ADVERTISEMENT

Caps Tom Wilson

Saying positive things about a truly dirty player like Reaves because he cheap shot Tom Wilson

(insert same pot-kettle picture)

Not defending anyone, just telling you he kicks ass against anyone toe-to-toe, you know that. The NHL is scared to death of him, just reiterating that the posted article is very correct, probably underpaid, no question about it.

Not defending anyone, just telling you he kicks ass against anyone toe-to-toe, you know that. The NHL is scared to death of him, just reiterating that the posted article is very correct, probably underpaid, no question about it.
Underpaid? Toe-to-toe? No and nope. If players are scared of him it’s becsuse his reckless play demonstrates that he has no regard for his peers’ long-term health. Skill-wise, he’s a dime a dozen in the nhl, and he makes his living as a head-hunter who can’t be relied upon to play a full season due to his penchant for being suspended.

Reactions: bison13 and nittnee
Underpaid? Toe-to-toe? No and nope. If players are scared of him it’s becsuse his reckless play demonstrates that he has no regard for his peers’ long-term health. Skill-wise, he’s a dime a dozen in the nhl, and he makes his living as a head-hunter who can’t be relied upon to play a full season due to his penchant for being suspended.

He has 19 goals. He would be leading Arizona, Anaheim, and Ottawa in that category. For most of the game last night he and Claude Giroux had the same number until Giroux scored in the 3rd period.

He has 19 goals. He would be leading Arizona, Anaheim, and Ottawa in that category. For most of the game last night he and Claude Giroux had the same number until Giroux scored in the 3rd period.
He’d be leading in Arizona and Ottawa?? Wow! Guess I was wrong :rolleyes:.

Dime. A. Dozen.

Reactions: nittnee
Claude Giroux is a FAR more talented player than Wilson. Don’t let his stat sheet fool you...his numbers are a product of the line on which he plays.

Claude Giroux is a FAR more talented player than Wilson. Don’t let his stat sheet fool you...his numbers are a product of the line on which he plays.

Wait. I thought Oveckhin was a selfish Russian who never passes the puck and take all the shots for himself? How does that leave any shots for Wilson to score goals?????

Reactions: CJLion
Wait. I thought Oveckhin was a selfish Russian who never passes the puck and take all the shots for himself? How does that leave any shots for Wilson to score goals?????
He is, but you post that as if that’s the only other option. Maybe it’s that OV is an all-time great goal scorer, thus drawing more defensive attention away from his line mates? Or that OV’s shots get blocked and Wilson taps in rebounds? Or that Kuznetsov is a better all-around player than either OV or Wilson, and sets both of them up? Or maybe it’s simply that playing with 2 elite players just elevated his game?

Point is, minus the blatant head-hunting tendencies, there’s a Tom Wilson on every team.

Reactions: nittnee
Would it surprise you to learn Tom Wilson actually makes 8 and 92 better?

https://hockeyviz.com/fixedImg/wowy/1718/WSH/wilsoto94/wrap

(this is last year, but i'm sure that hasn't changed).
Sure he does. And here’s a bridge I’ll sell you for only $1...
330px-Brooklyn_Bridge_Postdlf.jpg

I wouldn't say tip-toed...I'd say he tap-danced....all over Oleksiak's face.

Well, let's see if Wilson "tap dances all over" Gudbranson's "face" next Tuesday night. Gudbranson knocked Wilson on his a$$ last year in Vancover, and then when Wilson got pi$$ed and tried to challenge him, Wilson got his clock cleaned. Refs jumped in and saved him after Gudbranson laid a big uppercut on him.

Penguins have been playing a lot more aggressive since the big boy showed up. Can't wait for Tuesday!!!!:):):):):):)

For most of the game last night he and Claude Giroux had the same number until Giroux scored in the 3rd period.

Giroux? The guy Crosby passed the torch to 6 years ago? Hmmmm. Guess Giroux is ready to pass it to Wilson.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Okay. Not sure who Nate is, but see ya at the Tom Wilson fanboy convention. Wait...no I won’t.

Nate started this thread...

You sure you won't be at the convention? Speakers will include Wendel Clark.

Is Tom Wilson the next-closest thing that the NHL has to Jarome Iginla.

Maybe not. But the Washington Capitals forward, who plays on the top line with Alex Ovechkin and Evgeny Kuznetsov, embodies the same traits. He can hit, he can fight, and with 18 goals in 45 games — a 32-goal pace — he is proving he can also score.

“Look at Wilson’s game in Toronto: a goal and an assist and a couple of big checks to turn the puck over,” said former NHLer Wendel Clark. “When you have guys that play like that, it’s not always that it happens on your shift, but now the whole team is aware. By the end of the game, you might make a few bad passes and Wilson isn’t even on the ice. You don’t know, because you don’t always look at name and face.”

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Oh, and by the way, Matt Cooke once scored 19 goals (speaking of Wilson-esque type players), so again...nothing there we haven’t seen on most nhl rosters.

Chris Simon had 29 one year, if you want someone who was on the Cpas more than a month.
Excellent choice...another Wilsonian type who in the end (after you weed through his goonery) is a decent, but nothing special talent. Certainly a good role player, but his value is not so much lighting the lamp as it is lighting up (and knocking out) the opponent’s players. Or put another way - dime a dozen.

Sometimes I still think of this post and it makes me laugh.
Indeed, reports of his demise have been rather greatly exaggerated. How'd you like them apples last night?

BTW, I'm generally a major eye roller when people talk about how one player or another should be arrested for this or that criminal assault charge based on some game-flow incident. You know what might have been a decent case for premeditated criminal assault (but thankfully, never arose)? When a team spends its entire offseason signing guys with little actual hockey utility who actually advertise themselves as a "solution to your player x problem" and then proceed to engage them during the forthcoming season.

Indeed, reports of his demise have been rather greatly exaggerated. How'd you like them apples last night?

BTW, I'm generally a major eye roller when people talk about how one player or another should be arrested for this or that criminal assault charge based on some game-flow incident. You know what might have been a decent case for premeditated criminal assault (but thankfully, never arose)? When a team spends its entire offseason signing guys with little actual hockey utility who actually advertise themselves as a "solution to your player x problem" and then proceed to engage them during the forthcoming season.
His fellow players have the ability to end his career if they desire to.
They dont, so they deserve whatever he deals out.

As a flyers fan the only team I root against more then the capitals is the penguins. As far a Wilson goes, I love to have him on my team. The Flyers might be the steam the NHL. Pathetic they are. You would love him if he was on you team.

Here’s the thing though. If you’re gonna get called for being Tom Wilson, in any any other world that would be known simply as bias. And that is sort of the opposite of what refereeing is supposed to be about.
Reputation matters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT