ADVERTISEMENT

BrockBronson Scholastic Recruiting Apocalypse Thread

Did any of u guys hear where Gavin Green will be going to high school. I believe he is a District 3 Fairfield kid but heard he isnt going to Fairfield.
My guess would be one of the Catholic Schools. Delone is closest, then Trinity, then Bishop McD. We watched him at NE Regionals - he competed against some of our friends' kids. A lot of natural ability and nice kid.

Reactions: PAwrestling
His dad is trying to bring Delone back. Another stud in PA from another state. He lives in Md. Another AA medal a public school kid will have no chance of winning.
AA, AAA, & Privates needs to happen

His dad is trying to bring Delone back. Another stud in PA from another state. He lives in Md. Another AA medal a public school kid will have no chance of winning.
Band Play GIF by ShiGai
Carry on.

Is he registered at 106 for S32? I agree, it's ridiculous.

Willie did his show today and talked a lot about Mcort and Faith Academy. I guess kids are still moving to Mcort and could careless about losing the PIAA. He said Mccort hasnt been effected because they would rather get a jump on team trials.

He said Faith will be a top ten nationally ranked program within the next few years. He said not many people in PA has any idea how loaded and how many kids they brought in under the radar. He said Landon Sidun is going there in the podcast. That is going to be another instant impact. Waters is an incoming freshmen and just beat a Top Ten ranked kid this weekend.

Reactions: danoftw
The rich get richer.
I guess at super 32 people were saying Faith Academy got another MS state champion Transferring there from NortHampton and Reynolds had a MS state champion just transfer. Bouzakis’ are both going to end up at NDGP.

The rich get richer.
I guess at super 32 people were saying Faith Academy got another MS state champion Transferring there from NortHampton and Reynolds had a MS state champion just transfer. Bouzakis’ are both going to end up at NDGP.
District 11 has not received word that Bouzakis has transferred to a school in D11.

Reactions: dicemen99
The rich get richer.

watch for even more new names to show up on Reynolds' roster this season. :(

Recruits and transferring has gone on for decades in wrestling. I thought finally the PIAA was going to take a stand. The Crucified Mcort and has done nothing since. In my eyes, Reynolds has been like a private schools for the last 15 years bringing in kids from all over, including Ohio.
Burrell does the same. I guess Chestnut Ridge has a couple transferring in and some on the move. This is just AA. Can’t imagine what AAA looks like

Reactions: Str8DBLz
A problem is that someone needs to file a complaint with PIAA for them to investigate. As much as I'd like to see it stop, I certainly wouldn't want to be the one to cause a bunch of kids to lose their dreams. As for AA v. AAA, it seems that AA is much worse this year. Maybe its because people have been able to take over some moribound (if they even existed) programs without resistance.

Reactions: nitlion6
Breaking news- I guess at the PIAA oversight committee meeting it was brought up there are quite a few schools pulling the Mcort thing. The PIAA is looking into busting these programs up. The standard is now set, coach loses two years, wrestlers sit out. Programs being watched are the ones everyone knows are doing it Faith, Nazareth, Reynolds, ND, Waynesburg, Becca. The ones who I didn’t know Chestnut Ridge, Norwin, Trinity

Reactions: d-1980
Also heard Mcort isn’t ever wrestling PIAA postseason and choosing not too. They applied to preps and application is being reviewed

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Breaking news- I guess at the PIAA oversight committee meeting it was brought up there are quite a few schools pulling the Mcort thing. The PIAA is looking into busting these programs up. The standard is now set, coach loses two years, wrestlers sit out. Programs being watched are the ones everyone knows are doing it Faith, Nazareth, Reynolds, ND, Waynesburg, Becca. The ones who I didn’t know Chestnut Ridge, Norwin, Trinity
The PIAA will not be busting anything up. Not to stick up for FCA but the majority of their kids transferred in Junior High. No PIAA rule applies here. Southern Columbia has been going that route for decades.

Reactions: jpsolo
The PIAA isn't going to do shit, and even if they did it would not be evenhanded.

To beat a dead horse, I think coaches who are caught recruiting should be punished a lot more harshly than kids. That said, I think thst PIAA's rules against transfers for athletic intent apply to grades 7-12, so they might be able to make an example out of someone if I'm correct.

Nitlion6 is right though, whatever happens, it won't be consistent unless they do nothing.

Reactions: nitlion6
Surprised McDevitt isn't on that list for both wrestling and football.

I agree it should be the coach getting crushed and the school. Fine the school and I bet it gets watched much more.

Reactions: ChillW
I agree, I was shocked when I didn’t hear them. Nauman has a pipeline with his club, funnels them all in.

I finally figured out where all that "they think wrestling was invented in 2010 (2020)" stuff came from. Nothing to do with PSU and Cael.

The rich get richer.
Brayden Wenrich, who won 80 pounds last year at PJWs, was listed in the Morning Call as a Faith Christian round up of Super 32. He was a D11 champ withNorthampton’s middle school program It says he’s in 7th grade, so he may be repeating a year.

The other interesting school listing in that round up was Noah Fenner as being from Easton instead of Bethlehem Catholic. That’ll be a battle to watch as we approach signing day.

Notre Dame’s roster went up on Trackwrestling. Looks like the freshman are Dominic Sumpolec, who was a PJW runner-up and D11 champ from NW Lehigh. Connor Smalley was a D11 runner up also from NW Lehigh and PJW R12. Gavyn Kelton was a D11 runner up from Bangor. Bangor had a very good Jr High team with 3 D11 finalists, Kelton looks like the first to go. No Fugazzotto, no Bouzakis so far.

Brayden Wenrich, who won 80 pounds last year at PJWs, was listed in the Morning Call as a Faith Christian round up of Super 32. He was a D11 champ withNorthampton’s middle school program It says he’s in 7th grade, so he may be repeating a year.

The other interesting school listing in that round up was Noah Fenner as being from Easton instead of Bethlehem Catholic. That’ll be a battle to watch as we approach signing day.

Notre Dame’s roster went up on Trackwrestling. Looks like the freshman are Dominic Sumpolec, who was a PJW runner-up and D11 champ from NW Lehigh. Connor Smalley was a D11 runner up also from NW Lehigh and PJW R12. Gavyn Kelton was a D11 runner up from Bangor. Bangor had a very good Jr High team with 3 D11 finalists, Kelton looks like the first to go. No Fugazzotto, no Bouzakis so far.
No Tettemer either which is weird and Fuggazzotto stayed at NWL am being told.

Last edited:
The wild Wild West, District 11 allows all this to happen. Lombardi knows it is going on. How is this ok and fair? We all thought finally PIAA was going to stand up but the Mcort thing must have been something personal against them.

how can NDGP, Beth cath and now Faith keep doing this & no one in their area gets upset. How doesn’t The PIAA stop this.

The wild Wild West, District 11 allows all this to happen. Lombardi knows it is going on. How is this ok and fair? We all thought finally PIAA was going to stand up but the Mcort thing must have been something personal against them.

how can NDGP, Beth cath and now Faith keep doing this & no one in their area gets upset. How doesn’t The PIAA stop this.
I don’t think “no one gets upset”. Go to any District event and the Becahi and ND teams are like Hannibal Lecter coming out.

The issue is, all the kids I listed are going into 9th grade for ND, and Wenrich and Fenner are in 8th. The natural break rule limits what you can do to challenge. If Matt Veres starts putting up training videos from his house on Instagram as Notre Dame practices, that will be what gets them. Which is not out of the realm of possibilities, I’ve never heard any wrestling coach spoken about with as much disdain as Matt Veres. From other coaches, parents, kids, media members, whoever. If there is anybody who there would be a vendetta against, it’s him.

Also, Faith Christian is in District 1. Quakertown is right on the border, but on that side.

I don’t think “no one gets upset”. Go to any District event and the Becahi and ND teams are like Hannibal Lecter coming out.

The issue is, all the kids I listed are going into 9th grade for ND, and Wenrich and Fenner are in 8th. The natural break rule limits what you can do to challenge. If Matt Veres starts putting up training videos from his house on Instagram as Notre Dame practices, that will be what gets them. Which is not out of the realm of possibilities, I’ve never heard any wrestling coach spoken about with as much disdain as Matt Veres. From other coaches, parents, kids, media members, whoever. If there is anybody who there would be a vendetta against, it’s him.

Also, Faith Christian is in District 1. Quakertown is right on the border, but on that side.
What I meant is other school districts need to file complaints, but from what I heard Hartmen throws them out anyway. He loves to claim D11 is the Mecca of wrestling. In reality all the best kids flock to the same teams, play by different rules when it comes to transfers and then lose to the District 7 kids at Individual states.
Could you imagine if D4 would make an all star team, we would stand a chance against the D11 all star teams (ND, Beth and Nazareth)

ADVERTISEMENT