ADVERTISEMENT

BrockBronson Scholastic Recruiting Apocalypse Thread

I mean both... I mean "makes sense" as in punish the adults more harshly than the kids. You recruit, minimum [x] year suspension from coaching, including sports related contact with PIAA athletes or attendance at piaa events. If you're suspended, no club coaching of 7-12 graders during suspension if you want to coach scholastically at a PIAA school. Then apply it equally to all schools.

It will never happen, but it should.
The recruiting, and the PIAA stomping on kids to discipline adults is a PIAA tradition that has been in existence for longer than my 60 years of experience.

The PIAA doesn’t mean as much as it used too. If the PIAA continues to be so corrupt I could see schools and individual wrestlers not even caring about post season.
Powerade, King of Mountain, Ironman, Beast of East, Escape the rock, Super 32 > PIAA States

Training at an RTC > Wrestling PIAA season

I’m actually rather surprised Greenville isn’t making a big stink about this (provided it’s true) considering John Reynolds deeply rooted disdain for the Reynolds program. Though Greenville may not be directly involved, I wouldn’t put it past John Reynolds to file a complaint with the PIAA regardless.

The more I take in the whole rumor, the less it makes sense. Louie is an incoming junior with an already known name on the national scene. Why would he give up the chance to be a 3x state champion just so he can go to a couple more nationally known tournaments this year then have to watch the postseason on the sidelines?
Did Greenville protest when Steen left Hickory for Reynolds?

District 11 plays by different rules plain and simple.

PIAA definitely has rules but they don’t apply them consistently. That is the major complaint by most.
Propose to us exactly how this is supposed to happen -- that PIAA is to enforce its rules in every sport, in every school district across the commonwealth.

Hell, forget the "every sport" part of it. Just how PIAA is to enforce its rules just in the one sport it cares about, football, in every school district across the commonwealth.

I just read the transfer rule. The income clause, is where the loophole is in regards for a kid leaving a private school. It could actually be a valid scenario if parents separate and they both had jobs. It also would create the opportunity of showing less income earned by changing income status before asking for transfer. Examples, quitting 2nd job,working less overtime or creating an LLC or C/ S Corp where private income would not show up for potentially 12 months or year end.

Last edited:
I just read the transfer rule. The income clause, is where the loophole is in regards for a kid leaving a private school. It could actually be a valid scenario if parents separate and they both had jobs. It also would create the opportunity of showing less income being earned by changing income status(examples, quitting 2nd job,working less overtime or creating an LLC or C/ S Corp where private income would not show up for potentially 12 months or year end) when you apply for transfer.
3856368.jpg

Hickory’s schedule this year includes King of the Mtn, Powerade, Mid-Winter Mayhem and Ultimate Warrior. Plenty good enough for any wrestler in the State and beyond to meet their goals for those that said this was about a better schedule.

Propose to us exactly how this is supposed to happen -- that PIAA is to enforce its rules in every sport, in every school district across the commonwealth.

Hell, forget the "every sport" part of it. Just how PIAA is to enforce its rules just in the one sport it cares about, football, in every school district across the commonwealth.
BE CONSISTENT and light up the schools who violate it. Schools used to have to fill out some type of form every time a students transferred. Those went to the district and PIAA. Easy enough to track if schools are filling them out.

BE CONSISTENT and light up the schools who violate it. Schools used to have to fill out some type of form every time a students transferred. Those went to the district and PIAA. Easy enough to track if schools are filling them out.
I don't think any sane person expects perfection, but when PIAA announces that it won't enforce rules when kids transfer from a school that drops a sport mid-season, it's hard to have much respect for their concern with transfers for athletic purposes.

I'd be satisfied just to see them consistently enforce even the easy cases. But they don't even pretend to do that.

I don't think any sane person expects perfection, but when PIAA announces that it won't enforce rules when kids transfer from a school that drops a sport mid-season, it's hard to have much respect for their concern with transfers for athletic purposes.

I'd be satisfied just to see them consistently enforce even the easy cases. But they don't even pretend to do that.
I agree! Well Said ChillW

Heard at a Labor Day cookout from a very close source: Gill will be approved by PIAA, parents claiming a legal separation and this is untouched by the PIAA. D11 & Reynolds has been using this approach for years. The Blue Raiders pull another over on the PIAA! I would be lying but glad to see the public schools getting one back since the Privates do this all the time.

my honest question how many of the top 20 don’t have wrestlers who transfers or relocated to their schools. Obviously the top three openly recruit. Ridge has kids from 3-4 other school districts, Reynolds is back to their games bringing in Gill and then claiming a hardship, QV has kids who transferred from all over the WPIAL, Warrior Run brought in the Milheim’s & others, Burrell has their open enrollment and has been doing this for years now.

The Over/under for the amount of wrestlers who transferred in to the top three schools in the last two years (NDGP, Faith and McDevitt) O/U 40

I would say over-

The O/U amount of states they have wrestlers from. 6.
NJ, MD, DE, CT, VA- I would say just under

My Way Too Early Top 20 AA STATE DUAL Rankings!!!! By a friend of mine, Chris Edwards from Keystone Caliber wrestling.

(Based on the State Dual Format)

1. Notre Dame (11)
2. Bishop McDevitt (3)
3. Faith Christian Academy (1/12)
4. Saucon Valley (11)
5. Benton (4)
6. Chestnut Ridge (5)
7. Brookville (9)
8. West Perry (3)
9. Burgettstown (7)
10. Quaker Valley (7)
11. Burrell (7)
12. Berks Catholic (3)
13. Bald Eagle Area (6)
14. Warrior Run (4)
15. Canton (4)
16. Fort LeBoeuf (10)
17. Reynolds (10)
18. Tyrone (6)
19. Lackawanna Trail (2)
20. General McLane (10)

Reactions: PAwrestling
my honest question how many of the top 20 don’t have wrestlers who transfers or relocated to their schools. Obviously the top three openly recruit. Ridge has kids from 3-4 other school districts, Reynolds is back to their games bringing in Gill and then claiming a hardship, QV has kids who transferred from all over the WPIAL, Warrior Run brought in the Milheim’s & others, Burrell has their open enrollment and has been doing this for years now.

The Over/under for the amount of wrestlers who transferred in to the top three schools in the last two years (NDGP, Faith and McDevitt) O/U 40

I would say over-

My Way Too Early Top 20 AA STATE DUAL Rankings!!!! By a friend of mine, Chris Edwards from Keystone Caliber wrestling.

1. Notre Dame (11)
2. Bishop McDevitt (3)
4. Saucon Valley (11)
5. Benton (4)
6. Chestnut Ridge (5)
7. Brookville (9)
8. West Perry (3)
9. Burgettstown (7)
10. Quaker Valley (7)
11. Burrell (7)
12. Berks Catholic (3)
13. Bald Eagle Area (6)
14. Warrior Run (4)
15. Canton (4)
16. Fort LeBoeuf (10)
17. Reynolds (10)
18. Tyrone (6)
19. Lackawanna Trail (2)
20. General McLane (10)
Thanks for the post on here. Much appreciated

I would say over-

1. Notre Dame (11)
2. Bishop McDevitt (3)
4. Saucon Valley (11)
5. Benton (4)
6. Chestnut Ridge (5)
7. Brookville (9)
8. West Perry (3)
9. Burgettstown (7)
10. Quaker Valley (7)
11. Burrell (7)
12. Berks Catholic (3)
13. Bald Eagle Area (6)
14. Warrior Run (4)
15. Canton (4)
16. Fort LeBoeuf (10)
17. Reynolds (10)
18. Tyrone (6)
19. Lackawanna Trail (2)
20. General McLane (10)
'Cause "iron sharpens iron" and everyone knows its true. Kids wouldn't be driven miles to elite clubs if it wasn't.

Why should one be saddled with a wrestling dream handicap, just because they were born in a certain school district?

Why should parents feel the need to seek out distant elite clubs, in part, due to PIAA rules?

Why don't people lobby for the PIAA to allow transfers for athletic interest, anyways?

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
PIAA private states at Hershey would be fascinating. I think this would be the hardest of the three divisions if they went AA, AAA and Private/Public with more than 3 transfers!

SW McCort got a really good 106 from Florida. Registered for super 32.
Good teams are going to get kids regardless. Can’t argue with parents making that decision just move and do it before HS starts. Then don’t be mad when people point it out either. Southern and Benton did it for years as well. Though it seems to have slowed lately for both. My main issue is it can kill small school programs when guys leave.

Trust me I know it happens in public too. Did Mcort get the Degenero kid from Florida. He is really tough and has been to m2 a few times. It’s hard keeping up with all the kids who transfer. You see them registered under their new school name.
Any word on the Bouzakis family. I heard Faith or Becca was the last landing pads. They are 100% out of Sem

'Cause "iron sharpens iron" and everyone knows its true. Kids wouldn't be driven miles to elite clubs if it wasn't.

Why should one be saddled with a wrestling dream handicap, just because they were born in a certain school district?

Why should parents feel the need to seek out distant elite clubs, in part, due to PIAA rules?

Why don't people lobby for the PIAA to allow transfers for athletic interest, anyways?
Agree with some of this sentiment, especially the club part. But none of this really applies to Louis Gill, Hickory at present has as much in the room as Reynolds.

The reason that you don't want open athletic enrollment is because the kid's parents from outside the school district who doesn't pay taxes to that district takes the spot of a kid whose parents from that district who do. That's the official political line.

Even if taxes weren't involved, you'd be asking a person to have a longer drive than his/her home school to participate because the incoming kid took a spot. Not every kid is a state-ranked wrestler, let alone nationally-ranked, and in a "grow the sport" mentality, not sure the best is just making that kid who might go 10-15 and never get out of sectionals travel even further and leave friends.

Agree with some of this sentiment, especially the club part. But none of this really applies to Louis Gill, Hickory at present has as much in the room as Reynolds.

The reason that you don't want open athletic enrollment is because the kid's parents from outside the school district who doesn't pay taxes to that district takes the spot of a kid whose parents from that district who do. That's the official political line.

Even if taxes weren't involved, you'd be asking a person to have a longer drive than his/her home school to participate because the incoming kid took a spot. Not every kid is a state-ranked wrestler, let alone nationally-ranked, and in a "grow the sport" mentality, not sure the best is just making that kid who might go 10-15 and never get out of sectionals travel even further and leave friends.
This is well said. I agree. There is a place for those kids and families.

Three Divisions:
AA, AAA and Privates- this ends lots of bull crap

Reactions: donboy6499
Lincoln Sledzianowski 106 McCort at super 32. Florida 3rd as an 8th grader.
Sledzianowski is a tough kid. Will rep USA at 15U Pan Ams this fall. He would probably place but highly unlikely not make finals at AA 106 this year. I'd think that he'd be behind the top couple lids and in a pack with a handful who could go from anywhere from 3/4 to DNP. I heard where DeGenaro was going but it wasn't McCort.

This is well said. I agree. There is a place for those kids and families.

Three Divisions:
AA, AAA and Privates- this ends lots of bull crap
I don't think the 3 divisions thing helps - Gill is a great example. You get rid of 2 or 3 super teams in AA and AAA, but just end up packing them with 90% of private schools who are no better than an average small school team in most sports. You'd just see more kids packing a few public schools instead of going private - those kids (the parents really) won't want to be removed from the main classes. First step is to have clear rules that are enforced consistently. Without that, it's lipstick on an Iowa fan.

Sledzianowski is a tough kid. Will rep USA at 15U Pan Ams this fall. He would probably place but highly unlikely not make finals at AA 106 this year. I'd think that he'd be behind the top couple lids and in a pack with a handful who could go from anywhere from 3/4 to DNP. I heard where DeGenaro was going but it wasn't McCort.
He definitely won't make the finals. McCort is still on a postseason suspension.

He definitely won't make the finals. McCort is still on a postseason suspension.
Even if they were in, he'd be a longshot for top 3, more likely 4-7. Not knocking him at all - just that AA is going to be lights out top to bottom at several weights this year, and that's one of them unless some kids have grown a lot this summer.

Is Degennaro coming to pa?

I don't think the 3 divisions thing helps - Gill is a great example. You get rid of 2 or 3 super teams in AA and AAA, but just end up packing them with 90% of private schools who are no better than an average small school team in most sports. You'd just see more kids packing a few public schools instead of going private - those kids (the parents really) won't want to be removed from the main classes. First step is to have clear rules that are enforced consistently. Without that, it's lipstick on an Iowa fan.
agree 100%

This may never happen where the rules are enforced consistently. The same thing happens in D11 year after year. Everyone in the state knows it, including Lombardi and it’s allowed.

Was just watching my grandson at some duals at Spooky Nook in Lancaster. That is a monstrous facility. This afternoon we stayed and watched the HS division. I was impressed by the amount of HS kids who are getting matches in. There is no wonder why PA is still the best in HS. Marsteller had a loaded team with all of Lehigh valley and it was fun to watch some up and comers. McCruit Faith Academy had their teams. Remember this name Jo Bachman. He is going to light up HS. I heard about him but the first time watching him in person. Faith is loaded and well coached. Faith Academy is about to take over this year. Move over NDGP.

Was just watching my grandson at some duals at Spooky Nook in Lancaster. That is a monstrous facility. This afternoon we stayed and watched the HS division. I was impressed by the amount of HS kids who are getting matches in. There is no wonder why PA is still the best in HS. Marsteller had a loaded team with all of Lehigh valley and it was fun to watch some up and comers. McCruit Faith Academy had their teams. Remember this name Jo Bachman. He is going to light up HS. I heard about him but the first time watching him in person. Faith is loaded and well coached. Faith Academy is about to take over this year. Move over NDGP.
Bachman has a younger brother too I think and they both win pretty much everything. Very tough kids. Is Joe going to be a freshman or still in middle school?

Joe Bachmann is only in 8th grade this year

Reactions: hlstone
Someone said tonight Bachman wouldn’t even make their team and loses to their 106 Davidheiser. I can’t believe this after seeing him today.

Dillard is another one who will be special in HS. I think he is going to Bethlehem. He was wrestling on chances team.

Someone said tonight Bachman wouldn’t even make their team and loses to their 106 Davidheiser. I can’t believe this after seeing him today.

Dillard is another one who will be special in HS. I think he is going to Bethlehem. He was wrestling on chances team.

Who ever you talked to is an idiot. Bachman would kill Davidheiser at 106, it would not be remotely close. If Davidheiser is that good why did he stay down at 94 so long? Why not test out the waters against the better kids the last year? Look forward to seeing Super 32 play out at 106 and 113.

Also about Gill and being able to wrestle post season, an absolute travesty and a joke from the PIAA. Bitch move on him and his family to avoid AAA, and in the process it screws the kids from AA. It is so blatantly obvious this is for athletic reasons, and it clearly states you can not wrestle post season when you move yet he gets a pass. I do not care what the BS excuse they used. All politics.

Reactions: dicemen99
I agree with you about Gill. The PIAA is so inconsistent and it stinks but he should sit. Running from AAA back to AA is mind blowing.

HS duals at spooky nook-
Dillard beats Seidel
Stein (Faith academy or NDGP) beats Manville
Waters had a senior Jersey State Champion beat.
Gaj beat Manville in ot
Nasedo md link 10-0
Magro beat Shaw 6-0

I agree with you about Gill. The PIAA is so inconsistent and it stinks but he should sit. Running from AAA back to AA is mind blowing.

HS duals at spooky nook-
Dillard beats Seidel
Stein (Faith academy or NDGP) beats Manville
Waters had a senior Jersey State Champion beat.
Gaj beat Manville in ot
Nasedo md link 10-0
Magro beat Shaw 6-0
I would not have expected Dillard to beat Seidel at this point, or for Manville to drop those two matches. That said it's September so I would put too much stock in those results. I do agree that Dillard is gonna be special in HS.

Davidheiser is going to have to convince me that he's a legit podium threat this year. He's tough, but HS 107 is going to be a big change from the MS/cadet mid-90s competition. It wouldn't surprise me if he had the upper hand on Bachman for a short while last year, but Joe was still a boy then. He won't be sitting on anyone's bench when he gets to HS.

Reactions: BrockBronson
Results are on FLO. How on gods green earth does Bachman lose one in middle school.

Manville dropped three actually and Basset tf’d Nasedo 19-4, after Cael majors Link from Malvern. These preseason events are madness. Sement barely losses to Stanich. Stanich should of won Junior fargo and Sement doesn’t place in cadets. Jude Correa needs to be on the radar. Looks like he got bonus every match

Results are on FLO. How on gods green earth does Bachman lose one in middle school.

Manville dropped three actually and Basset tf’d Nasedo 19-4, after Cael majors Link from Malvern. These preseason events are madness. Sement barely losses to Stanich. Stanich should of won Junior fargo and Sement doesn’t place in cadets. Jude Correa needs to be on the radar. Looks like he got bonus every match
He lost one because there are some pretty damn good kids in MS. It's a big country and there were a ton of good wrestlers there this weekend, a lot from out of PA.

I wouldn't call any results madness. It's wrestling, it's offseason, and kids can have a bad match or two especially when they are wrestling 7 matches with some of them, are not in the greatest shape. (We actually wrestled 11 matches - we double bracketed as we were our HS team plus 2 so we did both the HS and Club division) These are 4:30-minute matches and if you make one mistake in the first period and you're wrestling a decent kid on small matches it can be easy to drop one. A couple of run-outs and all of the sudden there are 30 seconds left.

Charlie Robson beat Jacaruso in OT in the back room - don't think I saw that result mentioned. He had a nice weekend for us, I think he only lost to Botello of BoE.

That’s a great victory for Robson.
Yes, it is. I think that match is very indicative of what you can take from these off-season dual tournaments.

You can't really knock down Jacaruso for the loss - Robson is likely a couple of weight classes above him in the regular season, Jacaruso looked like he hadn't seen a mat all summer, etc, etc.

But what you can take from these things is some under-the-radar talent that emerges.

Another thing I took away from this tourney. NJ has a real good crop right now, they showed out in force here.

Did any of u guys hear where Gavin Green will be going to high school. I believe he is a District 3 Fairfield kid but heard he isnt going to Fairfield.

ADVERTISEMENT