stop him from going. My reasoning for this is that Carter is a full-grown adult and a senior. He's old enough to make his own decisions and if he goes against the coaches wishes and ends up getting hurt and not able to go to NCAAs it would be on him. Also, if he's really quitting we can assume he wasn't coming back next year anyway so basically the only option that would have seen him going for a fourth title was letting him wrestle yesterday.
I disagree. The decision is always the coaches’. If Starocci wrestled and re-aggravated his knee, no one would say Carter made a bad move, it would rightfully be on the coaching staff. Their first responsibility is the health of their athletes and putting them in the best situation for success. If they felt that meant CS not wrestling at Bigs, they have to go with that.

And you are full of shit. Good advice on the trail though. Thx!
Trying to understand why a grown man is so invested in this subject that he is posting on multiple forums and in an hysterical manner. You really do need to chill. Your team is running away with B1Gs and with one tweet, you've lost your composure. That's ridiculous. Why don't we let Cael and Casey handle this and realize that a midnight tweet isn't necessarily the end of the discussion. In fact, it is the beginning of the discussion internally.

I will add, if Carter really wanted to make a statement he is done with Penn State wrestling, he should have just never walked on the mat today the first time after being told by coaches he isn't wrestling, let alone the second. That way he's truly DQed from wrestling nationals and his chapter here is closed. He left the door open.
Unless he decided after that moment?

If he couldn't go then they should have given Barraclaugh the chance. That's all I am saying. We didn't HAVE anyone 6 years ago behind Suriano, but we have a guy who lost to Shane Griffith by 1 point, and beat 4 ranked guys this year, and now we have a hole with nothing, and one of our key wrestlers left the team to go home early and is posting about moving on.
Your local crisis hotline is likely taking calls. Failing that, call your mom.

Why wouldn't Carter leave after his 1st forfeit if he was done? He's not happy because he wanted to wrestle. I'm sure when they are honoring him in 2 weeks for being PSU's 1st 4 timer ( for all of 30 minutes ) he'll be grateful for Cael's decision.
Blind Faith 😂. Great classic rock band and represents your point also

Your local crisis hotline is likely taking calls. Failing that, call your mom.
See, I gave you a chance to be cordial, and you chose to be a dipshit. You should have mffd out yourself jerkoff. Go get lost on one of your trails without any water or cell phones. Do it today.

• Love
Actually I had thought about this “exact” thing last night before going to bed. He clearly wasn’t showing any recognition of what Cael was saying to him on the broadcast.

Reactions: Ski and danoftw
Trying to understand why a grown man is so invested in this subject that he is posting on multiple forums and in an hysterical manner. You really do need to chill. Your team is running away with B1Gs and with one tweet, you've lost your composure. That's ridiculous. Why don't we let Cael and Casey handle this and realize that a midnight tweet isn't necessarily the end of the discussion. In fact, it is the beginning of the discussion internally.
You are posting too and many of us enjoy posting on HR for the hell of it. Why don't you stop attacking and see OUR points also because more than just me feels like this about it.

See, I gave you a chance to be cordial, and you chose to be a dipshit. You should have mffd out yourself jerkoff. Go get lost on one of your trails without any water or cell phones. Do it today.
Your last response to him was to say that he was full of shit. But you gave him the chance to be cordial and he blew it. Did I get that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT