ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking from Pennlive Curley and Shultz plead guilty.

On the flip side, if you're employee was accused of rape, it was investigated and charges were never filed in 1998. Then in 2001, the same thing occurs--do you treat it lightly because it happened before and nothing came of it or do you think...this is a serious problem and let the authorities do their thing. Schulz clearly knew it could blow up based on his pulling the 1998 record and calling Wendell, no? At the end of the day, common sense was not used with these folks.

I agree they could have done more like include LE but if they did indeed tell TSM they at least told someone who had the obligation to investigate the report and send it to DPW. That should have started the ball rolling.

Reactions: Zenophile
Of course not...mistakes were made. He's also not the evil villain portrayed by so many just upset this blew back on PSU.

Yeah, no. More upset with him because it didn't even occur to him that he left the kid in danger and then wanted to play the hero 10 yrs later.

On the flip side, if you're employee was accused of rape, it was investigated and charges were never filed in 1998. Then in 2001, the same thing occurs--do you treat it lightly because it happened before and nothing came of it or do you think...this is a serious problem and let the authorities do their thing. Schulz clearly knew it could blow up based on his pulling the 1998 record and calling Wendell, no? At the end of the day, common sense was not used with these folks.

Schultz appeared to know the most. he was the one who talked to the PSU lawyer Wendell. He was 'in charge' administratively of the PSU police whatever that meant and he knew about 1998. He heard MM's story firsthand.

What doesn't make sense is if you are Curley and Schultz talking to Mike about that night, you would figure they would have probed him for more information. Basically doing the exact same thing that Dranov and MM's dad did. So either MM tells them horseplay and nothing sexual same as he did before (and that is what C/S said happened). Or MM told them it was sexual and C/S chose to ignore it and take the path they took. And I don't believe that if C/S was told by MM that he saw a sex act, that those guys don't report it.

So the story C/S heard was the horseplay story. They had a choice to report JS to DPW and they chose not to erroring in favor of JS which at the time and JS stature in the community probably is not that crazy.

Possibly, but I'm starting to wonder who's story or lies we may want to actually believe. To me...MM is low hanging fruit and was a pawn in the investigation.
Starting to wonder? Seems that many are anchored in their beliefs. No doubt Mike was a pawn in this. But if I am to believe what he has been saying since 2010, then his actions in 2001 and beyond are very difficult rationalize.

Yeah, no. More upset with him because it didn't even occur to him that he left the kid in danger and then wanted to play the hero 10 yrs later.
Ummm, yeah no...you kind of lost credibility when you put on your pretend cape superhero. Mistakes were made and you get upset with MM...low hanging fruit in this case, but you're on to something. :rolleyes:

Schultz appeared to know the most. he was the one who talked to the PSU lawyer Wendell. He was 'in charge' administratively of the PSU police whatever that meant and he knew about 1998. He heard MM's story firsthand.

What doesn't make sense is if you are Curley and Schultz talking to Mike about that night, you would figure they would have probed him for more information. Basically doing the exact same thing that Dranov and MM's dad did. So either MM tells them horseplay and nothing sexual same as he did before (and that is what C/S said happened). Or MM told them it was sexual and C/S chose to ignore it and take the path they took. And I don't believe that if C/S was told by MM that he saw a sex act, that those guys don't report it.

So the story C/S heard was the horseplay story. They had a choice to report JS to DPW and they chose not to erroring in favor of JS which at the time and JS stature in the community probably is not that crazy.
We need to hear a lot more from Courtney. His story seems to have changed.

Starting to wonder? Seems that many are anchored in their beliefs. No doubt Mike was a pawn in this. But if I am to believe what he has been saying since 2010, then his actions in 2001 and beyond are very difficult rationalize.

Starting to wonder as I was giving those administrators the benefit of the doubt. I think I was a bit naive there and I'm starting to think that they choked and really did screw this all up. Yes MM could have done more...as could have anyone up the line from him, but those that knew about 98 and now are flipping...kind of changed my tune there. I thought it was it more of a witch hunt which it partly was, but I'm also now starting to believe that they had the cards there and were busy doing favors for Jer Bear.

Do you have the rest of this document? Without context as to what these percentages mean it's not very informative. For example, this could be the percent of people that disagree with the statement. Why was Centre county not included?

The document is on page 14 from Exhibit H of Sandusky's 2nd Amended PCRA petition. Which is on page 187 of 254 for the entire 2nd amended PCRA.

http://co.centre.pa.us/centreco/media/upload/SANDUSKY SECOND AMENDED PCRA PETITION.pdf

Not quite. They were investigating an incident at Sandusky's workplace. The child was met at TSM, but this wasn't a TSM program.

TSM was well aware of JS personal 1 on 1 time with kids. He checked kids like AF out of school. This definitely was a TSM program even if it was kept informal(IE not written down).

The plan was suppose to be worked out with DPW; It is questionable if they ever informed TSM.

DPW said the claim was unfounded so no plan was necessary in their eyes.

Sure, except nobody at PS ever called DPW in 2001.

No one at PSU was required to for this incident but they did inform TSM who absolutely had a responsibility to report this matter to DPW.

Not quite. They were investigating an incident at Sandusky's workplace. The child was met at TSM, but this wasn't a TSM program.

TSM was well aware of JS personal 1 on 1 time with kids. He checked kids like AF out of school. This definitely was a TSM program even if it was kept informal(IE not written down).

The plan was suppose to be worked out with DPW; It is questionable if they ever informed TSM.

Sure, except nobody at PS ever called DPW in 2001.

No one at PSU was required to for this incident but they did inform TSM who absolutely had a responsibility to report this matter to DPW.

Last edited:
Starting to wonder as I was giving those administrators the benefit of the doubt. I think I was a bit naive there and I'm starting to think that they choked and really did screw this all up. Yes MM could have done more...as could have anyone up the line from him, but those that knew about 98 and now are flipping...kind of changed my tune there. I thought it was it more of a witch hunt which it partly was, but I'm also now starting to believe that they had the cards there and were busy doing favors for Jer Bear.
I think everyone is trying to put a spin on yesterday's news or interpret it meaning something much worse. Understandable. It could be quite simple and not the bombshell of bad news.

How many times must it be repeated: HE SLAMMED HIS LOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What more could he have done???????

He is a hero

Those wooden (not metal) locker doors really make a loud noise -- maybe even loud enough to hear by someone standing under running water around the corner.

But you pulled your junk out in 2017.

You remind me of Charles Tex "Clem"Watson in the Manson trials JockJunk....."The zipper was open, it fell out, and the parents got excited".

You're an asshole Jacobs, total and complete.

Ed, I'm telling you in 2017. I told the police in 2012. You were never that important for Spanier to tell you the details.

But MM talked to JM, Dranov, Joe, Curley, and Schultz and none of them ever said that MM used the word SEX or anything definitive. And I don't believe for a second that if he had every used any type of explicit wording with any 5 of them that any of them would not have contacted the police and/or told MM to goto the police ASAP. So circumstantial evidence is overwhelming that MM never said what he later claimed in 2010 timeframe to have said. Or you really do believe that those 5 people are monsters which I don't believe as none of them had enough to gain to cover something like that up.

So you are down to getting a fuzzy story from MM about JS horsing around with a kid in the showers. it bubbles from JM/Dranov to Joe to C/S to C/S/S. C/S/S come up with the plan and execute it which is to ban JS and tell TSM. JM later follows up with C/S and gets told the plan and is OK with it. So again, JM has another shot to do something and doesn't.

Reactions: francofan
TSM was well aware of JS personnel 1 on 1 time with kids. He checked kids like AF out of school. This definitely was a TSM program even if it was kept informal(IE not written down).

It still wasn't part of their program.

DPW was suppose to but a plan in place immediately, prior to the termination; they didn't.

No, PSU, i.e. Spanier had a duty to report. According to Curley, he didn't tell Raykovitz it was child sexual abuse.

You can be both disgusted at the inaction or worse of CSS and think McQuery is a coward and he and his cheerleading squad here are pos.

I think everyone is trying to put a spin on yesterday's news or interpret it meaning something much worse. Understandable. It could be quite simple and not the bombshell of bad news.

I don't think that yesterday's news is a bombshell. The OAG made Curley and Schultz a very generous plea bargain agreement that dismissed all of the felony charges and left a single misdemeanor in the OAG's hope of salvaging the case against Spanier. Curley and Schultz would be fools not to accept the agreement given the polluted jury pool as evidenced by exhibit H of Sandusky's 2nd amended PCRA petition. Their pensions will remain intact and I seriously doubt they will have do do any jail time. If they do testify at Spanier's trial, I don't believe their testimony will be a game changer. If Spanier's trial is anything close to fair, it will be no contest. The federal government, led by Federal Investigative Service (FIS) Special Agent John Snedden did an extensive 6 month investigation of Spanier and concluded there was no cover up and Spanier did nothing wrong in renewing Spanier's Top Secret and SCI Department of Defense clearances.

http://lawnewz.com/opinion/exclusiv...te-president-concluded-there-was-no-cover-up/

Makes sense unless the speculation of a CS flip on Spanier is accurate.

JM later follows up with C/S and gets told the plan and is OK with it. So again, JM has another shot to do something and doesn't.

Not only that, but MM testified that 4 or 5 days after meeting with C/S, Curley called him personally to follow up (told him they were informing TSM and revoking guest privileges) and MM didn't utter one word of dissatisfaction with their plan (which didn't involve JS getting arrested mind you) and never said more needed to be done while he had TC on the phone.

I asked this numerous times, but if the one and only witness was satisfied with their plan why would the admins think otherwise or think that more needed to be done? MM's vauge detail lacking report was forwarded to the child care experts at TSM who were 1000X more qualified to deal with it. Literally everyone went on their their lives for the next 9 years as if everything was ok until MM was tracked down by OAG and wove a tale that made no one's actions from 2001 (including MM) make any sense whatsoever.

It lines up perfectly with quotes from Schultz and Curley. Except, they go further. They would have to make a complete 180 on the stand. And they used the words "horsing around" and "horseplay" with other witnesses. Not JUST Spanier.
A 180 like pleading guilty after 5 years of maintaining their innocence?

You should probably prepare for disappointment.

It still wasn't part of their program.

DPW was suppose to but a plan in place immediately, prior to the termination; they didn't.

No, PSU, i.e. Spanier had a duty to report. According to Curley, he didn't tell Raykovitz it was child sexual abuse.

So what your saying is no one told TSM about 98 because it didn't involve one of their official programs? Ok, so if that's true nobody in LE or DPW thought it was a good idea to inform TSM that JS was using the organizations name to acquire children without there knowledge and that they should have safeguards against this?

Also, except for Harmon if he knew, nobody had a responsibility at PSU to report this to DPW in 2001.

Not only that, but MM testified that 4 or 5 days after meeting with C/S, Curley called him personally to follow up (told him they were informing TSM and revoking guest privileges) and MM didn't utter one word of dissatisfaction with their plan (which didn't involve JS getting arrested mind you) and never said more needed to be done while he had TC on the phone.

I asked this numerous times, but if the one and only witness was satisfied with their plan why would the admins think otherwise or think that more needed to be done? MM's vauge detail lacking report was forwarded to the child care experts at TSM who were 1000X more qualified to deal with it. Literally everyone went on their their lives for the next 9 years as if everything was ok until MM was tracked down by OAG and wove a tale that made no one's actions from 2001 (including MM) make any sense whatsoever.

Exactly. MM gets cornered by cops 8 years later and they put the heat on him that JS is a child molester and either he saw something that can help put JS away or he was too much of a wimp to do anything about it at the time and that is what the cops will say, maybe even the cops tell MM that they are going to investigate him. So of course MM is going to say that he told C/S it was sexual. It is just a defense mechanism in his own brain that allows him to believe that he was right in what he did and he wasn't personally responsible for allowing a child molelster to run free. It is essentially kill or be killed at that point for MM. Also make note that after the $hit hit the fan, MM always stood up for JoePa which I also attributed to a guilty conscience as MM knew he exaggerated/lied and he felt horrible that Joe got implicated.

Exactly. MM gets cornered by cops 8 years later and they put the heat on him that JS is a child molester and either he saw something that can help put JS away or he was too much of a wimp to do anything about it at the time and that is what the cops will say, maybe even the cops tell MM that they are going to investigate him. So of course MM is going to say that he told C/S it was sexual. It is just a defense mechanism in his own brain that allows him to believe that he was right in what he did and he wasn't personally responsible for allowing a child molelster to run free. It is essentially kill or be killed at that point for MM. Also make note that after the $hit hit the fan, MM always stood up for JoePa which I also attributed to a guilty conscience as MM knew he exaggerated/lied and he felt horrible that Joe got implicated.

Who the hell cares? A grown man was taking a shower with a child at night.

Good freaking God some of you are scary.

Reactions: _fugazi_
A 180 like pleading guilty after 5 years of maintaining their innocence?

You should probably prepare for disappointment.

I don't doubt there is more to come but plea bargaining down to 1 M from multiple felonies and what the state was supposed to have on them is not exactly a 180 wouldn't you say ---- more like maybe a 15 degree shift ?

if you've read my posts I didn't just blame Mike
go way way back and I always had concerns with Schultz specifically but I was waiting for more information

I'm not hanging my hat on anything - i'm still one who truly, truly wants the truth.....so it was a simple question
I felt the same way, frankly. But even there, more negligence than coverup. Unless it was a coverup to save himself.

Go ask your imaginary friend , he could talk to the other voices in your head.

Aside from that , there will be a trial and part of the evidence is testimony from two guys who took a plea . Witness testimony is evidence . Now why do you think they plead guilty to this ?
For fun? Or they realized there was evidence against them . You can toss this idea around with your imaginary friend and the other voices, see what they think.

Even you know that they pleaded to the lowest possible charge. I mean come on the state removed numerous charges to get this settled. There has always been evidence they did not report it to the police and that is the only charge that ended up sticking. JS and MM and bad admin decisions are to blame for this whole mess.

STD - it doesn't have to be a report of abuse for the TSM - it was an "incident" and that matters from their perspective - they should have done something more - at the very least file an "Incident Report"
Have you noticed that he's unwilling to even acknowledge this fact?

And there are these gems:
Sandusky didn't "work" for TSM. He was on the Board; he was one of the people that ran it.

Who did he tell that to? Raykovitz, who had no supervision of Sandusky, and didn't have any resources to get him this "help?" Unlikely. Someone at PSU, that did have supervision of him, had the resources, and whose police department was investigating? Much more likely.

And this one's my personal favorite:
Some of extends beyond campus, but possibly not TSM.

JJ is purposely deflecting attention away from the Second Mile.

this^^

im also quite certain that the State Police had the goods on him for betting on college football. which would have ended his coaching career on the spot if they allowed that info to go public

Who the hell cares? A grown man was taking a shower with a child at night.

Good freaking God some of you are scary.

what is your point. JS was investigated by the police for showering with a boy and found innocent in 1998. JS showered with boys on dozens of occasions as was put forth in his trial. JS was recognized by the president of the United States as a great human being. JS was a pillar of the State College community and widely known throughout the state as a great man who helped out disadvantaged youths. If you were C/S/S at the time and you got that report, it was no different than 1998 and JS showering with boys in the PSU showers for the past 2 decades. And giving JS the benefit of the doubt based on who he was is not a crazy thought. Now if MM says the words sexual or say he saw JS having sex with a boy, then it is a completely different story.

Reactions: WeR0206
No, I'm arguing that there was more that Gricar in 1998 than the OAG had in 2011about the same incident and that Gricar knew that he had enough to prosecute. He chose not to, if Sandusky "received help with the problem?"

To whom did he say **I won't prosecute if Sandusky receives help with the problem?**

What exactly was John Seasock being contracted for starting in 2000? Why contract an unlicensed nobody from all the way over in Kingston?

Mike is a gutless loser.

this^^

im also quite certain that the State Police had to goods on him for betting on college football. which would have ended his coaching career on the spot if they allowed that info to go public

Instead, the degenerate coward gets millions for walking out on a kid in a shower with a grown man, and has his local hacks come here to gloat about some I-told-you-so "victory" with a misdemeanor plea, as if his inaction for a decade is absolved. Some world.

I believe the statistics back you up on this. It's just easy to say what you would do when that same exact situation may never occur. Anyone can say what they would do, but the reporting/breaking up rate on assaults isn't exactly overwhelming. I believe we squashed this argument 5 years ago.
Had CRASE training recently--including the practical part (part 2). That's "Civilian Response to Active Shooter Event"--at least that's what it is called here in Central Ohio. The practical part used a real gun and blanks. And I can tell you that you really don't know what you'd do in that situation until you are in it--even if it's just practice. People were surprised both ways (including the instructor once).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT