ADVERTISEMENT

Brands is an idiot!!

Str8DBLz

Feb 2, 2019
Just cut woman's wresting at Hawkeye land

So Perry said I'm outta here as well

Where is this coming from? I ain't second-guessing ya, just legitimately wondering.

If true, perhaps they simply don’t have the funds to support a dedicated coach and women at the RTC? That would make Brands a poor fundraiser, not an idiot. His primary role is to lead the college team. Everything else is secondary.

Reactions: liex26
Yeah, I really don't have any inside information but nothing would point to him (them) being an idiot if this is true.
It seemed like at least RTC wise, Iowa was ahead of the field in Women's wrestling. Wonder what changed.

Mineo tweet, LOL. Over/under on getting busted and deleting the tweet = 4 hrs.

OTOH, if he tweets often enough about some program being cut, eventually he'll be right.

@Str8DBLz Please post a link to something not sourced to Mineo.
I was going to say Mineo also tweeting that Gilman may be on the move as well

Willie confirms Perry on the move, but not that cutting of the women from HWC. I think that's what Perry was tweeting about that was fake news.
Yes, he redacted the second half of the rumor.

Not that I ever cheer for Iowa, but this still sucks.

Mineo was much later than when my info came in

Mineo tweet, LOL. Over/under on getting busted and deleting the tweet = 4 hrs.

OTOH, if he tweets often enough about some program being cut, eventually he'll be right.

@Str8DBLz Please post a link to something not sourced to Mineo.

Str8DBLz has broken some good information. Snyder to NLWC is the big one. He also said he heard Berge was out for the year and that was pretty true, he did wrestle one more match before getting shut down again.

ASU accumulating quite the coaching staff. Consolidation of coaches across the country about to happen? Hope not.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
ASU accumulating quite the coaching staff. Consolidation of coaches across the country about to happen? Hope not.
What makes you think that?

Remember that they lost top assistant Pendleton to Oregon State.

“So Perry said Im outta here” ??

Where did this come from??
That part has been confirmed by a number of outlets.

IDK if he left or got pushed, but either way it makes tons of sense for him. If he wants to be a head coach at a top D1 program (he was co-head coach at Cal Poly and associate head coach at Illinois -- Heffernan's replacement in waiting), then he can't afford to let his recruiting skills atrophy.

Arizona State is a tremendous fit for him. They just lost a coach at his weight range and need a west coast recruiter. Perry brought Delgado and Martinez to Illinois.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
That part has been confirmed by a number of outlets.

IDK if he left or got pushed, but either way it makes tons of sense for him. If he wants to be a head coach at a top D1 program (he was co-head coach at Cal Poly and associate head coach at Illinois -- Heffernan's replacement in waiting), then he can't afford to let his recruiting skills atrophy.

Arizona State is a tremendous fit for him. They just lost a coach at his weight range and need a west coast recruiter. Perry brought Delgado and Martinez to Illinois.

My point was he didnt leave because HWC cut womens.

Edit, not only that, but Str8 is blaming Brands for something that didnt even happen....

Reactions: El-Jefe
Mineo tweeting that Gilman may be on the move to avoid a Ramos/Dennis situation. What would we all think about him landing at NLWC? Have to admit he’s can’t miss wrestling, and a little like Snyder, I think the staff can give him more offense diversity. Him and zain are also very close ive heard.

Mineo tweeting that Gilman may be on the move to avoid a Ramos/Dennis situation. What would we all think about him landing at NLWC? Have to admit he’s can’t miss wrestling, and a little like Snyder, I think the staff can give him more offense diversity. Him and zain are also very close ive heard.
I'd welcome Gilman with open arms

Reactions: liex26
keep believing that iowa/HWC isn't falling appart.

Iowa will always be iowa. It's what gable built. that is what they want and that is what they will get.

That said coaches coming and going, drama, lawyers, gunz and money always keep it interesting.

But if falling apart means they are only better than 97% of the field, most will take that any day of the week. In any sport. In any profession. In any walk of life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT