ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Plus for championships

psugrad85

Gold Member
May 7, 2003
In order to watch the first 3 sessions of the Championships this weekend, it looks like you are required to have a BTN Plus subscription.

You can get either a Conference Pass for $14.95 for one month, or a School Pass for $9.95 for one month.

The Conference Pass description reads "Access to BTN Plus for one month, featuring BTN Plus content for all of the schools in the Big Ten Conference", while the School Pass description reads "Access to BTN Plus for one month, featuring BTN Plus content for your chosen favorite school."

I think that the School Pass will work, but don't want to locked out from watching all mats.

Anyone else planning on doing the same thing, get a one month subscription?

It is definitely worth it. I subscribe every year in November and cancel in March. It is an easy cancelation too and it will store your information for the following season for easy re-subscription, that you need to manually do. No auto renewals.

But the question is...will a school-pass subscription work...or do we need the conference pass.
I asked them that question and got no reply, tho they did respond to something else?

But the question is...will a school-pass subscription work...or do we need the conference pass.
I asked them that question and got no reply, tho they did respond to something else?

I asked and they said you need a conference pass. Not sure they really knew but it's only an extra $5 so I'd go with the conference pass to be sure.

The only crappy part about it is that you don't get sessions or matches that are on BTN, unless you have that channel to start with. I, of course, don't.

But BTN+ is a GREAT resource.

Last year I was able to watch all mats with only my $9.95 subscription (Rutgers).

Also if anyone knows someone employed at a Big Ten University, if you login at the library or campus computer with their info you can watch any BTN+ for free. BTN gives all students/faculty/staff free access.

Also if anyone knows someone employed at a Big Ten University, if you login at the library or campus computer with their info you can watch any BTN+ for free. BTN gives all students/faculty/staff free access.

So...how will this work - will we have chance to divide the screen into qrtrs to see all four mats at same time..like with NCAAs on espngo or whatever that is ??

Grad school applications just went up ...

So...how will this work - will we have chance to divide the screen into qrtrs to see all four mats at same time..like with NCAAs on espngo or whatever that is ??

Yes, a school pass will work and you may have one mat full screen or down in the right hand corner you will see a rectangle with 4 squares in it. The empty rectangle is full screen with 1 mat and the one with the 4 squares you can drag what mats you want into there and watch them. So obviously with Big 10's only having 4 mats, you can have each mat in each square.

Another question for the vets: Will the sessions be available in the archives immediately after airing? I have a conflict during session III and would like to watch it before I watch the medal rounds. Thanks.

Another question for the vets: Will the sessions be available in the archives immediately after airing? I have a conflict during session III and would like to watch it before I watch the medal rounds. Thanks.

A little unsure about this, because I have not had to do it for awhile, but if I remember correctly it is, and say you start watching a half hour after the session starts, I think you can begin watching from the beginning so then I would assume they are immediately archived.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT