ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking from Pennlive Curley and Shultz plead guilty.

Have I been in a situation where I have questioned an adult about something suspect? Yes, absolutely have. And it involved another adult at that. Listen, there are folks who stand by and watch the train wreck and there are others who try to prevent it. When possible, I prefer to do the latter.

huh, wtf are you talking about. im not talking about questioning someone

im referring to barging into the shower and physically stopping a sexual assault while its taking place... an assault being performed by an absolute pillar in the community that you have known your entire life. have you done something similar? if not, then you cant say what you would have done

and again, his inaction days, weeks, months after are inexcusable. but in the moment, thats a different story

Last edited:
or simply coming out and saying that directly to his dad, dranov, Joe, Tim, or Garry instead of beating around the bush and saying 10 years later that "I was sure I got my point across"

Ding, Ding, Ding.

FOIA requests?
Freedom of information act requests . Even with pleas their statements to the AG's office and any other testimony and other statements will be publicly available if requested .
Think the media will request them ? I do.

im referring to barging into the shower and physically stopping a sexual assault while its taking place... have you done something similar? if not, then you cant say what you would have done

Look, I don't know you from a can of paint so I would never say how you would react, but I know ME and I'd definitely react. There is no woulda, coulda, shoulda because I know my personality. If I was wrong about the situation, I'd have no problem apologizing to all parties and move on. But If I felt that strongly about what I was seeing? It would not be a question for me to immediately react and stop the sexual assault of a child!

Last edited:
DPW did not even indicate Jerry. Problem.

That's a huge problem because no authority did anything in 98 except to say the claim was proven to be false after a DPW investigation. I guess he should have been wearing shorts like Dr R said he should in these situations. The 98 situation would have a negative affect on how they handled 2001 based on the 98 decisions.

So according to STD in 98:

1. Gricar tells PSU as JS employer to get him help so he doesn't have to prosecute him for his actions even though his actions are not related to his employment at PSU but are directly related to his involvement at the TSM.
2. The TSM puts no protection plans in place for JS to prevent this situation from arising again in the future. This is where the children are being provided to JS, not PSU. I guess PSU should have told JS in his off time not to deal with kids alone.
3. JS retires from PSU.
4. 2001 report from MM comes in and seems like it's a repeat of 98.
5. PSU tells JS his guest privileges on campus are revoked and report him the TSM.
6. TSM does what with this report?

The 98 accusation was handled as a nothing to see here situation by the authorities and IMO could have had negative impact on how the 2001 situation was handled by PSU. Long story short if the authorities handled 98 correctly the 2001 incident probably never occurs.

So either way, whatever Schultz and Curley told the AG's office as soon as it available. They'll testify at a trial.
If there's a plea their statements will be released soon enough.
And all information will be available publicly at some point . It might take awhile , but it's going to be released .

Reactions: Stufftodo
If he felt the kid was being sodomized as he alluded to in testimony then yes, he should have barged in the shower and stopped it. If he was unsure of what was going on but it didn't seem right, he should have walked over to the shower and questioned if everything was okay. The first situation he should physically react, the 2nd he should verbally and visually react.

thanks for proving my point.

im referring to barging into the shower and physically stopping a sexual assault while its taking place... have you done something similar? if not, then you cant say what you would have done
I believe the statistics back you up on this. It's just easy to say what you would do when that same exact situation may never occur. Anyone can say what they would do, but the reporting/breaking up rate on assaults isn't exactly overwhelming. I believe we squashed this argument 5 years ago.

And a question for towny while he's basking in delight: What made MM not report it in 2001? There is the one who should have been charged more than any other. Instead he walks away with millions.

lay off mike, he bravely slammed his locker before walking out of the building leaving the kid with sandusky

he was a hero

Agree. He was in a nearly impossible situation and tried a move that had too high of a degree of difficulty.

Legally, he was not. It was a solid case, and he had an ADA who was specifically designated for these types of case. He removed her from this one.

This was not a difficult case from a legal perspective. Two victims, the perpetrator's admission, timely reporting.

Freedom of information act requests . Even with pleas their statements to the AG's office and any other testimony and other statements will be publicly available if requested .
Think the media will request them ? I do.
they will be available when any and all appeals are over

thanks for proving my point.

Yeah no, I don't think I proved your point at all. You're telling me you don't know how you'd react meaning whether you'd do something or act like mike and run away. I'm telling you I'd do SOMETHING right there.

1. Gricar tells PSU as JS employer to get him help so he doesn't have to prosecute him for his actions even though his actions are not related to his employment at PSU but are directly related to his involvement at the TSM.

Not quite. They were investigating an incident at Sandusky's workplace. The child was met at TSM, but this wasn't a TSM program.

2. The TSM puts no protection plans in place for JS to prevent this situation from arising again in the future. This is where the children are being provided to JS, not PSU. I guess PSU should have told JS in his off time not to deal with kids alone.

The plan was suppose to be worked out with DPW; It is questionable if they ever informed TSM.

Long story short if the authorities handled 98 correctly the 2001 incident probably never occurs.

Sure, except nobody at PS ever called DPW in 2001.

fair point...but by every account...though he did not use the word "rape" he certainly felt that was what was going on...yes?

Regardless...what would YOU have done in a similar situation?

I know I would never had the cohones to slam my locker door, mike was a hero for doing that....before walking out leaving the child with sandusky, a hero I say

Reactions: baircub1!
Legally, he was not. It was a solid case, and he had an ADA who was specifically designated for these types of case. He removed her from this one.

This was not a difficult case from a legal perspective. Two victims, the perpetrator's admission, timely reporting.

And a whole host of other kids to interview should he have chosen to.

Last edited:
I believe the statistics back you up on this. It's just easy to say what you would do when that same exact situation may never occur. Anyone can say what they would do, but the reporting/breaking up rate on assaults isn't exactly overwhelming. I believe we squashed this argument 5 years ago.

I don't doubt your statistics as I'm aware that a good amount of people do nothing. However, he was asking about me specifically and I can only answer about what i'd do. Again, I've had no issue approaching people when I thought something didn't seem right. It depends on the person and it just isn't a problem for me. I grew up in the city, there is no situation that I don't may never occur. Though I now live outside of the city I've tried to impart that same mentality in my kids. Anything can happen to anyone, anywhere.

Anyhoo, don't want to hijack the thread with this.

he absolutely is one of bad guys here

I think there are a lot of guys that were confronted with a grey situation. A marginal situation. Its like seeing a parent spank a child. What is the level where it needs to be reported? Nobody knows, for sure. Who is at fault? How about the janitor? the wrestling coach at the high school? MM? MM's posse?

Fact is, at that time, much of what we believe about pedo's was not uncovered as the inflection point was the Boston Globe's series of articles on the Catholic Church priests that came out later in 2001 (and started a lot of research on the subject, including recidivism).

Society now looks back on early 2001 thinking "well this is easy", and its not. So many things have changed. The Taliban was running rampant over AF, harboring terrorists, but now we all know what horrors these people were. We didn't then; it was just some other effed up society.

Unfortunately, all of the errors made by the janitor, in 1998, MM, MM's posse, Joe, Curley, Schultz, Spanier, the BOT, etc.....all rolled up to Joe C, S & S as the scapegoats. And, since they make PSU and the state of PA cough up $500,000,000 overall, they were going to get a conviction by God and Country. And they did.

Agree. However, still doesn't excuse his not going to the police if he witnessed what he now claims he did. Either way, he's not a "good guy" in all of this.

Not quite. They were investigating an incident at Sandusky's workplace. The child was met at TSM, but this wasn't a TSM program.

The plan was suppose to be worked out with DPW; It is questionable if they ever informed TSM.

So who from PSU was speaking directly to RG in 1998? Seems that PSU police didn't file an accurate report (if you are correct). Although we have not seen the entire report.

Reactions: Zenophile
Agree. However, still doesn't excuse his not going to the police if he witnessed what he now claims he did. Either way, he's not a "good guy" in all of this.
Of course not...mistakes were made. He's also not the evil villain portrayed by so many just upset this blew back on PSU.

lay off mike, he bravely slammed his locker before walking out of the building leaving the kid with sandusky

he was a hero

This is why you can ignore the haters. They have NOTHING bad to say about McQuery, a 6-4, 240 lb man who, allegedly, witnessed a sexual assault of a child and walked away. Walked away and left the child there. And JOE PATERNO is the monster!!! It's absolutely ludicrous. All the PSU employees are on the hook over something a grown man walked away from and didn't even call the police.

The critics are after Joe Paterno and Penn State football. Let's call a spade a spade. We're up to, what, 40+ kids who were assaulted on the MSU campus. Have you seen any of these PSU critics so concerned about "the kids" breathe one word about the MSU victims? Of course not.

Let the hypocrites continue to hyperventilate and how about we continue to support efforts like Thon, continue to support our student athletes getting a great education and making a mark in this world.

That's a huge problem because no authority did anything in 98 except to say the claim was proven to be false after a DPW investigation. I guess he should have been wearing shorts like Dr R said he should in these situations. The 98 situation would have a negative affect on how they handled 2001 based on the 98 decisions.

3. JS retires from PSU.
4. 2001 report from MM comes in and seems like it's a repeat of 98.
5. PSU tells JS his guest privileges on campus are revoked and report him the TSM.
6. TSM does what with this report?

The 98 accusation was handled as a nothing to see here situation by the authorities and IMO could have had negative impact on how the 2001 situation was handled by PSU. Long story short if the authorities handled 98 correctly the 2001 incident probably never occurs.

On the flip side, if you're employee was accused of rape, it was investigated and charges were never filed in 1998. Then in 2001, the same thing occurs--do you treat it lightly because it happened before and nothing came of it or do you think...this is a serious problem and let the authorities do their thing. Schulz clearly knew it could blow up based on his pulling the 1998 record and calling Wendell, no? At the end of the day, common sense was not used with these folks.

Of course not...mistakes were made. He's also not the evil villain portrayed by so many just upset this blew back on PSU.
I think he tried to do the right thing by reporting JS in 2001. Beyond that it is difficult to say. Quite frankly, the whole situation still doesn't make any sense. I don't have any delusions that we will find the whole truth in this mess. It certainly seems to me that his story has changed from 2001 until now. And if that is true, then you may want to put him closer to that bad corner.

Reactions: WeR0206
This is why you can ignore the haters. They have NOTHING bad to say about McQuery, a 6-4, 240 lb man who, allegedly, witnessed a sexual assault of a child and walked away. Walked away and left the child there. And JOE PATERNO is the monster!!! It's absolutely ludicrous. All the PSU employees are on the hook over something a grown man walked away from and didn't even call the police.

The critics are after Joe Paterno and Penn State football. Let's call a spade a spade. We're up to, what, 40+ kids who were assaulted on the MSU campus. Have you seen any of these PSU critics so concerned about "the kids" breathe one word about the MSU victims? Of course not.

Let the hypocrites continue to hyperventilate and how about we continue to support efforts like Thon, continue to support our student athletes getting a great education and making a mark in this world.

Are you 12? Haters?? They have a different opinion . It's an opinion that is more likely true than what others are saying.
Two days ago many didn't think there would be pleas .
But I'll raise you grown men ,college administrators , police, coaches , and a DA did nothing in 98, and you want to complain about McQueary?
Best prepare yourself to redefine who the haters are and who ignored this.

I think he tried to do the right thing by reporting JS in 2001. Beyond that it is difficult to say. Quite frankly, the whole situation still doesn't make any sense. I don't have any delusions that we will find the whole truth in this mess. It certainly seems to me that his story has changed from 2001 until now. And if that is true, then you may want to put him closer to that bad corner.
Possibly, but I'm starting to wonder who's story or lies we may want to actually believe. To me...MM is low hanging fruit and was a pawn in the investigation.

It baffles the brain how you could have no problem with what MM did. He was direct witness to a child being compromised, according to HIM. And you're okay with him getting out of the locker room instead of figuring out what was going on and making SURE the kid was okay before leaving? Good God, I pray some of you aren't parents, teachers or guardians.

How many times must it be repeated: HE SLAMMED HIS LOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What more could he have done???????

He is a hero

But you pulled your junk out in 2017.

You remind me of Charles Tex "Clem"Watson in the Manson trials JockJunk....."The zipper was open, it fell out, and the parents got excited".

You're an asshole Jacobs, total and complete.

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
How many times must it be repeated: HE SLAMMED HIS LOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What more could he have done???????

He is a hero

He froze. People freeze in the face of heinous crimes, it's been proven in studies.

There is zero excuse, however, for not calling police afterward. Zero.

Reactions: roswelllion

"Hey Mike - could you please describe your actions immediately after hearing/witnessing what you believed to be inappropriate, possibly sexual behavior between Jerry Sandusky and a minor?"

"Sure!"

Sexiest-Locker-Slam-Youll-Ever-See.gif

We'll never know if he is or isn't. I mean if he really didn't tell CS what he claims he did (and there are some anecdotal things to at least consider this) yet sues the University and walks away with a fortune, well I would categorize him as such.

Are you 12? Haters?? They have a different opinion . It's an opinion that is more likely true than what others are saying.
Two days ago many didn't think there would be pleas .
But I'll raise you grown men ,college administrators , police, coaches , and a DA did nothing in 98, and you want to complain about McQueary?
Best prepare yourself to redefine who the haters are and who ignored this.

But yet you keep defending MM. Smh. HE acted like a 12 yr old and ran away and left the kid. Just gutless, but you go ahead and defend him.

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT