ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking from Pennlive Curley and Shultz plead guilty.

Defending him how? By saying he screwed up? Ask dukie if they know me or if I know MM unlike Curley's crusagmders. Be mad at him, I passed that by about 3 years ago. You're so damn angry at him you totally ignore the big 3 and it's hitting the fan. You're probably still wishing MM never walked in on him still and Jerry was still free. Get a grip and you're irrational as hell.
You are the king of deflection, stay on point. What I or anyone else feels about McQueary is irrelevant. Your defense of him by, once again, by bringing up what others did or did not do is suspect at best. I love your ability to assign a reason to what other people think.

Why can't you separate McQueary from the other 3? Forget his slamming of the locker door. What he did NOT do after that completely set the stage for everything else.

I am ****ing done talking to you.

You are the king of deflection, stay on point. What I or anyone else feels about McQueary is irrelevant. Your defense of him by, once again, by bringing up what others did or did not do is suspect at best. I love your ability to assign a reason to what other people think.

Why can't you separate McQueary from the other 3? Forget his slamming of the locker door. What he did NOT do after that completely set the stage for everything else.

Give a clear example of my defense of MM? Just one? Calling people idiots because they are looking at the ground still as a train is coming at them isn't defending the ground. That milk is spilt already. You're still stuck in 2011, fine stay there. Just learn to comprehend what people are saying.

Best part is it was a TSM sanctioned one-on-one mentoring program that was instituted in counties all across Pennsylvania with the help of state grants. http://www.dailylocal.com/article/DL/20090315/LIFE01/303159992

I love this. "At Risk" kids working out at UMLY - the old Cassatt estate. At Conestoga & Great Valley - "At Risk" means you drive a used Volvo to your Blue Ribbon award winning public school. Heim wants to help "at risk" kids in Chester County? You go out to Coatesville or Valley Township, or perhaps he goes closer in to the city or down to Chichester and Chester school districts.

This was the sort of crap I discussed with Bruce Castor about Second Mile - he just about fell out of his chair. And PCCD approved it - the very entity that now is playing with $48 MILLION of Penn State's money.

I don't doubt there is more to come but plea bargaining down to 1 M from multiple felonies and what the state was supposed to have on them is not exactly a 180 wouldn't you say ---- more like maybe a 15 degree shift ?
Wait, I thought these were innocent men longing for their day court?

It really depends on what happens with Spanier and their sentencing.

The case has been through 5 AGs, one of whom actively criticized the case to get the job. Couple that with top shelf representation, add in the OAG trying to take some shortcuts, and it's going to make things challenging for the prosecution.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
First it was: "If I were them, I'd want to have my say on the stand"
Then it was: "Since the jury will be biased, and we'll be found guilty, I'd want to do everything I could to get the charges dropped"
Now it is: "We plead Guilty, let's stay out of jail".

Yep, innocent men.

Wait, I thought these were innocent men longing for their day court?

It really depends on what happens with Spanier and their sentencing.

The case has been through 5 AGs, one of whom actively criticized the case to get the job. Couple that with top shelf representation, add in the OAG trying to take some shortcuts, and it's going to make things challenging for the prosecution.

Challenging ? People here are acting like the prosecution just won the best plea bargain ever
I'm just trying to keep it real - after everything getting a plea on 1 M should not be viewed as something great by the prosecution - it's actually kind of weak when you think about it - don't ya think ?

Mind you I'm not sticking up for CS - I always felt like Schultz had some problems from the get go

Like I said just keeping it real - that's all

Give a clear example of my defense of MM? Just one? Calling people idiots because they are looking at the ground still as a train is coming at them isn't defending the ground. That milk is spilt already. You're still stuck in 2011, fine stay there. Just learn to comprehend what people are saying.

You're right, they're standing on the train tracks looking for a dropped dime.

53125261.jpg

I was purposefully headed somewhere and then a "certain string of posts" suddenly "vamoosed" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Challenging ? People here are acting like the prosecution just won the best plea bargain ever
I'm just trying to keep it real - after everything getting a plea on 1 M should not be viewed as something great by the prosecution - it's actually kind of weak when you think about it - don't ya think ?

Mind you I'm not sticking up for CS - I always felt like Schultz had some problems from the get go

All very true. I'm thinking the plea bargain was a win for them, but the payment is still to come for that plea. Just a guess there, but I think they get really interesting really soon and not in a good way.

Best part is it was a TSM sanctioned one-on-one mentoring program that was instituted in counties all across Pennsylvania with the help of state grants. http://www.dailylocal.com/article/DL/20090315/LIFE01/303159992

Yep, Jerry basically went to Raykovitz and said "I want to take showers with young boys." And Jack said "Great idea! Let's do this all across the state." And the state said "What a great idea! Here's some grant money to help get things set up." So if anybody had an issue with Jerry showering with kids, all they had to be told is it what a TSM program, supported by the Commonwealth.

Ah, you really should read the article.

1. There is no suggestion in the article that Sandusky was ever part of a program like this.

2. The program started in the early 2000's, which completely rules out 1998, and possibly may rule out 2001.

Calendars are not your strong suit. I hope you did not get a degree from PSU.

You'll know next week why your idea here is utter nonsense. In the penn live article they admit to interfering with a report of csa.
It didn't matter what mike did , how was he supposed to know they wouldn't report it?

From the article :

That was part of the deal.

Curley and Schultz, in lengthy colloquies with current case prosecutors Laura Ditka and Patrick Schulte, acknowledged receiving McQueary's report and interfering with or preventing its transmission to police and child welfare officials.

They conceded a legal duty to do that and as a result of that inaction, the men admitted, prosecutors could show Sandusky continued to have access to boys and, in fact, abused another boy in Penn State's football facilities before his eventual arrest in 2011.

That's a huge problem because no authority did anything in 98 except to say the claim was proven to be false after a DPW investigation. I guess he should have been wearing shorts like Dr R said he should in these situations. The 98 situation would have a negative affect on how they handled 2001 based on the 98 decisions.

So according to STD in 98:

1. Gricar tells PSU as JS employer to get him help so he doesn't have to prosecute him for his actions even though his actions are not related to his employment at PSU but are directly related to his involvement at the TSM.
2. The TSM puts no protection plans in place for JS to prevent this situation from arising again in the future. This is where the children are being provided to JS, not PSU. I guess PSU should have told JS in his off time not to deal with kids alone.
3. JS retires from PSU.
4. 2001 report from MM comes in and seems like it's a repeat of 98.
5. PSU tells JS his guest privileges on campus are revoked and report him the TSM.
6. TSM does what with this report?

The 98 accusation was handled as a nothing to see here situation by the authorities and IMO could have had negative impact on how the 2001 situation was handled by PSU. Long story short if the authorities handled 98 correctly the 2001 incident probably never occurs
No probably about it. I can't say this enough, the people who are PAID to understand this stuff DPW CYS TSM did nothing and C/S were supposed to be the guys to take action.

Now explain how Mike is the bad guy.

Them being bad guys won't change Mike being a bad guy too
Does that explain it well enough for you ?

He did the wrong thing and they did the wrong thing - therefore - they are all bad guys right?

Not quite. They were investigating an incident at Sandusky's workplace. The child was met at TSM, but this wasn't a TSM program.

The plan was suppose to be worked out with DPW; It is questionable if they ever informed TSM.

Sure, except nobody at PS ever called DPW in 2001.
His point was there is no 2001 if 98 is handled correctly.

You'll know next week why your idea here is utter nonsense. In the penn live article they admit to interfering with a report of csa.
It didn't matter what mike did , how was he supposed to know they wouldn't report it?

From the article :

Curley and Schultz, in lengthy colloquies with current case prosecutors Laura Ditka and Patrick Schulte, acknowledged receiving McQueary's report and interfering with or preventing its transmission to police and child welfare officials.

They conceded a legal duty to do that and as a result of that inaction, the men admitted, prosecutors could show Sandusky continued to have access to boys and, in fact, abused another boy in Penn State's football facilities before his eventual arrest in 2011.
If this case has taught us anything, it's to never rely on anything the media reports on, especially in a courtroom. I look forward to reading the transcript and will draw my own conclusions.

His point was there is no 2001 if 98 is handled correctly.

But who was involved in handling 1998? That it the question of the day.

Them being bad guys won't change Mike being a bad guy too
Does that explain it well enough for you ?

He did the wrong thing and they did the wrong thing - therefore - they are all bad guys right?

So someone who doesn't call the police when faced with the situation, that person is a bad guy?

It depends on what happens with Spanier and their sentencing.

If they take the stand and answer questions everyone has is that not a win for the commonwealth?

With something this political getting to the truth is nearly impossible. Most times neither side is willing to do what is necessary to get to it.

We'll find out if the state was just trying to save face shortly. I'm of the opinion they got something from C/S for the deal.

Serious question - who shut down DPW? Who shut down Lauro?

I do not know, but my guess is either the DA's Office or CYS. They both should have had the Chambers Report (it was sent to the DA's Office) and that information should have been shared with Lauro.

That said, nothing would have prevented Lauro from talking to Chambers.

It depends on what happens with Spanier and their sentencing.

If they take the stand and answer questions everyone has is that not a win for the commonwealth?

With something this political getting to the truth is nearly impossible. Most times neither side is willing to do what is necessary to get to it.

We'll find out if the state was just trying to save face shortly. I'm of the opinion they got something from C/S for the deal.
It won't be a win as some may not like what they hear. Nobody won through out this whole entire mess.

STD, you've said (paraphrasing) that Gricar took the Catholic church model approach towards JS in 98. Do you know if JS ever got "help" for his problem and/or if there is documentation?

It still wasn't part of their program.

DPW was suppose to but a plan in place immediately, prior to the termination; they didn't.

No, PSU, i.e. Spanier had a duty to report. According to Curley, he didn't tell Raykovitz it was child sexual abuse.
not a csa expert but Colt 21 seems to think Raykovitz had a responsibilty to investigate no matter why TC told him.

What if Baldwin's testimony had not been struck down by the PASC? Would there have been more incentive to settle earlier? Something to consider...

What if Baldwin's testimony had not been struck down by the PASC? Would there have been more incentive to settle earlier? Something to consider...

GBS might have been begging for a deal at this point.

I think the decision should have been appealed to the PA Supreme Court. That said, Hoover's decision was very poor.

I do not know, but my guess is either the DA's Office or CYS. They both should have had the Chambers Report (it was sent to the DA's Office) and that information should have been shared with Lauro.

That said, nothing would have prevented Lauro from talking to Chambers.

Was Lauro ever "officially" questioned

But who was involved in handling 1998? That it the question of the day.

So someone who doesn't call the police when faced with the situation, that person is a bad guy?

You may have missed my point - you obviously know there is more than one bad guy in this situation

There's no need for Baldwin with these guys.
It's like losing out on Wimbush but getting McSorley.

There's no need for Baldwin with these guys.
It's like losing out on Wimbush but getting McSorley.
But losing Baldwin essentially destroyed the conspiracy charges - all felonies with almost no wiggle room to lower those to misdemeanors as part of a plea deal.

you guys do realize that accepting a plea bargain requires a guilty plea, right?

They would not be the first defendants (by a long shot) to plead guilty to something they didn't do because it was prudent risk management.

This plea was essentially equal to pleading guilty to vandalism. In the grand scheme of what they were originally charged with, this is NOTHING. This is a loss for the OAG. There is no other honest way to spin this.

All very true. I'm thinking the plea bargain was a win for them, but the payment is still to come for that plea. Just a guess there, but I think they get really interesting really soon and not in a good way.
So your life's desire is to "kill Curley"?

From the article :

You all are blowing this out of proportion. All this means is that they accepted a guilty plea. This is how the statute is written. There is no way they could have accepted a plea (to a minor charge) without "admitting" this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT