ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal..dream crusher

I saw, in person, him lose in the finals of the 2003 world championships at MSG.

On that subject, I was standing at one corner of the mat when Les Gutches hit Cael with one of the most awesome throws I've ever seen in freestyle. That was at the US Open back in 1999 or 2000. The video is probably out there on YouTube if someone wants to search for it.

Like Matter said..we all have bad days..it wasn't your content that drove me nuts, it was not letting it go when the argument wasn't going anywhere.

For what it's worth..prior to yesterday, personally, I've enjoyed your posting history here.

No hard feelings from me at least

FWIW I would miss you too Ban. Though I really wouldnt miss the last few days of banter if they slid off to back pages. No welcome worn out.

In all seriousness, I'd slot it in as #2. Junior two time champ (who beat Nolf twice) gets stuck? Snyder hadn't won anything to that point and Rohn's pin was a total reversal of the match, but Cenzo? That was stupendous.

We have certainly been spoiled these last few years, that's for darn sure.

Precisely why I prefaced it with, "the PSU lenses" statement so as to try to keep it impartial.

With that said, given the three other dramatic pins in the finals that were listed, would it be a stretch to you to think that many would find the pin of Taylor by Jenkins, also given all that had happened before, to NOT be considered dramatic? If not, I'd like to know why you don't think that it is. It certainly rocked me when I saw it.

Boooooooooooo!!

Like Matter said..we all have bad days..it wasn't your content that drove me nuts, it was not letting it go when the argument wasn't going anywhere.

For what it's worth..prior to yesterday, personally, I've enjoyed your posting history here.

No hard feelings from me at least
Me too. I hope you'll reconsider.

Besides Bo's and Imar getting pinned by Cenzo, Quentin Wright's finger four at Pitt over Wilps was one of my favorites.

Besides Bo's and Imar getting pinned by Cenzo, Quentin Wright's finger four at Pitt over Wilps was one of my favorites.
Figure four? If it's the match I'm remembering, the pin was among the most unusual (unique) I've ever seen.

Reactions: Hotshoe
I've looked for video of that Q match, but have never been able to find it.

I've looked for video of that Q match, but have never been able to find it.

I couldn't find it either. However, I was there. It was a dual at Pitt in Q's senior season. It happened so fast I couldn't tell you exactly what happened but Q had both legs around Wilps head/shoulders and pinned him in the first period.

I can't find video of the match either, but I did find a sequence of pics from it -- starting here:
https://pennstatewrestlingclub.org/gallery3/index.php/2013/PittSel/33_-q

Here is the last pic of the sequence:
36_%20q.JPG

This was definitely a Quentin Wright Special.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Sorry if I missed a previous discussion of this, but was reliving some of the 2018 B1G highlights from February and just realized that Mymar tried a similar move as the dream crusher Bo used in the National finals but with a much different result.

I'd be curious if others have a different take, but starting at about the 5:20 mark of this video MyMar seems to be trying an elevator but Bo quickly adjusts and converts for the take-down. Crazy that Bo would crush MyMar's dreams with the same basic move a month later.

Sorry if I missed a previous discussion of this, but was reliving some of the 2018 B1G highlights from February and just realized that Mymar tried a similar move as the dream crusher Bo used in the National finals but with a much different result.

I'd be curious if others have a different take, but starting at about the 5:20 mark of this video MyMar seems to be trying an elevator but Bo quickly adjusts and converts for the take-down. Crazy that Bo would crush MyMar's dreams with the same basic move a month later.
Nice catch. Big difference is that Martin didn't have Bo's head, so even though Bo leaves his hips high, and even goes over, he can easily recover.

I hadn't rewatched that match, thanks. Both of Bo's takedowns are things of beauty.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
Nice catch. Big difference is that Martin didn't have Bo's head, so even though Bo leaves his hips high, and even goes over, he can easily recover.

I hadn't rewatched that match, thanks. Both of Bo's takedowns are things of beauty.
Bo’s footwork is one of his greatest strengths. Those pups never stop moving and improving. Makes hard stuff look effortless.

Reactions: tikk10
Bo’s footwork is one of his greatest strengths. Those pups never stop moving and improving. Makes hard stuff look effortless.
Not just footwork. Anyone that's wrestled knows how unique Nolf and Nickal are. I'd say they're the Picasso, Fred Astaire, and Archimedes of the wrestling world, all rolled into one. There's really good guys coming in, just saying we should enjoy the artistry of these two in particular for their senior years.

Not just footwork. Anyone that's wrestled knows how unique Nolf and Nickal are. I'd say they're the Picasso, Fred Astaire, and Archimedes of the wrestling world, all rolled into one. There's really good guys coming in, just saying we should enjoy the artistry of these two in particular for their senior years.
Agreed. When this roll started, my favorite was Quentin. Then DT overtook him, and to a lesser extent Ed. Zain came along and I enjoyed him even more than DT. I know I enjoy Nolf and Nickal even more. At some point it's got to stop getting better, right? ;)

Fortunately I have a personal favorite in Cenzo that I'll be able to enjoy for another year after Nolf and Nickal are gone.

Agreed. When this roll started, my favorite was Quentin. Then DT overtook him, and to a lesser extent Ed. Zain came along and I enjoyed him even more than DT. I know I enjoy Nolf and Nickal even more. At some point it's got to stop getting better, right? ;)

Fortunately I have a personal favorite in Cenzo that I'll be able to enjoy for another year after Nolf and Nickal are gone.

I sure hope it doesn't stop getting better, but you;re right, not sure how much better than 7 team titles in 8 years and multiple champs almost every year it can get.

Reactions: danoftw

Isn't that what I said?

:D

I know you're not picking on me Roar, just having fun. I think you'll find we see eye to eye 98% of the time on this kind of thing (OK, maybe only 83%).

Bo has even a better counter to the same move against Hunter Ritter at the B1G Championships

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/5756654-184-lbs-bo-nickal-psu-vs-hunter-ritter-wis

5756654-184-lbs-bo-nickal-psu-vs-hunter-ritter-wis

Reactions: SRATH and danoftw
I was thinking Monet, Gene Kelly, and Pythagoras.

I sure hope it doesn't stop getting better, but you;re right, not sure how much better than 7 team titles in 8 years and multiple champs almost every year it can get.

Not to mention the unbelievable moments of the last few years, Cenzo pinning Imar and then being (arguably) topped by Bo pinning Myles, how can there possibly be anything better this year?

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT