ADVERTISEMENT

BrockBronson Scholastic Recruiting Apocalypse Thread

Told yesterday that Camden Baum is transferring to McDevitt. His HS coach at Northern was just fired, and the fired coach's dad is McDevitt's head coach. There's a rumor is that there might be a little more juice to the story but details were vague. Maybe one you with better sources can get the full scoop, but sounds interesting.

McDevitt has been using Team Nauman for the last few years to pull in recruits. The old man Nauman is a coach at McDevitt. The son will be joining his staff soon and all his wrestlers will follow. PIAA will say nothing.

The other Nauman, Tyler is coaching somewhere in Pittsburgh.

McDevitt has been using Team Nauman for the last few years to pull in recruits. The old man Nauman is a coach at McDevitt. The son will be joining his staff soon and all his wrestlers will follow. PIAA will say nothing.

The other Nauman, Tyler is coaching somewhere in Pittsburgh.
I don't understand your statement. Mike Nauman has been running Team Nauman for years, before he was at McDevitt, he was at East Pennsboro and Middletown. McDevitt has had plenty of Nauman wrestlers even under Dean Shields. So now that he is the HC at McDevitt he is using his club to "pull in the recruits." One wrestler - leaves Northern before he wrestles at the HS level when his coach is fired - this happens all the time, even in the publics and is considered a "natural break" transfer by the PIAA. If Bartram and Fratelli want to transfer it is a whole different story as they've finished their sophomore years.

I'm not defending Nauman or McDevitt here, but am saying that the catholic schools do have to get their kids from somewhere - otherwise, they wouldn't have wrestling or any students for that matter. This seems like a pretty normal avenue for a kid to end up at a Catholic school. McDevitt has been around for a while in wrestling with some up and down cycles - I'd expect them to be in a pretty good cycle with Nauman coaching.

The whole claiming of middle schoolers is ridiculous - the high level kids are training at multiple locations and are not "homegrown" like they were 30 years ago. Most of you know that I am associated with a public school program. We had a nationally-ranked kid go to Malvern two years ago that would look pretty good in our lineup right now. You know what our coach said, "good for him, he'll get to compete for a team with a chance to be #1 in the country. I'm proud of our part in getting him there." Our program is pretty successful. I think that statement has a lot to do with that success.

I don’t think “no one gets upset”. Go to any District event and the Becahi and ND teams are like Hannibal Lecter coming out.

The issue is, all the kids I listed are going into 9th grade for ND, and Wenrich and Fenner are in 8th. The natural break rule limits what you can do to challenge. If Matt Veres starts putting up training videos from his house on Instagram as Notre Dame practices, that will be what gets them. Which is not out of the realm of possibilities, I’ve never heard any wrestling coach spoken about with as much disdain as Matt Veres. From other coaches, parents, kids, media members, whoever. If there is anybody who there would be a vendetta against, it’s him.

Also, Faith Christian is in District 1. Quakertown is right on the border, but on that side.
You are right about Veres. It's almost universal. I'm D1 and I still hear it from coaches. And it doesn't have much to do with them "stealing" kids.

It makes me think that the NDGP run will not have a lot of staying power. Faith is a different story - I never hear negative regarding their coaches, but when the bankroll(s) graduate and go to college it will be interesting what happens to that program.

You are right about Veres. It's almost universal. I'm D1 and I still hear it from coaches. And it doesn't have much to do with them "stealing" kids.

It makes me think that the NDGP run will not have a lot of staying power. Faith is a different story - I never hear negative regarding their coaches, but when the bankroll(s) graduate and go to college it will be interesting what happens to that program.
As long as the kids from CD do not transfer, I will be happy.

It has nothing to do with him stealing kids, it's the way he goes about his business. He's completely in it for himself, he treats people poorly, and he holds incredible personal vendettas against anybody and everybody. The way he treated Brad Wilson (beat writer from the Express-Times) at states last year was absolutely shameful - cursing out and threatening a reporter in a wheel chair on press row for having the audacity to write positive things about Ryan Crookham. Tells you everything you need to know about Veres as a person. I would never let my son wrestle for him and I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would.

I agree, the pools he has to get kids from keep getting smaller and smaller. And I know the “fun” thing has been beaten to death around here, but have you ever watched an ND team? They all look miserable most of the time - poor Holden Garcia looks like he has the weight of the damn world on his shoulders every time he wrestles in that singlet. That word gets around too. I think ND is going to go away as fast as they popped up.

I don't know Clymer very well, but he's respected by people I know. It's always the second wave of kids that determines how those programs stick around. Becahi landed it with the Labriola/Anderson/etc. group and were off to the races after. Jeff Karam also, while he has his flaws, I think does right by his kids and is fundamentally a good guy. That has a real effect on staying power too.

I don't understand your statement. Mike Nauman has been running Team Nauman for years, before he was at McDevitt, he was at East Pennsboro and Middletown. McDevitt has had plenty of Nauman wrestlers even under Dean Shields. So now that he is the HC at McDevitt he is using his club to "pull in the recruits." One wrestler - leaves Northern before he wrestles at the HS level when his coach is fired - this happens all the time, even in the publics and is considered a "natural break" transfer by the PIAA. If Bartram and Fratelli want to transfer it is a whole different story as they've finished their sophomore years.

I'm not defending Nauman or McDevitt here, but am saying that the catholic schools do have to get their kids from somewhere - otherwise, they wouldn't have wrestling or any students for that matter. This seems like a pretty normal avenue for a kid to end up at a Catholic school. McDevitt has been around for a while in wrestling with some up and down cycles - I'd expect them to be in a pretty good cycle with Nauman coaching.

The whole claiming of middle schoolers is ridiculous - the high level kids are training at multiple locations and are not "homegrown" like they were 30 years ago. Most of you know that I am associated with a public school program. We had a nationally-ranked kid go to Malvern two years ago that would look pretty good in our lineup right now. You know what our coach said, "good for him, he'll get to compete for a team with a chance to be #1 in the country. I'm proud of our part in getting him there." Our program is pretty successful. I think that statement has a lot to do with that success.

It has nothing to do with him stealing kids, it's the way he goes about his business. He's completely in it for himself, he treats people poorly, and he holds incredible personal vendettas against anybody and everybody. The way he treated Brad Wilson (beat writer from the Express-Times) at states last year was absolutely shameful - cursing out and threatening a reporter in a wheel chair on press row for having the audacity to write positive things about Ryan Crookham. Tells you everything you need to know about Veres as a person. I would never let my son wrestle for him and I can't for the life of me understand why anybody would.

I agree, the pools he has to get kids from keep getting smaller and smaller. And I know the “fun” thing has been beaten to death around here, but have you ever watched an ND team? They all look miserable most of the time - poor Holden Garcia looks like he has the weight of the damn world on his shoulders every time he wrestles in that singlet. That word gets around too. I think ND is going to go away as fast as they popped up.

I don't know Clymer very well, but he's respected by people I know. It's always the second wave of kids that determines how those programs stick around. Becahi landed it with the Labriola/Anderson/etc. group and were off to the races after. Jeff Karam also, while he has his flaws, I think does right by his kids and is fundamentally a good guy. That has a real effect on staying power too.
This post is dead on accurate. Kudos to u sir!!!!!

Veres could go down at top three most hated coaches in PIAA history. The way he taunts the crowd and acts like he is still in HS doesn’t help.

Reactions: d-1980
District 1/12 AA preseason rankings.

1. Kole Davidheiser Faith Christian
2. Joseph Wood Archbishop Carroll
3. Jeff Spofford Conwell Egan

1. Owin Brunner Faith Christian
2. Lukas Grodski Conwell Egan
3. Brady Pires Pope John Paul

1. Gauge Botero Faith Christian
2. Kevin Bagnell Conwell Egan
3. Hayden Skowronek Archbishop Carroll

1. Steven Harris Conwell Egan
2. Jonny O'Brien Faith Christian
3. Nick Caruso Springfield Township

1. Charlie Robson Conwell Egan
2. Sebastian Chiesa Church Farm
3. Mason Wagner Faith Christian

1. Chase Hontz Faith Christian
2. Kyle Conlen Archbishop Carroll
3. Christian Esty Conwell Egan

1. Maxwell Stein Faith Christian
2. Ricky Horger Conwell Egan
3. Giovanni Felix Church Farm

1. Cody Wagner Faith Christian
2. John Rodriguez Belmont Charter
3. Noel Crespo Conwell Egan

1. Cael Weidemoyer Faith Christian
2. Hayden Mann Conwell Egan
3. Will Horn Springfield Township

1. Adam Waters Faith Christian
2. Shamere Davenport Belmont Charter
3. Aaron Kaufman Springfield Township

1. Luke Sugalski Faith Christian
2. Jason Morrissey Springfield Township
3. Cooper Watson Devon Prep

1. Dante Burns Conwell Egan
2. Jason Singer Faith Christian
3. Gabe Zambrano Pope John Paul

1. Tristen Livezey Springfield Township
2. Laminakil Long-McKenzie Belmont Charter
3. Pat Wojiechowski Conwell Egan

Teams
1. Faith Christian
2. Conwell Egan
3. Springfield Township

District 4 AA Preseason Rankings:

Those Benton boys are coming.
1. Colten Wade (10) Sullivan County
2. Seth Kolb (10) Benton
3. Manny Stolzfus (9) Montgomery
4. Gage Swank (9) Muncy
5. Chase Shaner (10) Hughesville
6. Aristotel Bobotas (9) Montoursville
7. Anthony Barra (9) Bloomsburg

1. Max Wirnsberger (9) Meadowbrook Christian
2. Clayton Carr (11) Wyalusing
3. Jace Gessner (12) Lewisburg
4. Kaden Shay (11) South Williamsport
5. Carden Wagner (9) Montgomery
6. Bradyn Schadle (10) Line Mountain
7. Joshua Hill (11) Muncy

1. Brandt Harer (9) Montgomery
2. Brandon Wentzel (12) Montoursville
3. Blake Sassaman (12) Danville
4. Kayvon Shams (11) South Williamsport
5. Kristopher Kalbarchick (12)Mount Carmel
6. Landen Wagner (9) Lewisburg
7. Cale Wagner (11)North Penn

1. Chase Burke (12) Benton
2. David Kennedy (10) Montoursville
3. Tyler Ulrich (9) Warrior Run
4. Matthew Smith (10) Midd West
5. Nolan Baumert (11) Line Mountain
6. Holden Ward (10) Canton
7. Kenyon Slater (11) Troy

1. Kaden Milheim (12) Warrior Run
2. Mason Barvitskie (11) Southern Columbia
3. Ethan Kolb (12) Benton
4. Gage Wentzel (9) Montoursville
5. Seth McClintock (9) Montgomery
6. Cooper Robinson (9) Athens
7. Rylee Sluyter (10) Towanda

1. Scott Johnson (12) Muncy
2. Conner Heckman (12) Midd West
3. Dylan Granahan (12) Benton
4. Reagan Milheim (9) Warrior Run
5. Caiden Puderbach (12) Hughesville
6. Brayden Andrews (9) Southern Columbia
7. Ayden Hunsinger (10) Wyalusing

1. Cade Wirnsberger (12) Meadowbrook Christian
2. Cameron Milheim (10) Warrior Run
3. Lane Schadle (12) Line Mountain
4. Riley Vanderpool (10) Towanda
5. Jacob Courtney (12) Athens
6. Blaize Vogel (10) Montoursville
7. Hudson Ward (11) Canton

1. Conner Harer (11) Montgomery
2. Hayden Ward (12) Canton
3. Louden Murphy (11) Southern Columbia
4. Braden Vincenzes (11) Loyalsock
5. Colby LeBarron (10) Warrior Run
6. Dalton Schadle (9) Line Mountain
7. Kyle Ferster (12) Midd West

1. Bailey Ferguson (12) Canton
2. Kaden Rodarmel (11) Loyalsock
3. Jaymen Golden (11) Southern Columbia
4. Chase Wenrich (10) Lewisburg
5. Maxim Johnson (9) Line Mountain
6. Weston Whapham (11) Danville
7. Isaiah Betz (10) Warrior Run

1. Wesley Barnes (12) Southern Columbia
2. Kohen Lehman (12) North Penn
3. Alex Hoffman (11) Milton
4. Caden Finck (11) Montgomery
5. Caden Hageman (12) Danville
6. Porter Dawson (12) Sullivan County
7. Mason Higley (10) Towanda

1. Garrett Garcia (11) Southern Columbia
2. Riley Parker (12) Canton
3. Nick Wharton (12) Bloomsburg
4. Christopher Doyle (10) Milton
5. Jake Bobersky (12) Benton
6. Trent Wenrich (12) Lewisburg
7. George Valentine (10) North Penn

1. Austin Johnson (10) Muncy
2. Cale Bastian (11) Milton
3. Bradley Leon (12) Montgomery
4. Jude Bremigen (10) Southern Columbia
5. Ryan Casella (11) South Williamsport
6. Mason Woodward (12) Troy
7. Cole Yonkin (11) Montoursville

1. Emmanuel Ulrich (12) Mifflinburg
2. Gunner Treibley (12) Danville
3. Josh Nittinger (11) Athens
4. Ryan Weidner (11) Mount Carmel
5. Mason Nelson (12) Canton
6. Andrew Wolfe (12) Benton
7. Jared Gunther (12) Towanda

Teams
1. Benton
2. Warrior Run
3. Canton
4. Montgomery
5. Montoursville
6. Southern Columbia
7. Towanda

District 4 AA Preseason Rankings:

Those Benton boys are coming.
1. Colten Wade (10) Sullivan County
2. Seth Kolb (10) Benton
3. Manny Stolzfus (9) Montgomery
4. Gage Swank (9) Muncy
5. Chase Shaner (10) Hughesville
6. Aristotel Bobotas (9) Montoursville
7. Anthony Barra (9) Bloomsburg

1. Max Wirnsberger (9) Meadowbrook Christian
2. Clayton Carr (11) Wyalusing
3. Jace Gessner (12) Lewisburg
4. Kaden Shay (11) South Williamsport
5. Carden Wagner (9) Montgomery
6. Bradyn Schadle (10) Line Mountain
7. Joshua Hill (11) Muncy

1. Brandt Harer (9) Montgomery
2. Brandon Wentzel (12) Montoursville
3. Blake Sassaman (12) Danville
4. Kayvon Shams (11) South Williamsport
5. Kristopher Kalbarchick (12)Mount Carmel
6. Landen Wagner (9) Lewisburg
7. Cale Wagner (11)North Penn

1. Chase Burke (12) Benton
2. David Kennedy (10) Montoursville
3. Tyler Ulrich (9) Warrior Run
4. Matthew Smith (10) Midd West
5. Nolan Baumert (11) Line Mountain
6. Holden Ward (10) Canton
7. Kenyon Slater (11) Troy

1. Kaden Milheim (12) Warrior Run
2. Mason Barvitskie (11) Southern Columbia
3. Ethan Kolb (12) Benton
4. Gage Wentzel (9) Montoursville
5. Seth McClintock (9) Montgomery
6. Cooper Robinson (9) Athens
7. Rylee Sluyter (10) Towanda

1. Scott Johnson (12) Muncy
2. Conner Heckman (12) Midd West
3. Dylan Granahan (12) Benton
4. Reagan Milheim (9) Warrior Run
5. Caiden Puderbach (12) Hughesville
6. Brayden Andrews (9) Southern Columbia
7. Ayden Hunsinger (10) Wyalusing

1. Cade Wirnsberger (12) Meadowbrook Christian
2. Cameron Milheim (10) Warrior Run
3. Lane Schadle (12) Line Mountain
4. Riley Vanderpool (10) Towanda
5. Jacob Courtney (12) Athens
6. Blaize Vogel (10) Montoursville
7. Hudson Ward (11) Canton

1. Conner Harer (11) Montgomery
2. Hayden Ward (12) Canton
3. Louden Murphy (11) Southern Columbia
4. Braden Vincenzes (11) Loyalsock
5. Colby LeBarron (10) Warrior Run
6. Dalton Schadle (9) Line Mountain
7. Kyle Ferster (12) Midd West

1. Bailey Ferguson (12) Canton
2. Kaden Rodarmel (11) Loyalsock
3. Jaymen Golden (11) Southern Columbia
4. Chase Wenrich (10) Lewisburg
5. Maxim Johnson (9) Line Mountain
6. Weston Whapham (11) Danville
7. Isaiah Betz (10) Warrior Run

1. Wesley Barnes (12) Southern Columbia
2. Kohen Lehman (12) North Penn
3. Alex Hoffman (11) Milton
4. Caden Finck (11) Montgomery
5. Caden Hageman (12) Danville
6. Porter Dawson (12) Sullivan County
7. Mason Higley (10) Towanda

1. Garrett Garcia (11) Southern Columbia
2. Riley Parker (12) Canton
3. Nick Wharton (12) Bloomsburg
4. Christopher Doyle (10) Milton
5. Jake Bobersky (12) Benton
6. Trent Wenrich (12) Lewisburg
7. George Valentine (10) North Penn

1. Austin Johnson (10) Muncy
2. Cale Bastian (11) Milton
3. Bradley Leon (12) Montgomery
4. Jude Bremigen (10) Southern Columbia
5. Ryan Casella (11) South Williamsport
6. Mason Woodward (12) Troy
7. Cole Yonkin (11) Montoursville

1. Emmanuel Ulrich (12) Mifflinburg
2. Gunner Treibley (12) Danville
3. Josh Nittinger (11) Athens
4. Ryan Weidner (11) Mount Carmel
5. Mason Nelson (12) Canton
6. Andrew Wolfe (12) Benton
7. Jared Gunther (12) Towanda

Teams
1. Benton
2. Warrior Run
3. Canton
4. Montgomery
5. Montoursville
6. Southern Columbia
7. Towanda
Stupid question lol. Whatever happened to Columbia Montour vo-tech. They used to have some pretty good wrestling teams in the 90s

Interesting
Willie saylor said sidun is with Faith Academy. He was with mccort today. Another reason I can’t stand Catholic schools. Where did this Margo come from? Knocks off State Champion, MS kid sidun beats up a two time state placer. My buddy told me the kids they lost too were 7th Carfley and 9th grade butler
Thank god Mcort is not allowed in the PIAA this year. With them, NDGP and Faith it’s not fair for the publics
106 lbs
Seth Kolb04Austin CarfleyMD 11-1
113 lbs
Landon Bainey04Landon SidunMD 14-4
126 lbs
Hunter Gould04Bo BassettMD 16-8
132 lbs
Blake Aumiller05Mason GibsonTF 22-6 3:42
138 lbs
Scott Johnson03Devon MagroDEC 7-3
145 lbs
Ethan Kolb03Jackson ButlerDEC 5-1 SV
152 lbs
Devon GrubbFOR 0-060
160 lbs
Parker Kearns03Tommy CohenourDEC 7-4
170 lbs
Braidon WoodwardF 13-1 3:5760Braedon Welsh
182 lbs
Caleb CloseTF 17-1 2:1950Jordan Butler
195 lbs
06Rune LaweranceFOR 0-0
220 lbs
06Eli MakelFOR 0-0
285 lbs
Robert Ranger06Gavin Thompson

Last edited:
Brayden Wenrich, who won 80 pounds last year at PJWs, was listed in the Morning Call as a Faith Christian round up of Super 32. He was a D11 champ withNorthampton’s middle school program It says he’s in 7th grade, so he may be repeating a year.

The other interesting school listing in that round up was Noah Fenner as being from Easton instead of Bethlehem Catholic. That’ll be a battle to watch as we approach signing day.

Notre Dame’s roster went up on Trackwrestling. Looks like the freshman are Dominic Sumpolec, who was a PJW runner-up and D11 champ from NW Lehigh. Connor Smalley was a D11 runner up also from NW Lehigh and PJW R12. Gavyn Kelton was a D11 runner up from Bangor. Bangor had a very good Jr High team with 3 D11 finalists, Kelton looks like the first to go. No Fugazzotto, no Bouzakis so far.
Notre Dame got a couple of kids from Bangor in last couple of years. The LaPenna kid is from Bangor also. They also got a good kid from Pen Argyl this year.
Bouzakis is at Notre Dame .

Notre Dame got a couple of kids from Bangor in last couple of years. The LaPenna kid is from Bangor also. They also got a good kid from Pen Argyl this year.
Is Bouzakis definitely at Notre Dame? D11 did not get word of that yet.

Did Collin Ramsay go there from Pen Argyl? Last I heard he was still at Pen Argyl

BTW Veres must read this board. He took his roster off track lmfao
Veres still has a top three team with his recruits. Why is it every year he has falling out with families and losses a stud or two?

any word on Becca? Did they lose their two state champs? One to NLWC and one to Saucon Valley

Veres still has a top three team with his recruits. Why is it every year he has falling out with families and losses a stud or two?

any word on Becca? Did they lose their two state champs? One to NLWC and one to Saucon Valley
No they are both still at Beca.

confused GIF by Call of Duty World League

Reactions: NittanyLion84
This is top five funniest post ever on here. Look at that guy, he is showing off the calves & cheering they got another New Jersey wrestler to come to ND

Reactions: d-1980

They leave in many cases because of the parents' egos. They don't get their way or feel slighted, maybe their can't miss D1 AA won't start because of some other recruit, etc. All of the schools most talked about here have lost kids, and you'll probably see a lot more moving around in the next year or two.

Interesting
Willie saylor said sidun is with Faith Academy. He was with mccort today. Another reason I can’t stand Catholic schools. Where did this Margo come from? Knocks off State Champion, MS kid sidun beats up a two time state placer. My buddy told me the kids they lost too were 7th Carfley and 9th grade butler
Thank god Mcort is not allowed in the PIAA this year. With them, NDGP and Faith it’s not fair for the publics
106 lbs
Seth Kolb04Austin CarfleyMD 11-1
113 lbs
Landon Bainey04Landon SidunMD 14-4
126 lbs
Hunter Gould04Bo BassettMD 16-8
132 lbs
Blake Aumiller05Mason GibsonTF 22-6 3:42
138 lbs
Scott Johnson03Devon MagroDEC 7-3
145 lbs
Ethan Kolb03Jackson ButlerDEC 5-1 SV
152 lbs
Devon GrubbFOR 0-060
160 lbs
Parker Kearns03Tommy CohenourDEC 7-4
170 lbs
Braidon WoodwardF 13-1 3:5760Braedon Welsh
182 lbs
Caleb CloseTF 17-1 2:1950Jordan Butler
195 lbs
06Rune LaweranceFOR 0-0
220 lbs
06Eli MakelFOR 0-0
285 lbs
Robert Ranger06Gavin Thompson
Magro was at Forrest Hills with Bassett since he was little.

Ramsey went to ND along with Aiden Compton who is good Heavyweight. I think he was District 2A champ.
Wait Compton and Ramsey are both at ND? And that Sumpeloc? They may have edged out Faith for the best recruiting class this year.

Ramsey went to ND along with Aiden Compton who is good Heavyweight. I think he was District 2A champ.
Are you talking about Keegan Ramsay? He was a freshman last year for ND.

Compton actually was ruled ineligible and to sit out last year because of the transfer, but tore his ACL playing football and it became moot. He’s committed to Cornell I think?

Are you talking about Keegan Ramsay? He was a freshman last year for ND.

Compton actually was ruled ineligible and to sit out last year because of the transfer, but tore his ACL playing football and it became moot. He’s committed to Cornell I think?
No am talking about Collin Ramsay. He is a freshman this season and was at Pen Argyl

LOL your lucky you never saw bill and bobby brabender coach back in the 60s-70s!!Strong Vincent VS East!
I had some college roommates from Saint Vincent. Their brother would come in who couldn’t do the college thing and we’d be buying drywall patch the next morning. I can only imagine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT